What THP Events have you played in?

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
I was beyond lucky to win the Golden Ticket #1 this morning and while I have followed many of the events on their thread, I'd love to hear what event you played in and one or two things that you enjoyed the most.

I think I have it narrowed down to a few options, but as I go back and read through different events, it is making the decision harder.

Thanks everyone!

too many to list, all are fun and the competition, location and the people make them even more special

my favorites to date have been the Morgan Cup and the Bridgestone Championships

I have played in The Grandaddy, Bridgestone Championship and an Invitational last year. I'm obviously partial to #TheGrandaddy, but All have been a lot of fun, met a bunch of great people and played golf. Honestly you can't go wrong with any. Pick one that the dates and/or travel work for you!

Ok heres my list:

Indianapolis Invitational - 2014
Wilson Staff #PersonalDistance - 2014
Kentucky Invitational - 2015
Pittsburgh Invitational - 2015
Cure Putters - 2015
Love is in the Air - 2015
The Gauntlet - 2015
The Grandaddy - 2015

Obviously the Grandaddy is the crown jewel of them all! But taking that out of the equation, The Gauntlet was as close to the Grandaddy as ive ever seen/witnessed. The ZooCrew (Callaway marketing team) is seriously worth the price of admission in itself. So Gauntlet or The Cup would be my first choice, but Wilson Staff seems to be bringing it for 2016 and Chicago is always a fun trip! Good luck with your choice and congrats again!

I have yet to play in a THP that didn't impress. We always have fun and we always come back for more. Each year the events get better and better. 2016 should be top of the heap. If I were you I'd grab a spot in the Gauntlet or TheCup. Just saying, when callaway gets involved.

First congrats again...and cool topic.

I have played in
2014-Bridgestone Championship at PGA National
2015-Pittsburgh Invitational
2015-Kansas City Invitational

The thing that sticks out the most and I'm sure this will be the common theme is the people. At PGA National I met for the first time many of the people I had "interacted" with online for over a year. Every single one of them turned out to be first class guys and ladies. It truly was a great experience at a world class resort with a great format and just the best people you could ask to be around.

The two events this year lived up to the same thing. The cool thing though is with each event, you are meeting less and less "new" people and seeing more and more friends from all over the country. The two venues this year were first class as well.

The food is another thing that has to be mentioned. JB, MD and GolfGal go out of their way to make the food choices spectacular. Just go read some of the comments in KC about the BBQ and Burnt Ends :D

Good Luck in your decision making process, one thing I can tell from the 2016 lineup...You can't make a bad choice.

2014 Morgan Cup.

Would love to get into a couple more, but if I've only got one in me, it was a hell of a ride!

all of mine were in 2015 as I only joined last December but...

Bridgestone invitationals - Pittsburgh and Kentucky
Love is in the Air
Cure Event
The Gauntlet

For me, #TheGauntlet was the best just for overall competition and enjoyment of hanging out with the Callaway #zoocrew. The company and courses were awesome.

I have done
Hilton Head invitational
Indy invitiational
Pittsburgh invitational
Bridgestone championship
#THPLegacy

All have been great the Legacy though will always have a special place with me. My teammates/captain were amazing the companies sponsoring the event went all out and the courses True Blue and Caladonia are top notch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What THP Events have you played in?

2015 #staffproto.
Being on the inside of what goes on at Wilson and hanging with fellow THPers were the highlights for me. Normally this stuff is not available to us regular people. That's what makes it so special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kentucky Invitational and Pittsburgh Invitational

I met some great people and made some friends. Neither event disappointed and I don't think you will regret whatever event you decide on. THP events are like no other....

B stone Championship Vegas
Adams own the second shot
Lake Charles Inv
#TheKing
Indy Inv
B Stone Champ PGA National (Bear Trap)

It is really hard to pick a favorite out of all of those.
If I had your Golden Ticket this year, for me (Wilson and Vegas are out for me because they are during football season otherwise they would be in the mix)
It would be #TheCup and the #TheGaunlet.
I am a huge fan of Cally and the #zoocrew so you could not go wrong with either

First congrats on the win, second, I'd suggest waiting to hear the amazing details coming out of the events that still haven't been finalized, I bet you'll be surprised on some of the awesomeness still left to be announced.

