What do you take in consideration when signing up?

What do you take in consideration when signing up?

• Cost

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Date

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Who else is sign up

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Course

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters
You dont need a THP Event to just play golf.
That can be done anytime anywhere.

A THP Event is taking the impossible and making it possible.

I had several THP gatherings in 2015, though I didn't get to play in any events. THP gatherings are awesome and a ton of fun, but THP events are just that, they are an EVENT, something the everyday golfer would never be able to pull off.

Whether or not fupresti is in. If he's in, then I'm out :alien:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost and location.

I answered cost but the more I think about it I don't think that's the correct answer for me. Costs for events are relatively similar or close within a couple hundred dollars. It's the cost of travel/extras that I look at. Travel isn't cheap out of Cleveland

The date first closely followed by the cost.

Cost for sure. I have a pretty lenient work schedule, so date isn't uber important.. But I factor in all cost related things along with event entry, flight and stuff like that.

I have never had the chance to play a THP event but mine would be cost only because flights would be involved. I can take holidays when ever as long as i give a weeks notice to my boss.

We have jobs in the US..move here!

I've been to three events. 1 was a large field, like 50+ and the other two were much smaller. I loved all three more than I can describe but the smaller groups were more enjoyable.

At the 50+ no one knew me and I didn't know a soul. The whole weekend is fuzzy and not because of alcohol. I'm the boring THPer that doesn't drink. I had to meet so many people that I forgot most.

Now the two smaller events, I made lifetime friends that I text almost daily.

I'll take the 15-20 over 50 even though both are beyond fun

I agree with this. I was in Pittsburgh this year and then I compared the Pittsburgh list with the Gauntlet and I realized that I either didn't meet a few people or was just too overwhelmed that I forgot them (Pittsburgh was my first THP event too). I really enjoyed the Gauntlet for a number of reasons, including the smaller amount of attendees and I feel like I had a good chance to interact with all of them, except that I didn't play with or really hang out with myndcraft and I feel bad about that!

The travel costs are my biggest hurdle. The airlines real put the screws to us out of Spokane.

Back