I've started putting left hand low, it has helped my short game tremendously. For me it feels like it locks my shoulders it and forces me to rotate my spine. It also helps my feel, when I miss a putt it's a 12-15" out, not 4-5 feet. There was a slight adjustment to start, but I'm really digging the results. Wish I had done this in June when I was playing good golf with my irons/woods..

I have messed around a bit with this, but man it's hard for me to get comfortable with. I've read plenty that it's one of the best ways to learn putting, but I think this dog is too old for a new trick.

Glad it's working for you!

Been working with my son on trying to get a better setup position, for him (who tends to line up with his eyes inside the line) and me (who has the opposite problem.) Also trying to get more comfortable with a shorter, sharper stroke. It's been very damp lately and the greens here are staying dewy longer into the mornings. Had a lot of trouble getting the ball to the hole last week. I've got a round slated for Monday; trying to keep the changes moving forward.

Just messing around putting in the basement tonight, and I know it isn't the same as on course (but I will take whatever practice I can get at this point).

Head down, head down, head down. More putts on line. More putts with better pace. More putts made.

Now to get this out on the course and see what happens.

Just messing around putting in the basement tonight, and I know it isn't the same as on course (but I will take whatever practice I can get at this point).

Head down, head down, head down. More putts on line. More putts with better pace. More putts made.

Now to get this out on the course and see what happens.

I think it all helps. I feel like any kind of putting stroke can have some success with practice. Repetition is huge.

When is the next round?

Was in a frustrating funk, ready to switch up putters. Switched my grip from thumbs even on the front of the grip to more of a ‘normal’ Golf grip and found my pace improved almost instantly! In my last round I still had missed a little left or right on a course I play once a year, but my pace was lights out!

Excited to get out and practice/play more to see if the positive trend continues.

I think it all helps. I feel like any kind of putting stroke can have some success with practice. Repetition is huge.

When is the next round?
Next round is Tuesday at league.

The downside of not being on the course to practice at all this year, is that there is not enough time to work the problems out in real situations.

Where did you do the fitting? Did you try different head shapes and necks to see what helped your alignment and fit your stroke best?

I did try a bunch and the one I walked in with ended up being easily the best for me. The plumber's neck is bendable so Ian (TXG Toronto) was pretty happy with that and said if I hadn't already had that type of putter neck he'd have wanted me to change to it since it can be bent.

Early in the year my putting was very inconsistent. I have a tendency to overanalyze my stroke and that makes it worse. I switched to an older putter I had and also realized my right hand crept too far to the left. I made a slight change and I've been putting great for the last month. Pick my line and speed, rock my shoulders and if I miss, it's not by much. The less I think about stroke, the better I putt.

Last fall I had tried going to left hand low and had committed to it until about a month ago. It worked ok for short putts but long putts I didn't feel like I had any control. I went back to my old grip that I used since I was a kid and seem to be doing better.

I will say that the left hand low felt so comfortable though, more natural for me.

Left hand low was strange for me. It felt uncomfortable but results were really positive. If I didn't straighten my issues out, I would have really given it a try. It really levels my shoulders and stroke but feels foreign to me.

I need to do my SPi cert. Everytime I get all in on it life throws me some chaos, like twins, lmao.

Seriously though, would just benefit me, the community, and my teams.

I have struggled for two weeks with my putting...I usually am a pretty good putter...now i keep missing left or pulling left...its in my head now that maybe the SeeMore FGP mallet might need a change....i did a putter fitting a few years ago and was fit into a Taylormade ghost tour black indy which has pretty good toe hang....I think SeeMore is more face balanced (i think)...anyway i cant get my left miss out of my head.

Any suggestions? Lol thank you

My putting has been very erratic to say the least. On, off, off, off, on though to play consistently this way. Had my SC for 17 years, might be a good time to explore something different but every time I feel this way, I start to get better thinking it is OK then it drops off. I've been playing a face balanced putter for that long of a time but maybe I should look at something with a little more toe hang since a lot of my putts are missed on the low side.

I must have jinxed myself, after stating how good I have been putting, I promptly lipped out 3 par putts today and left one birdie putt on the lip of the cup. At least my lag putting was on point.

3 birdies in a row today from 4, 7 & 12 feet. Love the new stroke.

After watching @canadan roll his TM spider, I ordered one myself. I have so much confidence and control over the speed of my putts it’s scary. My club has fast greens and this putter has made them so much easier to putt.

It’s amazing how seeing a few fall early will lead to more. Confidence is king apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s amazing how seeing a few fall early will lead to more. Confidence is king apparently

I was just thinking about this after my round today... I find myself tapering off after a lot of good putts early. It's almost like my brain is over-complicating things or something.

Putting Banter

I was just thinking about this after my round today... I find myself tapering off after a lot of good putts early. It's almost like my brain is over-complicating things or something.

I’m trying to stop caring so much and just let things go - I hear that’s the key to great putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
36-36-35-36 putts my last four rounds. Almost all due to speed issues. I just have to get serious and freaking practice. I’m killing my scoring chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I made a small adjustment yesterday at my Pros recommendation, to stand a little further from the ball. He said I was taking the putter back outside and then cutting across the ball with an open face.
I took his advice and once in the correct address position hitting my lines seemed to happen naturally once again, and the roll was visibly better.

Have not taken the "new" to the course, but I just put Blast Motion into play - loaded the App onto the iPad, and started working with it - about 400 putts over last 3 days, inside and on the practice green. I also purchased a TPM to take the hands out of the stroke. The Blast transforms your putting - it gets me to take the putter back faster, you think less, and that's always good - their target ratio on every putt is .6 seconds back, .3 seconds forward. You get stats on everything, and I mean everything on every stroke - change in loft, lie, during the stroke, etc.

I was thinking about this earlier. I don’t feel like I putted bad during the trip, but felt like it could have been better.

Overall confidence is there, but I’m just missing my lines.

We played the final 18, any observations/input?

When I'm missing my line, it's usually one of three things.

1. My eyes aren't directly over the ball which skews my perception of where the putter head is aimed.
2. My backswing isn't going directly away from the starting target line.
3. I didn't pay as much attention as I should getting the face perpendicular to the target line.

It was brought to my attention that my alignment and some other things are out of whack. But I felt good about the way I rolled the ball today. I feel really comfortable / confident with the Toulon.

Last played 18 on Thursday, rolled the ball really well. Playing 9 again tomorrow. Betti BB40 has me feeling very confident currently.

I really need to get my putting in check. I do fairly well most of the time with speed, I struggle with missing left. is frustrating. Putting is the part of my game I need the most help with as I've never really had any guidance with it, where I have with everything else.

Back