The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have current and former players using words like "absolute power" it never ends well. Yes these are professional athletes getting paid millions, but they are type A guys you can't push around or manipulate like in college. These guys have options college kids dont
Unless you coach in New England that is. Haha

So true. I find that an interesting dynamic and have to believe Brady behind the scenes is helping running that ship just like Belicheck wants. It's been said the locker room is players only and coaches need advocates/strong leaders in there & I think that's where Chip failed. No one wanted to go to bat for him.

Karma sandwich with a side of...

No clue. Side of something. Maybe sour grapes.
Side of HGH? Too soon?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There are other teams too. People forget quickly in todays day and age of always on media. Coughlin in NY was this guy. Players said he was unfair, his practices too hard, etc. Guess what? It went away, Tiki like most Barbers, faded away and they won titles.

Fans are quick to point out the loss of position players, as that is usually what is noticed. Fantasy Football mindset. We saw how good Nick Foles is at QB. RB is easily replaceable too. They were just a bad team and when players refuse to play and practice hard for a guy, because he got rid of a buddy, or whatever other reason, the coach takes the blame.

People forget that Billy B was the coach of the Browns. He didnt suddenly learn how to coach when he went to New England.

So true. I find that an interesting dynamic and have to believe Brady behind the scenes is helping running that ship just like Belicheck wants. It's been said the locker room is players only and coaches need advocates/strong leaders in there & I think that's where Chip failed. No one wanted to go to bat for him.
OT, but I'll bet almost anything Houston makes a run at Bradford in the off-season. And they could get him pretty cheap and still draft a guy

OT, but I'll bet almost anything Houston makes a run at Bradford in the off-season. And they could get him pretty cheap and still draft a guy

We could do worse (Looking at you Weeden), but honestly I'm not sure what will be available at the time we draft. Winning the division was a blessing and a curse this year. Of the QB's out there, Bradford would be the one I would have the least issue with.

Winning cures everything for a coach. Coughlin was a hard @$$ in Jax early on but once they started winning nobody cared. When the cap killed them in 2001 he became the bad guy again and was fired, only to go on to win two SBs.

Just win, baby.

True but their offense is real good. Don't understand what happened to them last week. I thought the Ravens D was bad.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think they went in there feeling their oats against what they saw as a weakened divisional opponent and forgot just what set of jerseys they were playing. That and figuring they had the Patriots beating the Jets as a back stop got them slapped down in short order.

I have heard Ben does like to feel some oats.

I have heard Ben does like to feel some oats.
Only if they are intoxicated, and locked in a downtown club bathroom with his bodyguard by the door...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see Paxton Lynch play today. I guess he's the higher rated QB prospect now (over J. Goff, who I see all the time).

Being reported that Manziel showed up to the training facility showing concussion symptoms today. Should be interesting to see what they do if he can't play. Do they start Prior or maybe Tom Tupa is available to come in for the week.

Being reported that Manziel showed up to the training facility showing concussion symptoms.

In other news,
Stupidity and hung over is a concussion syndrome now.

It is probably just a hangover......

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Funny, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I guess they can spin it as a concussion. LOL Or was he maybe sober today?

Being reported that Manziel showed up to the training facility showing concussion symptoms today. Should be interesting to see what they do if he can't play. Do they start Prior or maybe Tom Tupa is available to come in for the week.
Knowing the browns. They start Pryor he throws for 3 tds and runs for another the browns win. The fans proclaim they found their guy as does the front office. They go into next season with Pryor as the starter only for the fans to call for his benching week 6 the coaches finally bench him week 10 and a 37 year old journeyman plays out the rest of the season. Repeat the following season

Have a feeling that the Titans hire Chip Kelly. Would be interested to see what he does having Mariota as his QB again, but would hate to see him have any personnel control

Have a feeling that the Titans hire Chip Kelly. Would be interested to see what he does having Mariota as his QB again, but would hate to see him have any personnel control
Can he really screw that roster up anymore though?

Knowing the browns. They start Pryor he throws for 3 tds and runs for another the browns win. The fans proclaim they found their guy as does the front office. They go into next season with Pryor as the starter only for the fans to call for his benching week 6 the coaches finally bench him week 10 and a 37 year old journeyman plays out the rest of the season. Repeat the following season

Why does that scenario sound familiar? Oh it's because we've done that before.

Can he really screw that roster up anymore though?

Can't be any worse than Whiz and Munchak. And that is why I would be ok with him being the HC. I fear he would get rid of the decent players, the few that we have on the roster.

Can't be any worse than Whiz and Munchak. And that is why I would be ok with him being the HC. I fear he would get rid of the decent players, the few that we have on the roster.
It is always interesting to me how people perceive players as good or bad in the NFL. So many great players don't do anything because of the situation they get into. Mismatch in scheme, don't mesh well with the other guys in the locker room etc. , hate the coach so don't play their heart out and a bunch of other reasons often overlooked.

You can't just toss a bunch of talent together and expect it to work without having the other things in place as well.

They popped in my head too but, for some reason, I think Chip is the splash the Dolphins try to make.

Cardale Jones declares.

a year too late

Yup. He better dazzle at combine and pro days to even get a sniff on day 1.
Nobody has ever accused him of making wise decisions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back