Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

I have not played it but it's on my list for Spring. Neshanic Valley is supposed to be pretty good. County course but a step up from the regular county courses. Links style I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not played it but it's on my list for Spring. Neshanic Valley is supposed to be pretty good. County course but a step up from the regular county courses. Links style I believe.

Neshanic Valley is nice, our outing was there this year. Not sure what kind of shape the course was in because I missed it but it was very nice in 2014.

This looks pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation. What are the prices typically like in late July?

Getting excited about THP Regional Rivalry with NJ and New England.

I can only be practice squad material but will at least make sure the NJ/NY squad gets accustomed to a good amount of trash talk during the round. That may not amount to much, but at least it'll be fun on my end.

Guys/gals, I'm heading up to NJ for the PGA Championship next year with some friends and we're looking to get in a round or two while we're up there. We're actually staying in a town called Califon with a friend from college which I believe is about 40 minutes away from Baltusrol. I know we have a while before it gets here, but I am trying to get some ideas of places we can play, so I was wondering if you all had any suggestions of courses we could play. We're not opposed to driving a little to get to the courses, so any suggestions you may have are appreciated. Thanks.
Plenty of options up that way. Some even a short ride over to PA. Around Easton. Neshanic is good. Also a bit of a hike but a lot of good golf around Atlantic City.

I'm playing Royce Brook on Sunday at 11:00 with my cousin. Two spots left on teeoff.com for $44 if anybody wants to join us.

I'm playing Royce Brook on Sunday at 11:00 with my cousin. Two spots left on teeoff.com for $44 if anybody wants to join us.
Gonna be cold we have 7:50

So anyone wanna play Christmas Eve? lulz Gonna be a scorcher.

Okay, thanks!

Might be a bit soggy but I would be down. Probably have to do morning to mid morningish since there are suppose to be thunderstorms...in December.

Might be a bit soggy but I would be down. Probably have to do morning to mid morningish since there are suppose to be thunderstorms...in December.

Fine with me. Earlier is better. GM drains well, as opposed to White Clay.

Little Glen Mills action?

Wish I was in town. Played 27 there last week and the course was in great shape for this time of year. Of course, the greenskeeper was evil. Some of the pin positions were diabolical. For example 8 on the left corner right in front of the false front, 9 on the right front with the drop-off right before it. Winds were 15-20 and gusting. Challenging but a blast.

Wish I was in town. Played 27 there last week and the course was in great shape for this time of year. Of course, the greenskeeper was evil. Some of the pin positions were diabolical. For example 8 on the left corner right in front of the false front, 9 on the right front with the drop-off right before it. Winds were 15-20 and gusting. Challenging but a blast.

Front pin positions on 8 and 9 is definitely diabolical. I've had one go back down the hill in that position before on 8 and man was it brutal.

Front pin positions on 8 and 9 is definitely diabolical. I've had one go back down the hill in that position before on 8 and man was it brutal.

When they put the pin on the left on #8 (it wasn't more than 9' from the fringe) the landing area is incredibly small if you are more than 5' short, it will roll back down the hill and there isn't more than 14' behind the pin to the edge where it drops off into the rough. With the greens windswept and fast getting the ball to stop is next to impossible. I hit GW (50*) from 100 yards and my ball mark was 3' past the pin and it released to the edge of the green leaving me a fast downhill 14' putt with a drop off just past the pin. I was real happy to two putt and get out with a par.

That hole ruined one of my best rounds of the year when we were out there last time. What was I? 60 yards from the green off my tee shot and took an 8.

That hole ruined one of my best rounds of the year when we were out there last time. What was I? 60 yards from the green off my tee shot and took an 8.

Yeah I remember that, it sucked, it's so deadly if you hit the wrong area of the green.

When it happened to me, my second shot was right at the pin and one of the guys I was golfing with says to his friend, "it's a good shot, but watch, it's gonna roll down" even before it did. I felt like wrapping my putter around his neck.

Yeah I remember that, it sucked, it's so deadly if you hit the wrong area of the green.

When it happened to me, my second shot was right at the pin and one of the guys I was golfing with says to his friend, "it's a good shot, but watch, it's gonna roll down" even before it did. I felt like wrapping my putter around his neck.

I've come to the conclusion that getting too close on that hole is a problem for me. Driver can get you close but then you're left with a touchy chip or pitch. I've hit a good drive to the base of the green/hill too many times and be left with no good alternative for getting close.

Pin on the left and you can play driver to the right side/rough - it gives you some green to work with - but that's taking changes with lie/stance.

Last time I played it, it was 3 hybrid to the fairway which left me 100 yards out. Hit 3/4 GW as I wanted to take spin off the ball (afraid to back it off the green) and it just didn't stop. Of all the ways I have played that hole, that seems the best for me.

Back