You plan the Event

What would you want included?
How many rounds of golf? 3
Equipment included? Possible equipment tie in for sure as this would be a more expensive event
Food included? 1 Dinner, buffet style and not too fancy
Lodging included? Yes, villa style accommodations with multiple people per unit
If so, Onsite or Offsite? Onsite
Company people there to play with and speak to? If possible, yes.

Where would you host the event
And how much would the cost be? Brainerd Lakes area a "short" drive north Minneapolis. Cost to get this done would likely need to be $499 per person.

What would you want included? All of it, lodging, golf, equipment, swag, etc. Pay one fee and don't have to worry about most of it, besides the ancillary costs
How many rounds of golf? 3, 2 competitive, 1 practice
Equipment included? Absolutely
Food included? Only a couple dinners, breakfast/lunch you would be on your own
Lodging included? Yes
If so, Onsite or Offsite? Wouldn't have to be onsite, but at least close enough it might be a few minute drive to the course.
Company people there to play with and speak to? At least someone from the company, wouldn't have to be a lot, but at least a connection to the company and gaining some insider information/access

Where would you host the event? I'd say a fairly well known course, would depend on the OEM I'm sure in terms of location
And how much would the cost be? $400 - $600

What would you want included? - match play team event. 2 v 2 day 1, 1v1 day 2. Range time with OEM with some sort of equipment testing at the range before rounds.
How many rounds of golf? - 2. One Saturday, one sunday.
Equipment included? - yes, as much as the OEM wants to provide, but at least some sort of prize to the winning team. This is the part where I have the least amount of knowledge as to how this works for the events. Winning team gets choice of certain equipment that the OEM is big on that year?
Food included? - Yes, Saturday night. Casual place. Get together Friday night would be paid by participants for who can show up and if they want it. Sunday nothing scheduled as the event would end after the round.
Lodging included? - No lodging included
If so, Onsite or Offsite? - N/A
Company people there to play with and speak to? - Yes they are there to speak to at the range and a few to be included on the teams.

Where would you host the event - Carolina's. Not sure on course, but tons of options and easy enough for a huge portion of the country to get to.
And how much would the cost be? - this is where I have no idea. Somewhere around $299-$399 I guess

I'm surprised nobody has done hilton head island yet...I'll have to tackle that and be as thorough as possible tonight when I get home... hey Mike... what's the average cost to get an OEM to come out to an event? want to be as accurate as possible

what's the average cost to get an OEM to come out to an event? want to be as accurate as possible

Depends on the event and what is involved. Sometimes its the cost of airfare, hotel, etc. Other times it is just the cost of the meals enjoyed with the group, the golf, etc.

Yep. And part of me says why even plan anything at all? If someone wants to go eat McDonalds all weekend more power to them. Im no one to tell anyone how or where to spend their money. But then again breaking bread with guys in the event is part of what makes the event great. Its a tough call to make, but thats why i gave my answer above. Give everyone the opportunity to dine together, leave the cost up to themselves and hopefully everyone shows up

That's why I said no to meals. People can still organize trips to local restaurants or order in pizza, etc. And IF that helps keep event costs down then all the better IMO as I don't go to THP events for the food and if I had my choice there is no way in hell I would pay $50-$100 for me to eat a meal somewhere.

As a participant of ONE event I'll take my shot.

SWAG. OEM balls, gloves, hats and anything the OEM feels like adding such as bags (duffel, backpacks, shoe, etc), clothing and apparel.

How many rounds of golf?
2 rounds. Saturday morning after breakfast would be OEM equipment testing, new products, flightscope, fitting (if some equipment was involved) and perhaps a quick group lesson by one of the OEM guys. Saturday afternoon and Sunday mid morning rounds.

Equipment included?
Not the whole bag. Perhaps one set of items such as a putter, driver or wedges. Enough for the OEM to showcase a new product without having to fit the entire bag.

Food included?
Saturday I would include all the meals. A light continental breakfast and lunch at the course, dinner on a group table somewhere but nothing too extravagant. (Chicago deep dish comes to mind).

Lodging included?
Not necessary. Try to get a discount available for the guys however most guys either get discounts on their own or manage to find some roommates for the event.

If so, Onsite or Offsite?
Offsite

Company people there to play with and speak to?
Yup. 4 teams. One Captain from the OEM. 3 THPers per team. Saturday morning info session on the range with the OEM people.

Where would you host the event
Wherever the OEM is based.

