Bloodline Golf RG-1 Mallet Putter - THP Review

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts James.

Interesting that the sole isn't flat. Presumably the 2 "nubs" don't adversely affect the stroke if/when they contact the putting surface.
This is a good question. Can you "feel" them when grounding the club?
I'd bet dollars to pesos that theyre there to help properly sole the club.

I'd bet dollars to pesos that theyre there to help properly sole the club.

Oh, interesting. I assumed some funky weight distribution thing but helping to properly sole the club is even more intriguing.

Help grounding the club and interchangeable hosels. Sounds pretty interesting.

Now, some of you are going "What's a Bloodline?", while others recognize the name because of the PGA Tour use they have gotten from the likes of the Big Easy himself. A key factor here, this isn't a brand started up by flash in the pan entrepreneurs, there is some serious industry history and clout behind Bloodline. The company was founded by Brad Adams and Larry Bischmann, Adams is the former Sr. VP at Odyssey Golf (credited for being in on the development of the famous Odyssey insert material design) and his father actually founded TaylorMade Golf, while Bischmann played a major role in the marketing team that brought TM to the #1 Driver in Golf status as well as spearheading the launch of the Diamana shaft brand. Like I said, these aren't rookies, these are heavy hitters.

This right here is interesting!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pretty excited to see all the interest in this one, I know I'm pretty intrigued too.

It's heeeeeeere....

And it IS different.

DSC_0140-XL.jpg

DSC_0141-XL.jpg

DSC_0142-XL.jpg

DSC_0143-XL.jpg

DSC_0144-XL.jpg

DSC_0145-XL.jpg

DSC_0146-XL.jpg

DSC_0147-XL.jpg

DSC_0148-XL.jpg

DSC_0149-XL.jpg

DSC_0150-XL.jpg

DSC_0151-XL.jpg

DSC_0152-XL.jpg

DSC_0153-XL.jpg

DSC_0154-XL.jpg

DSC_0155-XL.jpg

DSC_0156-XL.jpg

Great pictures as usual. Initial thoughts?

Yes, you've only had it an hour but it's a putter so I'm impatient.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great pictures as usual. Initial thoughts?

Yes, you've only had it an hour but it's a putter so I'm impatient.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Firm. Very firm.

More as soon as possible, but Amanda is on call so I'm solo this weekend w the twins and Lotte haha

Is it a graphite shaft? Or just matte black?

That is a funky grip!

its like a tennis racket wrap.
Yep, it's literally a wrap over the shaft, that's it. Shafts width/girth increases though so it feels normal grip size.

Bloodline Golf RG-1 Mallet Putter - THP Review

Check that OP, yo! lol

Carbon Fiber/Graphite

I read that, but that it was like 2 days ago!!! Thanks Jman!

In the first picture you can see the items under the shaft sticking out beyond the sole. I'd be a little concerned these would catch the grass on a stroke.

No insert? Whaaaaat?

Yep, it's literally a wrap over the shaft, that's it. Shafts width/girth increases though so it feels normal grip size.

That was going to be my question looking at the pictures - is the shaft grip size up at the top.

This really seems like one of the pieces of equipment where there's going to be a group of people who absolutely LOVE it and swear by it, while some people will try it and immediately turn their nose. These radically different approaches are really interesting that way.

So it seems like the entire design is predicated on the motion that being able to stand behind the ball with the putter standing upright is massively important. It's an interesting idea. But I'd guess most people change the face angle at least a little when the put their hands on the club. I'm all for new tech that helps people align properly (red bubble, RST, 2135, etc). I'm curious to see how this one actually works.

In the first picture you can see the items under the shaft sticking out beyond the sole. I'd be a little concerned these would catch the grass on a stroke.

@Canadan and I discussed this last night, like I told him its a non-issue IMO. Unless the user has the most steep and cut-y putting stroke ever, its just not a concern.

That was going to be my question looking at the pictures - is the shaft grip size up at the top.

This really seems like one of the pieces of equipment where there's going to be a group of people who absolutely LOVE it and swear by it, while some people will try it and immediately turn their nose. These radically different approaches are really interesting that way.

This will 100% be the case IMO, not just in the design itself with things like the stand-up aspect, "grip", etc, but also the feel. Its exponentially more firm than I ever expected given the aluminum body material and aggressive face grooves. I have some theories on that, but I'm going to wait for outdoor use to share that.

So it seems like the entire design is predicated on the motion that being able to stand behind the ball with the putter standing upright is massively important. It's an interesting idea. But I'd guess most people change the face angle at least a little when the put their hands on the club. I'm all for new tech that helps people align properly (red bubble, RST, 2135, etc). I'm curious to see how this one actually works.

Eh, I think less would do that than you think, because you are essentially addressing the putter KNOWING its set up to your given line, people will be less apt to manipulate, unless of course they are a forward presser. IMO, it works better than the red ball having used it, because here you are literally (if you want to) able to stand behind the ball and adjust your line, there you are subject to things like eye position (if you are an inside the ball or on the ball golfer) and other things.

That grip is the fly on a wedding cake for me. I’d bet you can’t really change them out either.

That grip is the fly on a wedding cake for me. I’d bet you can’t really change them out either.
It's tape, so there's really no other option given the wide diameter of the shaft. You can however purchase replacement tape.

The items that stick out on the bottom of the sole, is their only purpose to help the putter stand on its own?

Last edited:
The items that stick out on the bottom of the sole, is there only purpose to help the putter stand on its own?
Imo it's dual purpose, to help with standing up, but it also helps force the user to sole the putter properly and not end up toe high like so many amateurs do, which is a consistency killer.

Imo it's dual purpose, to help with standing up, but it also helps force the user to sole the putter properly and not end up toe high like so many amateurs do, which is a consistency killer.

Makes sense, looking forward to reading your review on this one.

Back