DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing well last few rounds. 81 today which was pretty decent considering I changed balls today. Played the 2016 Project (a), it has more pop and less spin around the greens and was throwing me off a bit.

I'm walking 36 holes Tuesday if anyone is interested. Brambleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might maybe be able to do half that. I'm too fat to walk 36, plus the bag starts getting heavy with as many balls as I tend to carry :D

Yeah, although 2 on the ground beats 4 in the air any day. ;)

Also.
934756fed23f52e9470c358c525ec223.jpg

:act-up:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Say what??? We must have passed in the parking lot. Lol.

let me know how it goes. See you in the AM.

I might maybe be able to do half that. I'm too fat to walk 36, plus the bag starts getting heavy with as many balls as I tend to carry :D
Walk ... walk ... Who's talking about walking? Walking?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Say what??? We must have passed in the parking lot. Lol.

let me know how it goes. See you in the AM.
I played the South 9. Driving game was atrocious, but I OWNED the second shot (7i onto the fairway :alien: ).

Have a garage full of Clicgears you can use. (Or buy)

Musket Ridge (about 20 to 30 minutes from HTown) is one of the best and the closest. Also Maryland National is good (about a mile from Musket Ridge) Worthington Manor and Whiskey Creek are also the other top tier courses out there, but about 20 more minutes east of the first two.

A bit off the beaten track but a very good course and very good value is Clustered Spires just north of Fredrick.

So .... played Clustered Spires for the first time yesterday. Didn't even know the course was there all these years. I have to say it's one of the nicest courses I have played in quite some time. The greens are immaculate and roll true and fast ... some country clubs should model their greens after these or ask the Superintendent what he is doing right. And if you are on the wrong side of the hole, you can forget it. As long as you leave yourself in the right place, it is very manageable. Everything is out in front of you with no surprises. From the back it plays to about 6900, while the whites are about 6200 I think. I was lucky enough to be paired with a guy that works in the Pro Shop and the Head Pro. The guy in the Pro Shop & his partner played the whites while the Pro & I played the Blacks. Fairways are in fabulous shape as well for this time of year. I must have commented to the Pro 10 times how I loved the greens, especially since I started by Birdieing #1.
My game was spot on yesterday. Really hit the driver well. Finally found the right setting for the D2 and have been loving it ever since. I was keeping it up with & sometimes past the head pro most of the day. 12/14 fairways (some were lonnnngg too!) 12/18 greens 30 putts (with only 1 3-putt which was surprising considering the speed) Also, with the plethora of bunkers that they have, I wasn't in one of them. But I was almost killed by the other guy skulling one out of the greenside bunker!
My only discouragement with my game was my few mishits with the long irons. 4-iron into a par 5 second shot ... flaired to the right and one fat off the tee box. Other than that the other irons were great.
The Spires is a great public course and all of you should get out and play it if you haven't already. Especially if you want to really see how your short game & putting hold up. If you play from the whites (which I will next time), you can really hone in on your short irons and it will really make you focus. All the Old Timers like it (no offense Rob! LOL) but that place was packed yesterday and it looked like a weekend on any other course. I am just a short 25 min away from there in downtown Frederick, so I will definitely be back.
Thanks for mentioning it CAA!

Have a garage full of Clicgears you can use. (Or buy)

I could be convinced to dust off the wallet. I was suspecting you of being a cart collector though :alien2:

Ok ... I know everyone is excited about the RR .... but this thread is getting quite. What's everyone doing this week? The weather in the middle of the week is looking great so I will be practicing till the sun goes down on Wed & Thur most likely. If anyone wants to get in a late afternoon round this week, let me know.

Playing Pilgrims Oak tomorrow, and prepping for the Canton Golf league starting at APG. Plus a boys getaway to Virgina Beach Masters weekend!

Anyone played PO recently? Have not been there since December.

