Well went to the pga superstore and picked up a used 33” Huntington Beach 8. It had one small scratch along the bottom so for $80, it’ll be a good experiment. Put a 3.0 SS grip on it. Hoping to see some differing results from the red 1Ws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year my putting has been a lot better, although it is usually a case of one round the line is spot on but the pace is slightly off, and others where I have the pace but not quite the line.....frustrating when I get one of them, but there have been more occasions when they both come together and I have scored well

At my last lesson, my coach had me roll a few putts with different weighted putters and he then made a couple of changes to mine by adding 1" to the length and more weight to the grip end, and once I got used to the change I have found that my putting is even more consistent

I have got another lesson tomorrow evening and I will probably have a bit of time putting and see if I can get a SAM PuttLab report if we have time during the lesson

It’s not a lot of fun or glamorous but I really want to get back to putting practice routine I had two years ago. Spending 45-60 mins 1-2x/week working on 4-5’ putts then speed control from 12-24’ using the click drill with 5 balls at 4 locations

Completely changed my putting and while I’ve been pretty good lately I want it to be as automatic as possible

It’s not a lot of fun or glamorous but I really want to get back to putting practice routine I had two years ago. Spending 45-60 mins 1-2x/week working on 4-5’ putts then speed control from 12-24’ using the click drill with 5 balls at 4 locations

Completely changed my putting and while I’ve been pretty good lately I want it to be as automatic as possible

Take a rum or two with you and it's my kind of Monday evening.

Take a rum or two with you and it's my kind of Monday evening.

I kinda like that solitude on the practice green and just rolling putts.

Might need to be a virgin rum. Outside of a beer with mooseja last month I’ve been alcohol free for roughly a year

I kinda like that solitude on the practice green and just rolling putts.

Might need to be a virgin rum. Outside of a beer with mooseja last month I’ve been alcohol free for roughly a year

I'll rum for you.

Putting practice, especially when there's no one around, is awesome. One of my favourite things to do at the course in the evenings.

I've been hot or cold with my flatstick lately, and not really much in between. The greens out here are hit or miss so I've been sticking to the public course that has the nicest rolling greens, which has helped to a degree. Putting is always funny though because for me, when I'm rolling the ball well I don't even think about it, but when that doubt creeps in I start over thinking things. Not much different than other aspects of the game I suppose! I'm very comfortable with my putter, though so I think continuing to solidify my routine will help me get more consistent. At least that's what I'm telling myself!!!

I'll rum for you.

Putting practice, especially when there's no one around, is awesome. One of my favourite things to do at the course in the evenings.

Same here. I’ve been too focused on getting m swing back that I’ve gotten away from that type of practice. With just the little I’ve done in the last month I can see the results paying off. More focus is going to be fun again and results should show up quickly. Plus the super rat has been money

Had to come in here and open my mouth didn't I? Struggled mightily this weekend with distance control, I left everything short. Appeared that I had the right lines, hit those lines I just couldn't get a read for the green speed and my distance control. Hope to get some more time at the range this week, and may just devote the whole session to it.

Shot a 94 today...with 41 putts. Decided to go with a slightly firmer Cleveland Classic I used to game. Started everything on good lines, and usually 5+ feet past. Back to the Huntington Beach putter.

Signs your completely lost on the greens: A google search involving the claw grip.

Signs your completely lost on the greens: A google search involving the claw grip.

Or youtube searches of "How to Putt"

That is where i was a month ago. Not proud of it.

The Breakthrough Golf Stability putter shaft is pretty legit. I'm addicted.

The Breakthrough Golf Stability putter shaft is pretty legit. I'm addicted.

I'm about due for my august golf expenditure... Where did you pick that up? For review?

Not sure the right term... but it might be funny, interesting, or something to me how much technology, milled faces, inserts, long putters, standard putters, grips, grip techniques, etc. go into rolling a little ball.

What's the click drill?

Changed my hand position when putting and have seen great improvements in my putting game. When I grip my putter, my right forefinger points down the side of the shaft and for some reason it seems to help me get the right speed, a good roll, and usually a really good line.

I am going to make a bold statement. My inability to sink putts this season has ruined my ability to enjoy a round. Crazy right?

On the putting green pre-round, the putts fall. The pace is good, and the ball finds the cup.

As soon as I hit the course, I am an absolute wreck on the greens. I dread putting. The speed on mid to short putts is good...... but nothing falls. Lag putting from distance, one can be great, the other 10 feet short (which then compounds the putting issue). Tonight I had 7 bogeys on the round, and each one was a tap in bogey. Why can't I make any putts?

I am going to make a bold statement. My inability to sink putts this season has ruined my ability to enjoy a round. Crazy right?

On the putting green pre-round, the putts fall. The pace is good, and the ball finds the cup.

As soon as I hit the course, I am an absolute wreck on the greens. I dread putting. The speed on mid to short putts is good...... but nothing falls. Lag putting from distance, one can be great, the other 10 feet short (which then compounds the putting issue). Tonight I had 7 bogeys on the round, and each one was a tap in bogey. Why can't I make any putts?

I know how that feels, went through it earlier this year. Being afraid to putt can be such a downer. After reading Dave Stockton's book and going back to my old grip things seem to have turned around.

How many of you guys who roll a blade putter sneak a couple rounds with a mallet in here and there to see what you're missing?

I'll admit, I do it more than I should. MOi for days lol

How many of you guys who roll a blade putter sneak a couple rounds with a mallet in here and there to see what you're missing?

I'll admit, I do it more than I should. MOi for days lol

I throw my Vline from the Grandaddy in when the stroke gets crazy or I need to switch it up.

What kind of neck is this? I'm not hip to all the putter lingo.
b12990abbf077372e3c1f1764e1fb800.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back