THP Tour Van Stop- Des Moines IA
Callaway Event in Dallas
UST Event in Dallas
Adams Event in Dallas
Bridgestone Invitational- West Palm Beach at PGA National
Bridgestone Invitiational- Kansas City
Grandaddy 1
Grandaddy 3

I think I am forgetting at least one, but it is really hard to remember, so many good times, and you honestly cannot go wrong with any of them!

I have played in several THP events going back to one of the very first "THP Tour Van Stops" back with the Tour Van was quite a bit bigger than it is now...LOL

A Tour Van Stop in Austin
2012 Morgan Cup in Pawley's Island(The first year it was there)
THP Event in IOWA......yes IOWA
THP Invitational by Callaway in Dallas
2013 Morgan Cup in Pawley's Island
THP Bridgestone Championships in Las Vegas
THP Bridgestone Invitational in Lake Charles, Louisiana

I have never been to an event that I didn't have an amazing time...but I will have to say the Morgan Cup is very special to me and I love the Courses at True Blue and Caledonia...the staff is amazing...it just holds a special place in my mind.

I've been to:

AC Invitational

NE Invitational

TM SpeedBlade testing

OC Invitational

Bridgestone Championship

Bridgestone U

Pittsburgh Invitational

By and large the thing I enjoyed the most about the events was having a good time. Some were more fun than others but most of the people you'll meet are terrific and it's easy to make friends.

Wow, not necessarily amazed by the folks who have been to multiple events, but the ones that have done 4,5,6 events. Great stuff!

I played in the 2014 Morgan Cup, and last year's Savannah Invitational. Loved them both, for different reasons. The Morgan Cup is a lot more about equipment and competition, but I think to a man everyone would say they had some of the best times there. But definitely a more intense atmosphere than the invitational. The invitational still had competition, but was a lot more laid back.

One "style" of event I haven't done yet that I really want to is one of the learning experiences with the manufacturers. As others have said, you really can't go wrong.

Way too many to list here also.....likely 15 or so over the past 3-4 years.

Favorites have been the #Grandaddy, Morgan Cup (x3), and Bridgestone championships. I love competition so those events stand out to me as compared to the OEM centric events (Adams in Dallas, SeeMore in TN, etc).

Just 2 official events for me:

AC Invitational
OC Invitational

Many unofficial gatherings and rounds...I wish it was in the cards for me attend more but with twins at home just is not that feasible. Soon though

Wow, not necessarily amazed by the folks who have been to multiple events, but the ones that have done 4,5,6 events. Great stuff!

It is truly amazing how many people can get into if they signup for a lot of them. People assume the fix is in, or anything else, but the truth is, many times it comes down to nothing more than the law of averages.

THP Tour Van Stop- Des Moines IA
Callaway Event in Dallas
UST Event in Dallas
Adams Event in Dallas
Bridgestone Invitational- West Palm Beach at PGA National
Bridgestone Invitiational- Kansas City
Grandaddy 1
Grandaddy 3

I think I am forgetting at least one, but it is really hard to remember, so many good times, and you honestly cannot go wrong with any of them!

Branson...

I've been to quite a few and don't think you could go wrong with any of them actually. The Morgan Cup '14 and the Bridgestone Championships were tops on my list. Oh...the last Ultimate Club testing years ago was a blast. The tour Van stops of old were amazing (I-O-W-A)..Adams, Invitationals...the list goes on. Good luck picking one as they all are great!

Last edited:
My first and only THP event was the Cleveland Golf Up and Down event this year and I had a blast! You cannot make a bad choice with any event you choose. Of course some may have more benefits (meaning swag or gear) but I'll tell you this... the friends you make will likely mean more than the gear. Playing golf with guys that love the game as much as you just makes it memorable. Congrats on the Golden Ticket and have fun with it!

Back