Talking Stick Flooded

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone following their social media platforms? Apparently the course is under water :at-wits-end: torrential rains have made several holes completely inaccessible. Pretty crazy to see that beautiful course under several feet of water.

Anyone following their social media platforms? Apparently the course is under water :at-wits-end: torrential rains have made several holes completely inaccessible. Pretty crazy to see that beautiful course under several feet of water.
I read something about it this weekend. The resort had to be evacuated, etc. I really hope they can get the course back in shape for the THP Championship next month!!

I seen that and instantly though of our group!

Wild! They can share that rain with us........

Should be nice and green for us next month! Nothing that the Bubba Watson hovercraft golf cart couldn’t handle!

If it drains quickly then those will be the really green areas. If not then those will be the dead grass hardpan areas. We shall see. I also imagine that it is designed to funnel water away from the playing areas into drainages.

Any locals have any info on how it is doing?

wow thats crazy

38926563_10155695518537546_9185421705827319808_o.jpg

That should get all the snakes to high ground.

Just spoke to golf course and they say it’s going to take a couple of weeks but they expect it to be perfect by THP Event time.

Woah, crazy!

Hate to see them having these issues but I am sure they have a game plan to get it worked out.

I seen that and instantly though of our group!

Wild! They can share that rain with us........

You can have some of ours.

Not to hijack the Talking Stick thread, but I didn't see anything for general course flooding. This was posted by the super at Upper Montclair CC (northern NJ Tillinghast course renovated by RTJ Sr. and former host of the LPGA Sybase)

Just spoke to golf course and they say it’s going to take a couple of weeks but they expect it to be perfect by THP Event time.

This is fantastic news! Really looking forward to seeing this course in person!

Maybe a few unexpected water hazards appearing for THP Championship! I’m sure they’ll have the course in great shape in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I can't even imagine what they would do to get that back in shape. Is it like some of our courses around here? Where it's built on land which serves as flood relief for the surrounding communities?

Whiskey

Maybe a few unexpected water hazards appearing for THP Championship! I’m sure they’ll have the course in great shape in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll be... cough, cough... casual water, thank you.

Back