my Cobra amp irons shafts are now all breaking

If we are going clones then why not just get the cobra f6,7 and call it a day? Or if you just want to get back into a build get the maltbys i can't remember the name but they are just as good, my only gripe with clones is usually they use cheaper metals and they after stealing from a name brand and nowadays we have maltby that makes a quality product to save money but they don't cut corners, and from your stand point you will pay about the same for a frat used set of two years back greatness, just my two cents

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

yea, im just over thinking things right now. Don't mean to keep you going an confusing with all my thoughts. Ive got some some figuring to do...lol

I understand completely, i play the ftb and love them for no reason I've changed my swing to half and now I'm thing i need me shafts lmao

and so a couple months gone by. As some may know (from other threads) Im already set with my new ping g400 irons set. But one thing I ddnt mention is that i had contacted TT (true temper) shaft company about this whole thing. They finally weeks later get back to me with an apology for not responding sooner. I explained the whole thing to them. Thier response is that they will send me new shafts (comparable ones). I dont yet know if they mean for the whole set or just the ones that broke. And also if i csn get custom length and other shfats like the prct x lz's im playing now. Of course Im already in my new set of irons but why not get these shafts (if for the whole set) and just pay to have them installed. I wish they would have gotten back to me much sooner. But still I give them (TT) a big thumbs up for the offer. Thats very good of TT in my opinion. But...just what to do, i really dont have a clue. Just all a bit too late now in a sense. Plus the expense of grips and install everything . None the less it was nice of them to want to do something. I can appreciate that. and am glad my new ping irons have TT (projectx) shafts in them. makes me feel good they will stand by thier products some years later. So regardless what I do or not. I give them a thumbs up :)

I really think condensation got into those shafts or they prepped them to much before install and thinned the walls to much, do you have a pic of the break and the inside of the shaft we can see?

The condensation is what I was just thinking too! Might be them or you if you stored them a certain way or carried them in your car all the time, depending on where you live of course!

and so a couple months gone by. As some may know (from other threads) Im already set with my new ping g400 irons set. But one thing I ddnt mention is that i had contacted TT (true temper) shaft company about this whole thing. They finally weeks later get back to me with an apology for not responding sooner. I explained the whole thing to them. Thier response is that they will send me new shafts (comparable ones). I dont yet know if they mean for the whole set or just the ones that broke. And also if i csn get custom length and other shfats like the prct x lz's im playing now. Of course Im already in my new set of irons but why not get these shafts (if for the whole set) and just pay to have them installed. I wish they would have gotten back to me much sooner. But still I give them (TT) a big thumbs up for the offer. Thats very good of TT in my opinion. But...just what to do, i really dont have a clue. Just all a bit too late now in a sense. Plus the expense of grips and install everything . None the less it was nice of them to want to do something. I can appreciate that. and am glad my new ping irons have TT (projectx) shafts in them. makes me feel good they will stand by thier products some years later. So regardless what I do or not. I give them a thumbs up :)

My suggestion is to just enjoy the new clubs. How are you liking the G400s?

Dave

I've got a set of c-taper lite stiff shafts with midsize grips on them. I'd ship them to you for 50$?

I here ya. Except im not buying anything for 3 or 400 new iron set wise. Gong to be more like 7 at least.

Why not? Shop around a little and you might be surprised how very little you can get a brand new set for. In the past year I've bought (brand new) a set of MP18's 4-PW for under $300.00 with PX LZ shafts. It was right at $300.00 plus I used an eBay code for 20% off. This was an authorized MZ dealer. A set of MP15's, same with the PZ LZ shafts for about 220.00 all in, brand new 3-PW. A set of Wilson Staff d200 (I think??) for 212.00 all in BEFORE 20% off. These are dad's current gamers, 4-GW. So about 175.00 to my door. A set of Nike Vapor Speeds w/ a Nike Vapor Speed driver, brand new for 250.00 (4-GW w/ Driver and Fubuki Shaft).

If you buy October-February you can find some insane deals. You won't find it on current model year clubs but you're already about 6 models behind and honestly there is very little difference between 2017 model year clubs and 2019 model year clubs. If you want some links for super low prices just PM me. I'll find some, but a quick eBay search should yield the same results for you as me. Most clubs I buy from now until March will be bought right around PGA Trade In Value for used.... and still be brand new.

I'm not trying to be anything other than helpful but honestly Amp Cell irons can be had for well south of 150.00 in great shape. There was a set in 9/10 condition here with graphite shafts on this sites marketplace for $125.00 asking within the last month. Unless you are emotionally attached to them, it's time to upgrade. If last years offer was on the table it would PROBABLY be worth doing. It's not anymore so it's time to "buy momma a new pair of shoes!!" Lol.

Enjoy your hunt for new irons. I'm serious about this though. If you want to go down the wormhole of equipment searching for price just let me know. Let me know what you're after and I'll find something that's so low priced that your jaw will drop. Particularly this time of year. I flip a LOT of clubs. I call 10/01-02/28 "buying season". From 03/01-07/31 is "selling season".

It's a buyers market baby! Look up what you want and if it's 700.00 plus, you aren't looking on the right spots.

My suggestion is to just enjoy the new clubs. How are you liking the G400s?

Dave

Liking them alot. In fact this ended up a blessing in disguise in some ways. Not financially what i was expecting nor really something i wanted to do. But I really enjoy the irons and i feel Im in irons that match my swing better than the amps did. I never felt as sweat swinging those as i do these. At least thats how it all feels to me right now. Overall im glad I have the new set.

