Three iron sets and trying to narrow it , CBX, 565 and the JPX 900 hot metal.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
CBX and the 565 seem close in a lot of areas, 565 getting nod on looks in my book, and maybe feel from some reviews.

Hot Metal, again good looking GI iron, feel seems decent, and distance seems on par.

I am more of a digger vs sweeper.

Driver swing is about 95-100, but working on getting it back to the 105-110 range.

Playing Callaway XR Pros, and they are still working well for most part. The KBS Tour V 90 shafts give me a nice mid-high flight while keeping spin in check. 7 iron is about my 155-160 club, with Srixon Z Star i usually stop it within a few feet, same with 6 iron (175 club).

I can get great deals on Hot Metal and 565 used right now, both come with Nippon stock shafts which i have had luck with in my EPONS years ago.

I play about 6-8 rounds a year, and until my oldest is of golfing age will remain so for 2-3 more years. I was a 9-10 handicap, more like upper Teens now.

Just looking for any feedback on any of these irons, also i had 545s in the past, but had the wrong shaft in them (KBS Tour stiff)

565s are great irons. v sole (or whatever they call it) is awesome for a digger.

i hit one of the hotmetal versions a couple years ago and did not care for it at all.

no experience with cbx.

The CBX are an awesome iron, and don't get anywhere near the respect they deserve. In the last couple years, I've had the 565's, 765's and the CBX. None of them have had the stock shafts in them though, so my comparison of them might be different than others. The CBX and 565 are very similar in distance and feel. But if the pricing between the two were close to the same, it's hard to beat that forged feel of the z565. I haven't used the JPX irons other than hitting them at the store.

565s are great irons. v sole (or whatever they call it) is awesome for a digger.

i hit one of the hotmetal versions a couple years ago and did not care for it at all.

no experience with cbx.

The CBX are an awesome iron, and don't get anywhere near the respect they deserve. In the last couple years, I've had the 565's, 765's and the CBX. None of them have had the stock shafts in them though, so my comparison of them might be different than others. The CBX and 565 are very similar in distance and feel. But if the pricing between the two were close to the same, it's hard to beat that forged feel of the z565. I haven't used the JPX irons other than hitting them at the store.

thank you, this is the kind of feedback i hope to find here.

If there is anything about the hot metals that i have heard from a few is they may not be digger friendly.

thank you, this is the kind of feedback i hope to find here.

If there is anything about the hot metals that i have heard from a few is they may not be digger friendly.

I used to leave massive divots. Irons I've owned in the past include the Callaway X22 Tours, Callaway XR Pros, along with a few of the older Mizuno offerings. With the Srixon and Cleveland irons, my divots are about half the size, if that. And shots that would normally go nowhere due to hitting it fat still get some decent distance, to a point of course.

I used to leave massive divots. Irons I've owned in the past include the Callaway X22 Tours, Callaway XR Pros, along with a few of the older Mizuno offerings. With the Srixon and Cleveland irons, my divots are about half the size, if that. And shots that would normally go nowhere due to hitting it fat still get some decent distance, to a point of course.

that v sole would be a nice helping hand for me, as my miss is is a bit steep and fat. While at some point i will have to have any used set i am looking at extended about 1/2 a inch, that is not a concern as i would want to re-grip them sooner than later.

Thinking of giving the CBX wedges a try either way and think they could pair well with the 565

Back