Your Non-Golf Bucket List

OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
I got to check Pebble Beach off my Bucket List last week, and have seen several golf related Bucket List posts by others, but what about the stuff on your list that isn't golf related?

What have you checked off the list, and what's still on it?

Here's one that I checked off a few years ago, took one of my daughters to see the SF Giants in the 2014 World Series (game 4). I missed an opportunity to take my Dad to a World Series game back in the 70's, Dodgers/Yankees in '77 (he was a big Dodgers fan), but even after spending the night in line I couldn't get tickets, sold out. My daughter and I are both Giants fans, so when the opportunity came up to see our team in the World series, I wasn't going to miss it. GREAT TIME!!!

So what is, or was, on your non-golf Bucket List?

I think the biggest one I have checked is the African Safari, it is an incredible experience I would suggest to anyone.
not sure I have a list per say but one thing I have always wanted to do is crossing the atlantic in a sail boat, not sure if that'll ever happen though

I would love to be at a playoff title clinching sporting event. The Super Bowl is an obvious one because it's only one game, but there is so much more stuff to enjoy and see the days leading up to it.

The other way would be a game 7 for any sport or just a game where if the team leading the series clinches by winning that game.

I've checked a few off my list, but still have a lot to go:

️ Live in other countries
️ Meet Batman/ride in batmobile

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

I got to check off a lot of bucket list things over the years:
- Own a Motorcycle
- Get a Tattoo
- Learn to Surf
- Surf Hawaii
- Surf A Pro Caliber break: Surfed Lower Trestles in Southern CA
- Be in a Band and play live
- Visit my homeland (Israel)
- Volunteer at a Major Golf Tourney (not playing related)
- Build and fly R/C Helicopters
- Build and race R/C Cars
- Live in a Super Bowl winning area when they win (Fly Eagles, Fly!!)
- Live in a Stanley Cup winning area when they win (Canadiens won when I lived in Montreal)

Some things left to do:
- Skydive
- Learn to fly a real Helicopter
- Own a Sports Car
- Live in a World Series winning area when they win (looking good this year as Philles in 1st Place)

The items on my bucket list (not actually written down) that aren't checked are travel related.
British Isles
Australia
National Parks; I still have a few to visit

After thinking about the question in the OP I have concluded that I don't have a bucket list of anything I haven't already done. I'm totally content.

I got to surf in Hawaii on my 50th birthday, so that one got checked off, although I'd like to get another opportunity in better surf.

I've also dropped a couple off my list, just due to changing interests or other circumstances.

I was really into whitewater kayaking for about 10 years, and wanted to get good enough to comfortably run the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. I've since gotten away from the sport, haven't done any whitewater in several years, so that one has dropped off the list.

I always wanted to try skydiving, and I don't mean the piggyback stuff they do now, but the old school way where you have to actually jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I have absolutely no interest in doing it strapped to someone else, and have just kind of lost interest otherwise.

So many on my list. African safari, see all the wonders of the world. So far two off the list. Maldives, Bali and the list going on and on. This world has many amazing places.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Galápagos Islands.... African safari... my sons are doing Africa now with their aunt.... timing didn’t work for me and my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I crossed a big thing off my bucket list recently thanks to my wife. She sent me to Orlando in June (actually Kissimmee) to fly a P-51 Mustang. I'm not talking about a 20 minute ride, I got to spend close to 90 minutes actually at the controls of the airplane doing loops, barrel rolls, wing-overs, aileron rolls, etc. We put that plane through it's paces, and despite being almost 70 years old it still holds up as one of the greatest airplanes ever built. I have several things left on my bucket list, but it'll be hard to top that one.

The ones we typically talk/daydream about are visiting national parks. Specifically Glacier, Grand Teton, Yellowstone. Alaska is on the list as well.

Crossed off:
Learn to ride
Race motorcycle
Track day in a Porsche
Skydive
Backpack Europe solo
See Ferrari and Ducati factories
4 wheelin' in West Virginia
2 wheelin' off road at Hatfield McCoy trail system
See Lascaux caves
Spend a week in Italy with the Roman ruins
See Roman ruins in Bulgaria
Hike the Virginia portion of the AT trail
See MotoGP race and have picture taken with The Doctor (Valentino, not the one on this site, but I'll add him to the bucket list if he wants)

Left to do:
Hike Hadrian's wall
See a Formula 1 race up close
Hike to Everest base camp (not climb the mountain, just basecamp)
Climb Kilamanjaro (the walking route)
Visit Africa (see above)
Circumnavigate both islands of New Zealand by motorcycle
Visit all 50 states - at 46 now (my old doggie did 25 of them with me)
Cross off Greece and European side of Turkey
Tour Vietnam by scooter

This list changes day by day, as I learn new things I want to do. For now, these are the highlights.

Go to every major league ballpark. I’ve been to 6 I believe so far.

Visit Italy and eat real Italian pizza and pasta.

Take an Alaskan cruise

Attend a Braves playoff or World Series game.

(That’s all i got for now...)

Id like to go east coast to west coast on a motorcycle. That’s probably about it.

#FiberLaunch

A few more that I've checked off over the years.

Dirt bike riding/racing:
Race in a National Enduro.
Finish in a National Enduro.
Cross the Sierras off-road (included riding through the abandoned train tunnels above Donner Lake)

Cool Travel Stuff:
Climb the Eiffel Tower (stairs).
Night dive/snorkel with the Manta Rays (Kona, Hawaii).
Zodiac tour of Na Pali Coast - sea caves, whales, snorkeling (Kauai, Hawaii).

To do (in no particular order):

- CN Tower
- NHRA drag race
- visit Newfoundland (the last Canadian province I haven't set foot in)
- become a successful ice technician (curling ice)

go see the Isle of Man TT

Viking Rhine River cruise. I think we're going to do this in 2020 when I retire.

would love to tour Norway and New Zealand on a motorcycle.

coast to coast across Canada on a train in the fall.

I really only have two at this point in my life:
1) Play my music on stage for a large festival crowd
2) Motorcycle trip on old US-50 from my home in Southern Illinois to the West Coast and back, then to the East Coast and back (in two different trips, probably)

My bucket list inclues:
1.) Kyoto, Japan (As somsone who loves Japan, Japanese culture and Japanese history; Id love to visit what was the capital of medieval Japan. Not to mention its just a beautiful city)
2.) Soul, South Korea
3.) Shanghai, China
4.) Angkor Wat, Cambodia (Angkor Wat is one of the largest, if not the largest Buddhist monuments in the world)
5.) Germany (The fatherland)
6.) Switzerland (The motherland)
7.) Alaska (I hope the see the glaciers before the melt away)
8.) England/Scotland/Ireland (The home of golf, its been my dream for a long time to golf at St. Andrews)
I havent really gotten to work on any of it yet but Im getting to a point in my life where I value experiences more than I do worldly possessions and I hope to devote much more of my disposable income to traveling in the future.

I have a large Bucket List but these are some of the larger more realistic ones
-Own a Porsche (ideally a GT3 but realistically a convertible Carrera)
-See the west coast of the US
-Participate in a car rally such as the Gold Rush Rally or Gumball
-Go on an Alaskan Cruise
-Go on a tour of different European Countries

The ones we typically talk/daydream about are visiting national parks. Specifically Glacier, Grand Teton, Yellowstone. Alaska is on the list as well.

Drop everything and book a Yellowstone/Tetons trip now. It’s awe inspiring and amazing.

Drop everything and book a Yellowstone/Tetons trip now. It’s awe inspiring and amazing.

Next summer it’s quite possible. We are in FL now but moving to Oregon in December so those places will become much more accessible then.

Back