Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

Nic looking wedges!!

BFast that toe picture is absolutely top tier. Great representation of what golfers have to look forward to.

Thanks. When I seen these first hand at the Shaft Up event this was the first thing that I noticed was this milling.

Thanks. When I seen these first hand at the Shaft Up event this was the first thing that I noticed was this milling.

I take it the milling on these is even more pronounced than the milling on the RTX 2.0 version?

Man they look great!

Great video

I'm REALLY curious how these feel. Obviously looks great, visually more appealing than the RTX-3s. Unfortunately for my tastes, I haven't found something I liked in the terms of feel outside of the Mack Daddy forged that I'm playing.

I'm REALLY curious how these feel. Obviously looks great, visually more appealing than the RTX-3s. Unfortunately for my tastes, I haven't found something I liked in the terms of feel outside of the Mack Daddy forged that I'm playing.

I have played with the Mack Daddys also. What do you like most about the Mack Daddys?

Had a little bit of time with the RTX 4 XLow last night.

Both this one and the low have been awesome hitting from tight lies for me. That 80 to 90 yard shot was always a guessing game, but these just rip through the turf and onto the green. Definitely have to work on my partial swings and whatnot with them as Ive been longer than I wanted more times than not (my usual since I have 0 touch).

Had a few greenside shots with the XLOW last night too and it didnt disappoint. 2 to gimmee range which was great to see on a night where I couldnt do anything else right. These grooves definitely have some bite to them which is great for a low/no spin player like myself.

I have played with the Mack Daddys also. What do you like most about the Mack Daddys?

Just the overall and sound of the mack daddys. They feel soft to me and have a balanced sound to impact. Although more and more as I get better with my short game, I feel like I need a bit more versatility since I play a lot with an open face.

Just the overall and sound of the mack daddys. They feel soft to me and have a balanced sound to impact. Although more and more as I get better with my short game, I feel like I need a bit more versatility since I play a lot with an open face.

I can see your point on the softness feel of the MD's and even the SM lines from Titleist. I agree there for sure.

Versatility with the MD's isn't even a question compared to the RTX line though. This is the reason I went with the low bounce option this time like mentioned before....going to see how much more I get out of it compared to when I play a full bounce sole which I didn't have a problem playing it in different positions too.

I can see your point on the softness feel of the MD's and even the SM lines from Titleist. I agree there for sure.

Versatility with the MD's isn't even a question compared to the RTX line though. This is the reason I went with the low bounce option this time like mentioned before....going to see how much more I get out of it compared to when I play a full bounce sole which I didn't have a problem playing it in different positions too.

I actually think these feel softer than the SM7 line does.
I have never been a big soft vs hard feel when it comes to wedges however, because the sound is what is playing that role.

I have never been a big soft vs hard feel when it comes to wedges however, because the sound is what is playing that role.

Ill be able to tell you here in a day or so. I had SM5's before my RTX-3's and I can tell my SM5's were softer in the feel aspect.

But, I don't make my decision based on that aspect alone though.....

oh, and maybe I wont toe shank one with this lower bounce option I have ;)

I need to get my RTX-3s back from my dad. He probably isn't even using them. Hopefully can do a side by side comparison as I don't really remember anything with the RTX-3s.

I hit the SM7’s and the RTX4’s back to back and didn’t notice a difference between the 2. I was using Titleist range balls which might have been why, but I wouldn’t describe either as particularly soft I don’t think.

#FiberLaunch

Doing some testing today! Look forward to what these feel like.

2ed3b8cd94514cd19c7dbf4208dd2c79.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Doing some testing today! Look forward to what these feel like.

2ed3b8cd94514cd19c7dbf4208dd2c79.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Those look GOOD! Love the tour raw!

Yessss..... Raaawww!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did I miss something? Where are some of you getting these???

So was able to spend about an hour with these. Wife thought I was stuck in traffic when I really wasn't. Ha! Got them from a friend of a friend who had access to them. 50* mid, 56* mid, 60* low

They LOOK awesome. I really like the tour raw grind. Right away I knew they'd be fun. I was able to hit some really low and high shots on command. Workability is fantastic. Surprisingly, even though they are "blade wedges", they are extremely easy to hit. I like open up the face a lot so with my Mack Daddys, some bad shots are just skulled. I didn't have this issue with the RTX-4s. The sound and feel is awesome as well.

Like @canadan and @mikedean441 said, the 60* LOW is the game changer. The high loft clubs are often trouble for me even though I carry them. But this 60 will get everything in play in the tightest lies.

I'm just sitting here itching to get out more with these. Super fun.

Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

Put my 58 to work tonight. A little odd feeling as it still has a standard size grip on it. Hopefully this weekend I can slip on my grip.

First off, like I mentioned before the looks of the RTX-3s always threw me off. The performance absolutely not, looks yes. Here is a pic of the 4 my bag next to the 3s.....they hit it out of the park with these aesthetically!

acdbd893ffd0311609312fb97d5dac77.jpg

Had a really good night chipping with it. I would purposely chip green side that I would normally possibly putt from tight lies and really hit some nice tight chips for gimmies. Handle straight up and face slightly open really feeling the trailing edge of the bounce. A few, my partner was like “man I was really doubting your club selection on that one because of how tight of a lie that was. That’s a tough shot.” I told him I was going to be testing this tonight and it worked out well. The low bounce option is obviously a great option for the tight bent grass I play on for chipping but not a high percentage shot to pull off and all that I attempted except one were pretty naughty and the one that was waffa was totally me as I decelerated something fierce and left it short. I really didn’t have a chip or pitch from the rough during the round and I didn’t have time to drop a ball or two to mess around as the days are getting shorter.

I have always played a lot of bounce specially on my highest lofted club so this is mentally different as the help from the bounce always was mentally easier . So much more testing will be needed to see if I will like the low loft option. I also didn’t have a range of 30,40,50 yards where I could hit a shot and get a feel for a longer range. But like mentioned more testing will be done....

Stand by for this weekend....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back