And how much would the cost be?
$349

What would you want included?THP limited edition event items (polo, towel, headcovers or something along those lines)
How many rounds of golf?3 rounds, Saturday AM, Saturday PM with the OEMs, Sunday AM
Equipment included? If the OEM that is coming is a major equipment manufacture (callaway, wilson, TM, etc) yes, to test, but everybody would have the ability to have something to win (from a full bag setup, to a driver, to irons, putter, dozen balls and headcovers etc)
Food included? Food will not be included except for team dinner Friday night (to keep the costs reasonable, obviously people will eat together but not forced) and each room has a kitchen
Lodging included? yes, at the Westin Hilton head island for $120/night (2 king beds, couch and a cot in each room, 4/room)
If so, Onsite or Offsite? yes, Barony, Planters Row, and Robbers Row available at the hotel

Where would you host the event? The Westin Hilton head island
how much would the cost be? I'm hoping THP would be able to get discounts/deals/throw in their Swag/prizes based on what I could find out, but in order to pay for the OEM's flights,food, equipment baggage fees (clubs, bags, etc).. I would venture close to $599/person.... with a contest for one person to be able to go free of charge except for Travel to/from Hilton Head island

What would you want included? 2 1/2 days (Friday night thru Sunday afternoon), OEM sponsored with SWAG from the most recent line (caps, shirts, gloves, etc), but no equipment given away just by attending, opportunity to win equipment with accomplishments on and off the course. 16 participants.

How many rounds of golf?
2 rounds of golf

Equipment included? Yes, but it would vary and would have to be earned (everyone participant would have a chance to win something though)

Food included? A meal after the 1st round would be provided, but there would be snacks and drinks available through out the course during the 2 rounds. The other meals would not be included in the cost of the event, but I would encourage group related meals.

Lodging included? Yes, lodging for Friday and Saturday night

If so, Onsite or Offsite? Onsite,

Company people there to play with and speak to? Yes, at least 2 reps.

And how much would the cost be? I would try to keep it between $300.00 and $400.00.

What would you want included?THP limited edition event items (polo, towel, headcovers or something along those lines)
How many rounds of golf?3 rounds, Saturday AM, Saturday PM with the OEMs, Sunday AM
Equipment included? If the OEM that is coming is a major equipment manufacture (callaway, wilson, TM, etc) yes
Food included? Food will not be included except for team dinner Friday night (to keep the costs reasonable, obviously people will eat together but not forced) and each room has a kitchen
Lodging included? yes, at the Westin Hilton head island for $120/night (2 king beds, 4/room)
If so, Onsite or Offsite? yes, Barony, Planters Row, and Robbers Row available at the hotel

Where would you host the event? The Westin Hilton head island
how much would the cost be? I'm hoping THP would be able to get discounts/deals/throw in their Swag/prizes based on what I could find out, but in order to pay for the OEM's flights,food, equipment baggage fees (clubs, bags, etc).. I would venture close to $599/person.... with a contest for one person to be able to go free of charge except for Travel to/from Hilton Head island

Are you recommending guys share a bed?

Yep. And part of me says why even plan anything at all? If someone wants to go eat McDonalds all weekend more power to them. Im no one to tell anyone how or where to spend their money. But then again breaking bread with guys in the event is part of what makes the event great. Its a tough call to make, but thats why i gave my answer above. Give everyone the opportunity to dine together, leave the cost up to themselves and hopefully everyone shows up

I think that's the balance you need to decide on though. The best thing about gatherings is that everyone gets together.

To me, it doesn't need to be fancy, and I really don't think it needs to be built into all the events, but I do think there needs to be a structured gathering each night to bring the group together. If that means dinner, so be it.

I updated it, forgot to add that at the westin, along with 2 beds, there is a pull out couch and a cot available in each room, going with 2 doubles and 2 per room would increase the cost fairly substantially, to around $699/person from my research
Are you recommending guys share a bed?

I think that's the balance you need to decide on though. The best thing about gatherings is that everyone gets together.

To me, it doesn't need to be fancy, and I really don't think it needs to be built into all the events, but I do think there needs to be a structured gathering each night to bring the group together. If that means dinner, so be it.
And i would agree. Thats why i suggested what i did. Maybe im just Mountain Dew deprived and not thinking straight haha but i think we agree on this, no?

Absolutely agree with this. Could just say dinner is at 7, this is where its at, your on your own.

I updated it, forgot to add that at the westin, along with 2 beds, there is a pull out couch and a cot available in each room, going with 2 doubles and 2 per room would increase the cost fairly substantially, to around $699/person from my research

Then it may not be feasible at that location. I think you'd be hard pressed to get 4 dudes in a room like that.

