Committing to a full bag of clubs?

Already play all 1 OEM. Honestly everything works fantastic I have no need to look elsewhere. Most OEM's have multiple lines of clubs that suit your game in one way or another so it's not like you can't find something that would work. The only club I rotate among many OEM's is the putter. I move them around like a shell game.

I can certainly see merit in trying to find the perfect club among all the OEM's but for me there's no need as everything I have from Callaway always works great. Coupled with Customer Service I'm not sure why I'd look elsewhere. Plus for someone who is OCD like me it's just better that everything matches LOL.

Could I? Sure I could, it probably wouldn’t make any difference in my handicap or scores. Most OEM’s have enough options to cover almost every playing profile throughout the bag. I’m sure I could find 14 clubs from almost and company still in the game.

Why don’t I? Because I LOVE all the options and love gear in general more than I like any one brand. I just don’t want to limit myself to 1 or 2 options from 1 company that I may or may not like the looks of some of the clubs they make. I want a full bag of 14 clubs that I love.

Never have, and currently my bag is quite an assortment. Don’t think I’d have any issue at all committing to a full bag from one OEM though. Just haven’t had a reason to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played a full TM bag for several years. And if it weren't for Toulon Design, I probably would be there still. Has to be my OCD. It used to be I didn't like the look of other brands of clubs. I felt that Titleist woods sounded (felt) dead. I didn't like the looks of Ping or Callaway irons. But, that all seems to be changing. Lots of great looking stuff out now. Heck, I really want to hit the i500/i210 irons from Ping before I decide on new irons. I will take a long look at the Cleveland wedges before replacing my MG wedges and I have hit my M3 driver well this year but I have to see if the G400 Max and a couple others are just as long AND more forgiving. Lots of great choices

Like some others have said, different manufacturers have clubs that fit me better, depending on the club. Hybrids are a perfect example. I began playing Titleist 818 H1s when they came out last year. They fit my eye extremely well and they are adjustable, so that I can fill gaps better coming out of my irons. When the Rogues came out, I began playing Rogue hybrids.

At the same loft, the Rogues are longer than the Titleists and they definitely are longer on miss hits. Jailbreak really works. However, the Rogues don’t fit my eye as well. They are more blocky in shape. The Rogue only goes to 19 degrees and I don’t think the Rogue X would work for me (although I never tried it). Neverthess, I played the Rogues for most of the first half of the year, playing the 3 and 5 and then playing 6 iron as my longest iron. It worked fine. Then, because I was thinking about selling them and thought I would play them one more time for fun, I threw the Titleists back in the bag, along with a 5 iron. It forced me to eliminate a 5 wood, but I have loved the Titleists. Again, the adjustability allows me to gap better. I play the 3 and 4, but turn the 3 down to 18 degrees. I don’t get quite the distance as a 5 wood, but I am much more precise. I have been playing some of my best golf ever with the Titleist hybrids in the bag, but I can’t see myself playing a full bag of Titleists.

Another example is the TaylorMade Hi Toe. I love that wedge, but have better success with Callaway MD4s for my 50 and 54 degree wedges than the Milled Grind wedges.

So, long post, but two examples of how different manufacturers make different types of equipment that suit me better.

People that game one brand of clubs are total puds and should be ostracized by all good and decent people.

People that game one brand of clubs are total puds and should be ostracized by all good and decent people.

giphy.gif

There has always been at least 1 slot in the bag that I don't like any offerings from a particular eom at any given time. And since I'm not being played to play their stuff, I'll choose what works for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Calling someone a "pud" doesn't seem either good, or decent. :)

I haven't called anyone a pud since high school. It felt good.

I'm a Callaway squee girl and as such they will get first crack at my business. However if my Epic 3 wood or hybrid ever start misbehaving they know if they're not in the bag or earning rent money then it's eBay for them.

It’s all about performance for me. Different OEMs offer different gear and with that comes varied performance in my bag.

There is also a looks element. Certain OEMS don’t fit my eye for what ever reason.

And then there is the reputation element. There are certain OEMS I just won’t play. Or certain clubs from an OEM I won’t play.

The owner, and a good strong acquaintance, of my home course is a Titleist staffer, Callaway has been really good to me ever since the 2014 Gauntlet, and Wilson Staff was fantastic to me in 2016. I like doing business with friends.

I don't want to leave anybody out.

I am currently playing Full bag from 1 OEM and I paid for every one of them.
Would I change tomorrow if I found a better fit, of course but for now this bag is working just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back