Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I hit a few bottom groovers on the range today. Not sure it it was the cold, the replacement shafts, or both, but let's say the feel was a bit more "enhanced". Ball flight was still good though. These things are life preservers for the inconsistent ball striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more pics I see of the topline the more I'm really digging these. I though the slots would be a distraction but they're definitely not! Loving the hype on these irons!

I am a little embarrassed to admit it but I have never owned or tried any Wilson branded golf clubs, and that's shame on me. I know they make quality stuff and these irons are gorgeous. I would love to try them out, but the only golf stores in my area are Roger Dunn's and Dick's. Neither carry Wilson. Once in a while I go down to SoCal, maybe Golfsmith would carry them?

GS says they'll be carrying them, my local store had no info but they're on their website and they've sent tweets and emails about them. Hopefully you'll be able to track some down.

I am a little embarrassed to admit it but I have never owned or tried any Wilson branded golf clubs, and that's shame on me. I know they make quality stuff and these irons are gorgeous. I would love to try them out, but the only golf stores in my area are Roger Dunn's and Dick's. Neither carry Wilson. Once in a while I go down to SoCal, maybe Golfsmith would carry them?
If you come a bit farther East, both Haggin Oaks and Golf Galaxy carry W/S.
I hit a few bottom groovers on the range today. Not sure it it was the cold, the replacement shafts, or both, but let's say the feel was a bit more "enhanced". Ball flight was still good though. These things are life preservers for the inconsistent ball striker.
"Enhanced". That's why a couple of my iron sets only bask in the warm summer sun. Though I do appreciate your willingness to fully test all aspects of these irons for us.

The forgiveness, ball flight, and distance that you guys have written about should have the C200s on everyone's "to hit" list.

The more pics I see of the topline the more I'm really digging these. I though the slots would be a distraction but they're definitely not! Loving the hype on these irons!
Honestly, I don't even see the power holes anymore at address. You just get used to the fact that they're there and go about business, which means enjoying the longer shots you're hitting.

Love the chrome and the simple badge. But i may be biased on favor of Wilson products.

~Rock

Love the chrome and the simple badge. But i may be biased on favor of Wilson products.

~Rock
I think that is a good bias. Did you get to play these in the city championship?

If you come a bit farther East, both Haggin Oaks and Golf Galaxy carry W/S.

"Enhanced". That's why a couple of my iron sets only bask in the warm summer sun. Though I do appreciate your willingness to fully test all aspects of these irons for us.

The forgiveness, ball flight, and distance that you guys have written about should have the C200s on everyone's "to hit" list.

Hopefully some of the guys that still have the KBS shafts installed will get some cold weather swings in and compare findings. The dynamic golds are a stalwart shaft but they definitely speak their mind.

Don't you just love that enhanced feeling.

Hey #StaffProto peeps, lets push these more on Twitter and Instagram using the #GenFLX hashtag. W/S is relying on us to get the word out, and get a return on their investment into us.

Hey #StaffProto peeps, lets push these more on Twitter and Instagram using the #GenFLX hashtag. W/S is relying on us to get the word out, and get a return on their investment into us.
We had it trending on day 1. Seems like we could do that again.

The more and more i read on these the more I want to try them. Ive always played Taylormade equipment and recently purchased Callaway XR irons but theres just something telling me I should try these out!

The more and more i read on these the more I want to try them. Ive always played Taylormade equipment and recently purchased Callaway XR irons but theres just something telling me I should try these out!

If you go back to my review there are some numbers and visuals for you to compare to Taylormades. Pretty cool numbers to see!

I'm playing catch up in this thread but man these are not only sleek looking irons, but also you're ready for business and ready to do some damage.

If you go back to my review there are some numbers and visuals for you to compare to Taylormades. Pretty cool numbers to see!

yeah i checked it out for sure!

For those of you playing these, how's the turf interaction?

I've never had much success with thicker soled irons (which these seem to be), but from all the glowing reviews I'm interested in trying them out.

I was the same way until #staffproto. Now that I was fortunate enough to attend it has changed my game and what's in my bag. W/S is really gaining momentum and hopefully can make it out your way. Try to find these clubs. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully some of the guys that still have the KBS shafts installed will get some cold weather swings in and compare findings. The dynamic golds are a stalwart shaft but they definitely speak their mind.

Oh you can certainly feel the mishits and it seems a bit more extreme in the cold for obvious reasons. Not terrible but feedback for sure.

I'd be interested to see the stress/strain curve of the irons face when cold vs hot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that your good reviews in this thread inspired me to:
a) sign up for an account on THP (long time lurker); and
b) buy a set of Wilson C200s! (fantastic clubs btw - like them better than my Miuras pp9003 + Recoils)

Quick question guys for those of you who have a set already - is your gap wedge labelled "S" ? Reason I ask is I just picked up a set here in Australia, and the only club they have after PW is the S wedge - but I saw that you guys have been referring to a gap wedge - so does that mean I'm missing a club between PW and S?

Notably, the "S" Wedge does not have the sockets that the rest of the clubs have. Keen to understand whether the S wedge I picked up is the same as the Gap wedge you guys have referred to.

Cheers!

Great looking clubs! I keep coming back to this page for another look at them. I hope to have some in the bag soon.

I really enjoy reading about these irons, and the feedback has been great!
Thanks, testers!!

Love seeing the continued feedback on these.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to see the stress/strain curve of the irons face when cold vs hot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

What do you mean by this??

I've thread thru and feel like I really should give Wilson a few swings at the least. I've gamed one of their clubs. I have gamed the Duo but that's about it.

What do you mean by this??

I've thread thru and feel like I really should give Wilson a few swings at the least. I've gamed one of their clubs. I have gamed the Duo but that's about it.

Just a guess but I suspect he is wondering if the amount of deflection in the face changes significantly with temperature.

Back