So .... played Clustered Spires for the first time yesterday. Didn't even know the course was there all these years. I have to say it's one of the nicest courses I have played in quite some time. The greens are immaculate and roll true and fast ... some country clubs should model their greens after these or ask the Superintendent what he is doing right. And if you are on the wrong side of the hole, you can forget it. As long as you leave yourself in the right place, it is very manageable. Everything is out in front of you with no surprises. From the back it plays to about 6900, while the whites are about 6200 I think. I was lucky enough to be paired with a guy that works in the Pro Shop and the Head Pro. The guy in the Pro Shop & his partner played the whites while the Pro & I played the Blacks. Fairways are in fabulous shape as well for this time of year. I must have commented to the Pro 10 times how I loved the greens, especially since I started by Birdieing #1.
My game was spot on yesterday. Really hit the driver well. Finally found the right setting for the D2 and have been loving it ever since. I was keeping it up with & sometimes past the head pro most of the day. 12/14 fairways (some were lonnnngg too!) 12/18 greens 30 putts (with only 1 3-putt which was surprising considering the speed) Also, with the plethora of bunkers that they have, I wasn't in one of them. But I was almost killed by the other guy skulling one out of the greenside bunker!
My only discouragement with my game was my few mishits with the long irons. 4-iron into a par 5 second shot ... flaired to the right and one fat off the tee box. Other than that the other irons were great.
The Spires is a great public course and all of you should get out and play it if you haven't already. Especially if you want to really see how your short game & putting hold up. If you play from the whites (which I will next time), you can really hone in on your short irons and it will really make you focus. All the Old Timers like it (no offense Rob! LOL) but that place was packed yesterday and it looked like a weekend on any other course. I am just a short 25 min away from there in downtown Frederick, so I will definitely be back.
Thanks for mentioning it CAA!
Glad you enjoyed it. I used to work 15 minutes from there about 10 years ago. It gets overshadowed by the big name courses out there, but I'd play it any day of the week.

Glad you enjoyed it. I used to work 15 minutes from there about 10 years ago. It gets overshadowed by the big name courses out there, but I'd play it any day of the week.

Local outing, perhaps?

Playing Pilgrims Oak tomorrow, and prepping for the Canton Golf league starting at APG. Plus a boys getaway to Virgina Beach Masters weekend!

Anyone played PO recently? Have not been there since December.

Played it 3 weeks ago or so - the weekend it finally reopened after the snow. It was surprisingly ( well, not really for the Oak! ) in great shape. Only negative complaint was that the greens were slow. That may be different now. If I wasn't playing Deerfield in Delaware I may have joined you if you had an opening. Great course, especially for the price!

APG is in my sales territory - may be up for a late day round sometime!

Played it 3 weeks ago or so - the weekend it finally reopened after the snow. It was surprisingly ( well, not really for the Oak! ) in great shape. Only negative complaint was that the greens were slow. That may be different now. If I wasn't playing Deerfield in Delaware I may have joined you if you had an opening. Great course, especially for the price!

APG is in my sales territory - may be up for a late day round sometime!

For sure, but Monday's and Tuesday's are out. League nights use all 18, but Monday night could use some more teams.

Matt and I are headed to Greystone in the morning.

Headed to Queenstown Lakes in the morning. Last weekend for winter rates. 4 players for 160....Great deal!

Matt and I are headed to Greystone in the morning.
How is Greystone? I've always driven past the sign, haven't played.

Headed to Queenstown Lakes in the morning. Last weekend for winter rates. 4 players for 160....Great deal!
Love Queenstown! Haven't been there in years

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How is Greystone? I've always driven past the sign, haven't played.

Greystone was in pretty good shape for late March, Greens where in great shape and rolling pretty quick for this I me of the year as well. Couple really silly pin placements today. 12 was on the front, 13 was on the front. Only had the white tees out today. Had about a 30 minute frost delay this morning as well.

Greystone was in pretty good shape for late March, Greens where in great shape and rolling pretty quick for this I me of the year as well. Couple really silly pin placements today. 12 was on the front, 13 was on the front. Only had the white tees out today. Had about a 30 minute frost delay this morning as well.
That is a great track. Haven't played there in five years though.

That is a great track. Haven't played there in five years though.

I play there a couple times a year - twilight. Course can be a beast for sure! Conditions can get iffy in the summer, especially the greens, but usually it's nice. Really sucks that it is in my new sales territory - haha.

As I have a mostly compete traveling bag now, I'm thinking to get 9 or 18 in after work today (off at 4pm / at the end of Snowden in Columbia). Not sure where I'm going yet, but the more the merrier.

sudseh_zpsncawxenn.jpg

AAAHHHHHH!

Quite possibly the most interesting driver. :alien:

If it weren't backwards I might agree :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back