What do you take in consideration when signing up?

What do you take in consideration when signing up?

• Cost

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Date

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Who else is sign up

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Course

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters
Cost. Dates are usually not a problem for me. Venue doesn't matter to me as THP venues are all nicer than what I would normally play so they all make me giddy. :)

Other. Given my current family dynamics, traveling too far for golf isn't an option for me right now. So basically if it's in Texas or maybe Louisiana or Southern Oklahoma I could probably swing it. Otherwise it would probably have to be the Grandaddy to get the wife's approval.

Money is a factor. I don't mind paying for a great experience, but I can't afford flying. So location is key, needs to be a reasonable drive from NJ

Location for me, I like to play new course in different areas.

Number of connecting flights / total duration of travel time and date.

Location is first and foremost for me. I like going to new places and seeing new things. Then date, and total cost (including travel).

It's always gonna be date first, has to mesh with the calendar! Then it's more location, which leads to cost, but where it happens to be.

Date then cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sign up for them all, then sort it out. Limiting/counting on one/two specific events with the popularity the signups all have has never worked out well for me.

Is it being put on by THP? Yes!

Then it's going to kick ass, and if I can swing it with work, I'm going to put in for it.

If I can make the dates work. That is about it.

If I can get an early date or idea I can work around it. Also need to make the fields bigger and let more people in . I would rather just play than get free equipment and such

Just the date.

The price doesn't matter because for what you get at a THP event, it's well worth the price of admission.

I put other ... if anything its the type of event. I don't feel like I am good enough to be on a competitive team.

I am good with cost, dates, and location.

If I can get an early date or idea I can work around it. Also need to make the fields bigger and let more people in . I would rather just play than get free equipment and such

I've been to three events. 1 was a large field, like 50+ and the other two were much smaller. I loved all three more than I can describe but the smaller groups were more enjoyable.

At the 50+ no one knew me and I didn't know a soul. The whole weekend is fuzzy and not because of alcohol. I'm the boring THPer that doesn't drink. I had to meet so many people that I forgot most.

Now the two smaller events, I made lifetime friends that I text almost daily.

I'll take the 15-20 over 50 even though both are beyond fun

You dont need a THP Event to just play golf.
That can be done anytime anywhere.

A THP Event is taking the impossible and making it possible.

I believe location is big for me, which is why I am amped for the Regional Tournament coming up.

Date. I have to submit my vacation request by the end of December for the following year.

I sign up for everything and let the selection process tell me where I am going.
You're lucky, I have to wait for retirement for that type of flexibility. In another few years though I'll be the West Coast version of v.man, just not as good looking.:act-up:

Cost for me. Not just event cost but travel and extra expenses as well.
Good point on the travel Phlly. I'm glad we pay for things over time, the deposit up front, maybe the travel a few weeks later and the final entry fee a month out then the hotel at the time of event (if not an all inclusive) it seems like less of bite then. But when you add them all up the all in cost, it can be scary. Still the best money I spend on golf and travel each year.

Good point on the travel Phlly. I'm glad we pay for things over time, the deposit up front, maybe the travel a few weeks later and the final entry fee a month out then the hotel at the time of event (if not an all inclusive) it seems like less of bite then. But when you add them all up the all in cost, it can be scary. Still the best money I spend on golf and travel each year.

For sure. If I had to pay for Love is in the Air all at once I don't think I could have. That was a pricey trip. But worth every penny

I wish I could simplify it down to one thing, but it's an all of the above for me. Usually I am pretty flexible on dates, but cost and location go hand in hand. I've been fortunate to get to do a lot in the past, but add in the cost of flying and I'm pretty much out of luck.

I would say all of the above, but the priority to start the consideration is the date.

The biggest thing for me is cost. As all of the events the date is released well in advance so the date I could make work pretty much on any of them, just depends whether I have the extra $$$ to play with. The date is more so a second thought for me. As far as the other people that sign up part, that part doesn't phase me as I have never met a THPer that hasn't been just a flat out great person, not only as a person but also as a playing partner. The courses are always top notch and I have not gotten many chances to play nicer courses so I will always try to when I can. I will add I have not made it into any official THP events, Have been trying just haven't been chosen yet.

Honestly for me, the first thing I look at when planning what events I might want to tackle are the location and the company/equipment involved. Find out if it's even practical for me to go, and whether the things involved interest me.

Then it's mostly down to date. Cost isn't exorbitant for most THP Events - the main cost for me is travel, so like I said, I think about location first.

Back