Inexpensive swing weight scale

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
I am looking for a swing weight scale and found one at The Golf Works for $50. This is a manual scale but it is supposedly very accurate. Can somebody let me know if these inexpensive scales are accurate enough for my personal use? I would buy a used one if anybody has one collecting dust. PM please if you have one for sale.

Thanks

That's exactly what I use. Gets the job done.

same here, it's what I have and find it accurate.

I have been using that same GolfWorks model for 4 years. Serves my needs fine.

I am looking for a swing weight scale and found one at The Golf Works for $50. This is a manual scale but it is supposedly very accurate. Can somebody let me know if these inexpensive scales are accurate enough for my personal use? I would buy a used one if anybody has one collecting dust. PM please if you have one for sale.

Thanks

If you're handy and already have the stuff laying around you can build a scale for < $20. I built one following the instructions at the Tutelman Site and it was every bit as accurate as the scales at the shops. You don't have to use the aluminum bar stock like he did, plywood works just fine. And you can get the bearings out of one of those fidget spinner things for the pivot mechanism.

If you're handy and already have the stuff laying around you can build a scale for < $20. I built one following the instructions at the Tutelman Site and it was every bit as accurate as the scales at the shops. You don't have to use the aluminum bar stock like he did, plywood works just fine. And you can get the bearings out of one of those fidget spinner things for the pivot mechanism.

That is AWESOME!! I will have to check it out further.

Thanks

The $50 Golfworks SW scale is great.
To minimize variable factors (such as floor slope), I suggest always using it at the same precise location. For example, if you place it a foot from the edge of your kitchen table, then put it back in the same sport whenever you are swing weighting clubs.

Thanks

I see a $90 one but not a $50 one. Do you mind providing a link to the $50 one please?

I use the GW economy scale. Whenever I get a new club I slap it on there and most of the time it’s within like 1/2 a point of the clubs spec swing weight. Seems super accurate. Worth the money in my opinion.

Back