DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Eric - 3.95 is killing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job bro!
My step son just got home from U Md for winter break - I have plenty of things for him to do to keep him busy!

How you should have written it. :alien:

Congrats and well done. On to the CISSP!

Well done Eric, that is awesome!

Thanks guys. Working full time and trying to go to school was a challenge. Like John said now off to study for certs and let the wife start her college.

Awesome, I need to experience that man cave in person

Hopefully that will be when the CAPS are in the playoffs and pushing for their first Stanley Cup!

Great job bro!
My step son just got home from U Md for winter break - I have plenty of things for him to do to keep him busy!

My 2 son's got home from college the other day as well. Both with a full load of laundry and one of them HAS a laundry machine in his apartment!? What the hell? And they both lay them on the floor by the laundry room and I say "uhhh ... THIS is NOT college ... pick this SHiZNit UP!" And one of them couldn't keep his room clean for more than 5 minutes. Good thing they didn't learn any of these bad habits from me. Gotta be the other half's side of the family!

Thanks guys. Working full time and trying to go to school was a challenge. Like John said now off to study for certs and let the wife start her college.
Hey Buddy, Congrats. I meant to say that the other day when you first posted it, but got distracted...ha Well done. I know how much hard work and many hours you have put in. Gotta be a satisfying feeling.

Hopefully that will be when the CAPS are in the playoffs and pushing for their first Stanley Cup!
You known how I feel about that talk

Excellent!
School is done. A's in both classes this final semester with final overall gpa 3.95. Only B came in my English class.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You known how I feel about that talk
Optimistic buddy! With Oshie added to the mix & Holtby playing lights out every night, I have more faith that this could be their year finally!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The wife and I are trying to make preparations to move back to VA sometime in 2016. We are trying to shoot for summer because my middle son graduates this year and I will not move him with a couple months left in his senior year. It wouldn't be even close to fair for him. I may be running a split household for a couple months if I get a good job offer and school is not over though.

Looking forward to being back in the area after being gone for 23 years.

Optimistic buddy! With Oshie added to the mix & Holtby playing lights out every night, I have more faith that this could be their year finally!

I am optimistic but I am also realistic about how hard it is to win... Way too early for me

The wife and I are trying to make preparations to move back to VA sometime in 2016. We are trying to shoot for summer because my middle son graduates this year and I will not move him with a couple months left in his senior year. It wouldn't be even close to fair for him. I may be running a split household for a couple months if I get a good job offer and school is not over though.

Nice man. We will definitely have to get some more outings going

Thats great Bullitt. It'll be nice to add another solid THPer to the DMV, even if it will be the wrong side of the river. Ha

look ok forward to getting some rounds in with you.

The big issue for me is the cost of golfing up there. I'm a member at 3 courses here for $1550 a year. Of course that just covers greens fees for the year, but I'm a walker so that's all I need. I don't need any of the other perks.

Lake of the Woods is close to the new house but I'm not sure about non-resident rates and I'm not a big fan of the closest course to the house, Meadows Farms, so I'm on the lookout for a good deal on a membership.

The big issue for me is the cost of golfing up there. I'm a member at 3 courses here for $1550 a year. Of course that just covers greens fees for the year, but I'm a walker so that's all I need. I don't need any of the other perks.

Lake of the Woods is close to the new house but I'm not sure about non-resident rates and I'm not a big fan of the closest course to the house, Meadows Farms, so I'm on the lookout for a good deal on a membership.
yeah it can be crazy expensive at some places. But I'm sure there are deals to be had if you look around.

I I know our place has an annual membership for about that amount, plus $9 cart fee. But again wrong side of the river. Ha

Awww. .. What's wrong with Meadows? They do have some gimmicky holes but it's normally in great condition.

How's The Gauntlet in Fredericksburg? They have reasonable membership rates and it's only 15 miles from the house.

How's The Gauntlet in Fredericksburg? They have reasonable membership rates and it's only 15 miles from the house.
Honestly I haven't played it in 10 years. At that time it had serious conditioning issues. But can't say how it is now.

Awww. .. What's wrong with Meadows? They do have some gimmicky holes but it's normally in great condition.

I had an altercation with a course marshall there a few years back, which soured the entire course for me. He kept coming up to my group and telling us to speed up even though we were right behind a group of members and were waiting 10 minutes before every shot. I kept telling him to tell his boys in front of us to speed it up and then I could because it was obvious we were not the ones holding up the course. The 8th time he said something, I had enough and tee'd the ball up and flew it over the members who were playing in front of us, told the marshall to "F Off", left and have never went back.

That and the sun-baked 50 year old cart "girl" in a leopard skin mini skirt and high heels was just too much for me to handle.

I'm sure it has changed considerably in the 10 years since that happened, but I was so mad when I left, I swore never to go back. My sister even worked in the snack bar there and I could play for free whenever I wanted to and I still never went back. You know I was pissed to turn down free golf.

Have you looked at Augustine? It's a little farther away than Gauntlet and is party of the Raspberry management group. All the courses I played under their management were in quite good shape.

Have you looked at Augustine? It's a little farther away than Gauntlet and is party of the Raspberry management group. All the courses I played under their management were in quite good shape.

Yeah, Augustine is $4150 a year for a membership. That may be a bit much, since I'll likely be taking a pay cut when I move up there. I'll likely be working on Quantico, so it was one of the places that I priced since it's not far from where I'd be working.

Yeah, Augustine is $4150 a year for a membership. That may be a bit much, since I'll likely be taking a pay cut when I move up there. I'll likely be working on Quantico, so it was one of the places that I priced since it's not far from where I'd be working.
If you're near Quantico. Check out Forest Greens. A pretty decent course thst should be reasonable.

So who is done all their xmas shopping and is ready for some golf? Gonna be 65 tomorrow! I think JohnsInVa & I were going to get out again. Possibly for one last round at the Goose before the last official day of December 31st. I have a new shaft to test out in my driver so I have the itch.
Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller :)

So who is done all their xmas shopping and is ready for some golf? Gonna be 65 tomorrow! I think JohnsInVa & I were going to get out again. Possibly for one last round at the Goose before the last official day of December 31st. I have a new shaft to test out in my driver so I have the itch.
Shopping is done. Working tomorrow, but if Thursday holds true at 74 and the rain holds off, I'll probably get in 9 holes here if not much is going on.

Hopefully Thursday for this guy... Fingers crossed!

If nothing else I want to hit the indoor bays to get some swings in and do a little putting practice

You got galoshes to put over your golf shoes? Everything I'm seeing shows rain all day.

Off starting Thur at 5pm until wed for work and Mother Nature doesn't look like she will cooperate with my desire to golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back