I've got a set of c-taper lite stiff shafts with midsize grips on them. I'd ship them to you for 50$?
Thank you for the offer. Not necessary at this time.

Why not? Shop around a little and you might be surprised how very little you can get a brand new set for. In the past year I've bought (brand new) a set of MP18's 4-PW for under $300.00 with PX LZ shafts. It was right at $300.00 plus I used an eBay code for 20% off. This was an authorized MZ dealer. A set of MP15's, same with the PZ LZ shafts for about 220.00 all in, brand new 3-PW. A set of Wilson Staff d200 (I think??) for 212.00 all in BEFORE 20% off. These are dad's current gamers, 4-GW. So about 175.00 to my door. A set of Nike Vapor Speeds w/ a Nike Vapor Speed driver, brand new for 250.00 (4-GW w/ Driver and Fubuki Shaft).

If you buy October-February you can find some insane deals. You won't find it on current model year clubs but you're already about 6 models behind and honestly there is very little difference between 2017 model year clubs and 2019 model year clubs. If you want some links for super low prices just PM me. I'll find some, but a quick eBay search should yield the same results for you as me. Most clubs I buy from now until March will be bought right around PGA Trade In Value for used.... and still be brand new.

I'm not trying to be anything other than helpful but honestly Amp Cell irons can be had for well south of 150.00 in great shape. There was a set in 9/10 condition here with graphite shafts on this sites marketplace for $125.00 asking within the last month. Unless you are emotionally attached to them, it's time to upgrade. If last years offer was on the table it would PROBABLY be worth doing. It's not anymore so it's time to "buy momma a new pair of shoes!!" Lol.

Enjoy your hunt for new irons. I'm serious about this though. If you want to go down the wormhole of equipment searching for price just let me know. Let me know what you're after and I'll find something that's so low priced that your jaw will drop. Particularly this time of year. I flip a LOT of clubs. I call 10/01-02/28 "buying season". From 03/01-07/31 is "selling season".

It's a buyers market baby! Look up what you want and if it's 700.00 plus, you aren't looking on the right spots.

Thanks for the help. As you can see its all been done already. fwiw not easy to find fitted equipment. Finding it yes, but finding to your own fit...not really.

Just saw this. Didn’t you also recently have a Wilson putter break near the hosel? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

Just saw this. Didn’t you also recently have a Wilson putter break near the hosel? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

yes I did but whatever you might be thinking they are totally different and unrelated circumstances and on the putter it wasn't the shaft at the housel but the head casting itself on the cheap putter.

yes I did but whatever you might be thinking they are totally different and unrelated circumstances and on the putter it wasn't the shaft at the housel but the head casting itself on the cheap putter.

Might be how you handle your equipment.

My personal thought is that anything you own for over a year shouldn’t be covered for repair/replacement. 5 years is pretty insane to be concerned over.

My personal thought is that anything you own for over a year shouldn’t be covered for repair/replacement. 5 years is pretty insane to be concerned over.

I totally again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be how you handle your equipment.

Nah, not a chance. I value my clubs like an investment. I use iron covers while I play and I dont abuse my clubs. I kringe anytime one of my club heads might hit something accidentally. All I ever did with my irons was play golf. take my swings, brush or wipe and cover and back in the bag till the next shot. Dont stay in my car.

I mean what could i possible be doig to break 3 rions at the housel. Rmember the putter was a totoally different things and not at all shaft related.

I really beleive this dynalite90's were simply to thin for my swing force. Thats a very light weight thin alled shaft. Im not a slow speed swing and lets face it....alot of punding on driving range mats as well as firm playing conditions not to mantion fat shots and all done with a swing that is not on the slower end of the scale. As mentoned ive got irons 4 times older that seen 4 times the play and practice and still are perfectly fine to this day. I actually ised them in eplacement of my broken ones while i was maiing decsison and ordering my new set. I also had irons even older than them which I eventually got rid of but also never an issue.

There is no way I did anything to cause this. I beeleive that iron shaft was just too thin and light for me to use and eventually they bega to brake at the place that takes the most force.

This is one reason I like the prjct x LZ shafts I got now. They have a thick tip and into the housel. They are designed that way with the loading flex zone (thin part) midway. Ill bet I can if need be game these for over a decade without braking one just like my previous sets.

Really? so your new car should end its coverage after one year? Or your new refirgerator? You seond alot of money for clubs and one year shouldnt be what is expected. Clubs are played for decades without braking. I think things should be coverd for whtever the maker offers you when you buy them. And sometimes when things may be obvious or cinsidered a possible flaw it may extend that coverage via a courtesy. When you buy things that do have 2 or 3 or more years of coverage, perhpas you can tell the makers of the items you bought that you dont want more than a year because you feel once you have it for a year it shouldnt be covered. Im sure theyd be happy to acomodate you :alien:

But we been through this already and I mentioned Im ok with it.

It is nice to see that TT is seeing this as seomthing that shouldnt really happen and are willing to send me shafts. Thats pretty awesome regardless whether I decide to do anything at this point. Its clear these are braking at the stress point. Civered or not it really shouldnt happen. One could suggest that it should be marketed they are not designed for anything but slower swing speeds if they really wanted to make a case of it. Not what i have done but its why i beleive I have had these troubles. Just sayin.

Back