robmc826

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I tried the ping 58.14 ws grind, Cleveland cbx 58.10, vokey sm6 58.14 k grind. They all felt good. They were all demoed indoors. What would you guys do?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just can’t say enough good things about the CBX, especially if you plan on using it for full swings.

As a 58. I would mainly be using it for less than full swings

If you play in soft conditions (sand and turf) or are a digger, the higher bounce on the Ping or Vokey may help. A lot of love on the forum for the CBX. The one you described in the OP has more of a neutral bounce.

Sometimes I tend to get a little deep. The 58 cbx only comes in the 10 degree bounce. I'm not really sure what the benefits of the v sole are.

Today I tried the ping 58.14 ws grind, Cleveland cbx 58.10, vokey sm6 58.14 k grind. They all felt good. They were all demoed indoors. What would you guys do?

Try the Cleveland Smart Sole 58* S wedge. It plays significantly different from any other wedge.

I’m a massive CBX fan, but if this is your lob wedge then go for something else. For a 48-54 I’d go for the CBX every time.

I like my 58* CBX and I use it about 5% for full swings and the rest are chips and pitches. I don't know if the v-sole make than much of a difference but hands down the CBX is the best wedge that I have for those type of shots.

I went to a short game clinic today that included a wedge fitting. Tried the CBX wedges. Performed good, but they are not for me. Looked huge and didn’t like the offset on the them. Tried the new Cleveland RTX 4.0’s. Didn’t really feel any different to my RTX 2.0’s. Ended up with the Vokeys. 54 (can’t remember the grind) and 58 in S grind. By far the best performing and feeling wedges for me. Having said that, like a putter, buying a wedge is a pretty individual choice.

#FiberLaunch

Back