What would you want included? Welcome SWAG is always nice.
How many rounds of golf? Two or more. Definitely not one.
Equipment included? A little something something for the winners is nice, but generally this is not necessary at all.
Food included? A meal together is always nice. I like having an organized meeting location for the group to gather. I realize this impacts cost. I could go either way on the food being included in the price, but want the structure which fosters social interraction.
Lodging included? Definitely. Events are more fun when everyone is together off the course.If so, Onsite or Offsite? Depends on the location - whatever fosters more social interraction.
Company people there to play with and speak to? Yes.
Where would you host the event? Everyone is going to say their own home town. I'll go with a location west of the Mississippi with good weather and a major airport. There are tons to choose from.
And how much would the cost be? $249 (I have no idea what things cost. This is a pie in the sky WAG. I don't recall ever being unhappy with the price of a THP event).

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd just want something near me that I could both afford and figure out how to get into.

Then it may not be feasible at that location. I think you'd be hard pressed to get 4 dudes in a room like that.

Yeah, that was just quick research doing standard pricing per room without golf packages, group rates, etc... With 8 rooms and 3 rounds of golf calling and booking directly could indeed make it feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And i would agree. Thats why i suggested what i did. Maybe im just Mountain Dew deprived and not thinking straight haha but i think we agree on this, no?

We do.

Absolutely agree with this. Could just say dinner is at 7, this is where its at, your on your own.

The Pittsburgh invitational Friday night was great when i think about how it could work. Set up a dinner at a reasonably priced restaurant (or cheaper, frankly) and let the participants get what they want and pay what they want.

This isn't a knock on how the events are structured, as every experience I have had has been awesome... But if it comes down to finding ways to reduce the price of events, I'd always cut the food first. Food, then I guess lodgings, then golf.

This is a great thread. Here is what I would do.

What would you want included? Golf, lodging, and wedges..as well as any other type of swag...hats, shirts with the event name on them. We want the course to know we are HERE. :)

Break the team up into two teams with representative handicap's as well as 4 people from the OEM (2 per team) OEM's would be the captains as well as play with various partners throughout the weekend. They would provide shirts Saturday and Sunday. Different color for each team.

How many rounds of golf? 4 rounds. Friday - Sunday. Friday afternoon would meet with OEM to talk about their wedge products. Late afternoon would be a 1 club round (with one of the wedges) at a local par 3. Saturday morning- Alternative Shot. Saturday Afternoon- Greensomes. Sunday Morning - One man scramble. (Different types of competition versus 4-ball) Everything is straight up...with folks playing certain tees based on handicap. Team that wins gets to keep their new wedges.

Equipment included? wedges...only if you win
Food included? no
Lodging included? Yes, but would have the team double up.
If so, Onsite or Offsite? Onsite
Company people there to play with and speak to? Absolutely. At least 4, maybe more...if any one of their PGA staffers happened to show up I certainly would not be opposed.
Where would you host the event? Needs to be near a major airport.
And how much would the cost be? Under $600.

We do.

The Pittsburgh invitational Friday night was great when i think about how it could work. Set up a dinner at a reasonably priced restaurant (or cheaper, frankly) and let the participants get what they want and pay what they want.

This isn't a knock on how the events are structured, as every experience I have had has been awesome... But if it comes down to finding ways to reduce the price of events, I'd always cut the food first. Food, then I guess lodgings, then golf.

I agree with all of this dude. Food is the easiest one for me to cut. Give me something cheap and easy and I am happy. If there is something worth eating (local fare) I will make sure to get it, but doesn't need to be built into the event price if it makes it noticeably cheaper.

How many rounds of golf? 2 or 2 1/2 rounds over 2 days.
Equipment included? Yes. Prizes available to winners or some sort of contests for participants to win equipment.
Food included? No, eat what you want. But would like if there was reservations for everyone somewhere to get together and hang out.
Lodging included? Yes (2 guys to a room)
If so, Onsite or Offsite? Prefer onsite, but offsite is fine as long everyone is at the same place.
Company people there to play with and speak to? Sure, but only if they are playing golf with us... Unless we are going to HQ then, definitely.

Where would you host the event - I honestly have no idea
And how much would the cost be? $349-399

How many rounds of golf? Two or more. Definitely not one.
Equipment included? A little something something for the winners is nice, but generally this is not necessary.
Food included? Sure, a meal together is always nice.
Lodging included? If so, Onsite or Offsite? Definitely. Events are more fun when everyone is together off the course.
Company people there to play with and speak to? Yes.
Where would you host the event? Everyone is going to say their own home town. I'll go with a location west of the Mississippi with good weather and a major airport. There are tons to choose from.
And how much would the cost be? $249

I want to sign up for this one too.
That is outstanding value/dollar.

Back