Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

I hear you. One of the nice advantages I have is our driving range about 75 yards from my office, so I can go out for as long as the temps allow pretty often.
Where in MD are you?

The day is finally here.

I have these ready to go to the course after work. May be 40* out, but I simply don't care!

DSC_0648-L.jpg

I'm so happy/eager right now. Especially since it'll be my first session/outing with the PXi in them since I was fit to them. Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!

You will fall in love so quickly, preordering the CF16's was the best thing I ever did
image_1.jpeg

James you had the PX in these during the grandaddy instead of the PXi. What is the difference other than better feel for you?

James you had the PX in these during the grandaddy instead of the PXi. What is the difference other than better feel for you?
Higher peak flight with these, saw it during my fitting too that it's not as flat of flight, which for what I need is good thing.

Higher peak flight with these, saw it during my fitting too that it's not as flat of flight, which for what I need is good thing.

Did that lead to more distance? Only reason I ask is our set ups seem pretty similar. We play the game similar to each other and I always keep an eye out for what your doing and ask myself would that help me. But the PX6.0's in the CF seem to really work for me, but I didn't have any gain in yardage. Yet. Two round at sea level and one round in 50 degrees won't tell me the total truth of my distance, but for now I'm no longer with the CF than I was with my previous set which was a players iron

How much of a difference? I tested the PX 6.0 and game the pxi 6.0 in the cf 16. I don't have numbers for either but from the eye I don't see a difference, so just curious what you saw?

We were bouncing back and forth between PXi and PX and decided on the PX for dispersion and the little extra weight felt good.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Did that lead to more distance? Only reason I ask is our set ups seem pretty similar. We play the game similar to each other and I always keep an eye out for what your doing and ask myself would that help me. But the PX6.0's in the CF seem to really work for me, but I didn't have any gain in yardage. Yet. Two round at sea level and one round in 50 degrees won't tell me the total truth of my distance, but for now I'm no longer with the CF than I was with my previous set which was a players iron

Yeah, I was at 178 with the 7i in the PX 6.0 and then 182 with the PXi on trackman. Better yet, dispersion got a lot tighter from the PX for me and my swing.

Better yet, with the Pro 7i in 6.0 I was maxing out around 170 with a WAY worse dispersion.

How much of a difference? I tested the PX 6.0 and game the pxi 6.0 in the cf 16. I don't have numbers for either but from the eye I don't see a difference, so just curious what you saw?

See above. Trackman doesn't lie, plus they felt way better.

Yeah, I was at 178 with the 7i in the PX 6.0 and then 182 with the PXi on trackman. Better yet, dispersion got a lot tighter from the PX for me and my swing.

Better yet, with the Pro 7i in 6.0 I was maxing out around 170 with a WAY worse dispersion.

Can't argue with more distance AND better consistency/dispersion. Can't wait to dive into a fitting for these bad boys.

Can't argue with more distance AND better consistency/dispersion. Can't wait to dive into a fitting for these bad boys.

It was eye opening when Nick showed me the three groupings. I was ready to try more shafts, until I saw that.

Wish I'd taken a pic though.

Well, the loft on the 7-iron in the CF is 31* and the loft on the 7-iron for the Pro's is 34* so it's no wonder why one was longer.

****ducks*****

Well, the loft on the 7-iron in the CF is 31* and the loft on the 7-iron for the Pro's is 34* so it's no wonder why one was longer.

****ducks*****

Definitely wasn't the spin being insanely high. :alien:

Definitely wasn't the spin being insanely high. :alien:

I am not concerned with your facts or data. I am a #feelplayer.

****ducks*****

There is some validity to that, IMO. Which is also why I question why anyone considers a combo set unless they can get deeply fit with custom lofts.

There is some validity to that, IMO. Which is also why I question why anyone considers a combo set unless they can get deeply fit with custom lofts.

Launch angles were the same, despite the loft differences. You know as well as I do, its not all about the loft.

Haha that's why I'll be bagging 2 7 irons lol

Launch angles were the same, despite the loft differences. You know as well as I do, its not all about the loft.

This is very true sir and it makes so much sense. Tech differences and all, I'm not surprised.

Mine new apex should be here Monday. #CantWait

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mine new apex should be here Monday. #CantWait

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see how they work out for ya! Hopefully those recoils were worth the longer-than-anticipated wait.

Finally got the Pxi 6.5 and CF16 combo on the course today. Oh my.

I honestly backed 2 shots off of the green (about 6 feet) with a 9 and 8, I'm not one who does that. I'm hitting my irons higher and with better dispersion than I have ever I think. A good high, not like that I've seen in some review sets.

Man I'm so excited to have these in the bag this year.

Oh yeah, put it in the shot of the day thread, but this was 6i from the intermediate cut just off the fairway to a pin which lasered 193:
6351049636bd0934cba262dc5f052d6c.jpg

Back