Blades Vs Cavity Back

I have tried many times and I just am not good enough to play with blades.....cavity back for me

As you have brought up at a 20 handicap, are you doing a lot of shot shaping?
I would also say that if you are hitting the musclebacks the same distance as the XR Pros, you are definitely missing something on the XR Pros. Its almost not possible to get the same distance as i have tried this test numerous times.

I would also say that if you are hitting the musclebacks the same distance as the XR Pros, you are definitely missing something on the XR Pros. Its almost not possible to get the same distance as i have tried this test numerous times.
By shot shaping I'm referring to fades and draws on demand. Hit shot and low shots. I either move the ball up or back in my stance and change my swing plan inside out or outside in.

Its very effective. I'm hitting GIR 60 to 70% from the fairway. Even my instructor can't believe how I can even square the club face. But after thirty years I have a ton of bad habits and swing flaws. But they are consistent and controlled.

But my putter is my samurai suicidal blade. Straight to my gut. Can tell you how many 3 footers I've missed.

20 hcpers and proud of it. Lol

But shaping the ball is possible with a flawed swing as long as the club face and swing plane are controlled to produce the results you desire.

Again

Peace and Love.

Jmtc

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The XR Pro's are the longest clubs I've ever owned. I'm sure I'm leaving plenty in the tank.

But I didn't get the Blades for distance but to eliminate my swing flaws and avoid masking my swing errors.

But I'm happy to be getting decent distances with the MP -5's and. I'm not losing a ton of yards when I play them.

Peace and Love

By shot shaping I'm referring to fades and draws on demand. Hit shot and low shots. I either move the ball up or back in my stance and change my swing plan inside out or outside in.

Its very effective. I'm hitting GIR 60 to 70% from the fairway. Even my instructor can't believe how I can even square the club face. But after thirty years I have a ton of bad habits and swing flaws. But they are consistent and controlled.

But my putter is my samurai suicidal blade. Straight to my gut. Can tell you how many 3 footers I've missed.

But shaping the ball is possible with a flawed swing as long as the club face and swing plane are controlled to produce the results you desire.

Again

Peace and Love.

Jmtc

The XR Pro's are the longest clubs I've ever owned. I'm sure I'm leaving plenty in the tank.

But I didn't get the Blades for distance but to eliminate my swing flaws and avoid masking my swing errors.

But I'm happy to be getting decent distances with the MP -5's and. I'm not losing a ton of yards when I play them.

Peace and Love

Im so confused. You said a few posts earlier that you hit the musclebacks the same distances as the XR Pros, and now say the XR Pros are the longest you ever played. Im sure I am missing something.

I understand what you meant by shot shaping, Im just surprised at the level you are describing yourself, that you are trying to play fades and draws on command, rather than a ball flight that is natural (everybody has one).

Im also shocked that with the swing flaws you are describing, you are having more trouble shaping the ball with smaller profiled CBs, because with the numbers you are posting and why they are happening, the spin difference will be virtually nill and instead change from swing to swing regardless of what iron is in your hands.

If you're hitting 60-70% of your gir's from the fairway, I think you need to work on your putting more than your ball striking.

If you're hitting 60-70% of your gir's from the fairway, I think you need to work on your putting more than your ball striking.
He has said it himself and it is born out by some of the stats he's shared - he appears to be fabulous ball striker (especially) for his handicap. I'm jealous :)

Again

Peace and Love.

Jmtc

Since you're hitting 60-70% GIR, I wouldn't worry too much about lessons other than putting lessons. Everyone has their own athletic swing and if yours is working that well I'd leave it be. Those are single digit cappers GIR #'s, put in work on putting and it sounds like you're there.

Since you're hitting 60-70% GIR, I wouldn't worry too much about lessons other than putting lessons. Everyone has their own athletic swing and if yours is working that well I'd leave it be. Those are single digit cappers GIR #'s, put in work on putting and it sounds like you're there.

That's way higher than my GIR.

Johan where are you losing so many strokes?? At a 20 cap how can you shape the ball in so many directions on command and still be that high? Genuinely curious

Edit: nvm someone answered it.

Yea 60-70% GIR is crazy good. That's PGA tour level numbers. If that's true, I'd really take the own 125 campaign to heart. You should be shooting real low scores with that number.

I think this has run its course haha. Glad your loving the MP-5's Johan!

Yea 60-70% GIR is crazy good. That's PGA tour level numbers. If that's true, I'd really take the own 125 campaign to heart. You should be shooting real low scores with that number.

I don't think he means 60-70% overall GIR, just that from the fairway he hits the green 60-70% of the time. Which depending on how many times during a round he hits the fairway could really effect how he scores.

I don't think he means 60-70% overall GIR, just that from the fairway he hits the green 60-70% of the time. Which depending on how many times during a round he hits the fairway could really effect how he scores.

Ahh yea that makes a difference. That's still good though

Ahh yea that makes a difference. That's still good though

I agree it's still pretty dang good, especially for someone who is a 20 handicap. I think it's awesome that he wants to become a better ball-striker, however I think he should talk to his teaching pro about some short-game and putting lessons soon. His scores and handicap will drop like a rock if he hits the ball that well and then is able to put a good short-game with it.

Im so confused. You said a few posts earlier that you hit the musclebacks the same distances as the XR Pros, and now say the XR Pros are the longest you ever played. Im sure I am missing something.

I understand what you meant by shot shaping, Im just surprised at the level you are describing yourself, that you are trying to play fades and draws on command, rather than a ball flight that is natural (everybody has one).

Im also shocked that with the swing flaws you are describing, you are having more trouble shaping the ball with smaller profiled CBs, because with the numbers you are posting and why they are happening, the spin difference will be virtually nill and instead change from swing to swing regardless of what iron is in your hands.
About the same distance for a 7 as in my 160 yarders etc.

I guess I should have said prior longest. But I still believe if I step on the XR Pro's they will be longer. The Blades require a smoother swing. Which leads to more consistent results. Which I love. I am usually inside of 125 yards from the pin on most par 4's I play so distance is not my biggest concern.

But the XR Pro's are animals. I have only hit the Apex CF16 at golf Smith. But they are equal if not longer than the XR Pro's and just as easy to hit. Unlike the Blades.

My natural ball flight is a draw. But I find it easier if the shot shape matches the fairway and green layout, as well as the pin location. I can hit a fade over land That avoids water guarding the green on the right side, for example, versus trying to hit the perfect draw over the pond and land it on the green. If my fade is short or long it would still be dry and playable. Versus all wet.

Not sure how to answer your last question. Please rephrase.

Okay maybe I think you are asking if I can draw or fade the ball with a GI or SGI club versus a Blades. Yes of course I can fade or draw the ball with a cavity back. I just have found it a 50 % easier task. As you have pointed out the Blades produce more spin. Therefore it is safe to assume more curvature in the ball flight.

Jmtc

P&L

I'm actually planning on going back to a combo set next season with the same blade make up in 8, 9, PW. I'm finding I need more forgiveness in the long irons .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it. Lol. But what can I say. I have a highly stressful Career and beating little golf balls give me Peace of mind. Lol.

If I could just take one less putt per hole I would regularly shot in the 70's.

Wait a minute. That true for every one. Lol. Imagine 18 less stroke per game. PGA Tour baby.

But just to stop missing three putts is my goal for 2016.

Less Long game more short Game practice. But honestly I'm stuck in Drive for show rut.

You figured me out P&L

I'm actually planning on going back to a combo set next season with the same blade make up in 8, 9, PW. I'm finding I need more forgiveness in the long irons .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

745/945?

Back