What Food Will You Try In 2016

If I get to Orbe, Switzerland again I will try the Thursday Special in the cafeteria - horse steaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't doubt it. I just haven't gotten off my butt and hit up a place yet.

I will also add a banana to my list. The last time I tried one I was about 10 and it was awful.
They still suck, but they are good for you

Avocado. Ive never had it and dont think ill like it, but its time i try

Maybe I will give Brussels sprouts another try in 2016. I'm not a picky eater at all, but those are one of the few things on my no go list.

I have a mean recipe my wife actually requested tonight. it has turned a few haters into appreciators and it's really not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever they are serving at the Grandaddy

Avocado. Ive never had it and dont think ill like it, but its time i try

what what what??? why don't you think you'll like it? I adore avocado.

what what what??? why don't you think you'll like it? I adore avocado.

Not a fan of guacamole. Just doesn't do it for me and the texture is awful

I'm going to give Oatmeal a shot I tried it many years ago and couldn't stand it. But I know its a better breakfast option than bagel and cream cheese. So I'll try it.

What Food Will You Try In 2016

Not a fan of guacamole. Just doesn't do it for me and the texture is awful

possible you're not letting them ripen enough? a properly ripened avocado has a texture not unlike mayonnaise when spread thin, maybe just a little "mealier." a very ripe avocado with a bit of salt is to die for.

I tried a new food today that I've never had... An oyster straight out of the shell. Quite possibly the nastiest thing I've ever eaten in my life. Christ!!

Weird thing is... I work part time for my uncle who owns a fresh seafood business and this is the first and last one I've had. It tasted like I went and dove in the Atlantic Ocean with my mouth open. Just the worst.

There isn't anything particular that I can think of, but I'm game to try something once.

I don't doubt it. I just haven't gotten off my butt and hit up a place yet.

I will also add a banana to my list. The last time I tried one I was about 10 and it was awful.

I got sick in second grade after eating a banana and haven't touched one since.

possible you're not letting them ripen enough? a properly ripened avocado has a texture not unlike mayonnaise when spread thin, maybe just a little "mealier." a very ripe avocado with a bit of salt is to die for.

Avocados are soooo good!

I'm going to give Oatmeal a shot I tried it many years ago and couldn't stand it. But I know its a better breakfast option than bagel and cream cheese. So I'll try it.

Rob, check out this thread for some oatmeal ideas: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?74599-Overnight-Oats

GG, I haven't forgotten about the egg trick, I swear!

Last edited:
More BBQ and smoked food! Specifically that which I cook! :alien:

I tried a new food today that I've never had... An oyster straight out of the shell. Quite possibly the nastiest thing I've ever eaten in my life. Christ!!

Weird thing is... I work part time for my uncle who owns a fresh seafood business and this is the first and last one I've had. It tasted like I went and dove in the Atlantic Ocean with my mouth open. Just the worst.

If you ever get to Louisiana, you have to try Dragos in Metaire, LA just outside New Orleans. I'm not a fan of raw oysters either but I can eat 2 dozen of their charbroiled oysters.

http://www.dragosrestaurant.com/about/our-oysters/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obviously you didn't try them with a bit of Tabassco and chase it with the correct beer :D

There isn't anything particular that I can think of, but I'm game to try something once.

I got sick in second grade after eating a banana and haven't touched one since.

Avocados are soooo good!

Rob, check out this thread for some oatmeal ideas: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?74599-Overnight-Oats

GG, I haven't forgotten about the egg trick, I swear!

thanks I'll give it a look.

Nothing comes to mind but there are always a few new things I try every year

I've tried and will eat almost anything and enjoy some commonly hated foods like sushi, raw oysters, sardines, and brussel sprouts. My daughters and I go out for sushi at least once a week and it's often my favorite meal of the week. The only food that comes to mind that I don't like is tofu, the texture is too rubbery and the taste is blah.

I will try oysters for the first time, I still don't get it, but I'll try them to say I did.

Also, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Somehow, someway.

And fish tacos are another I'll have never tried until this year because the name is revolting to me.

I will try oysters for the first time, I still don't get it, but I'll try them to say I did.

And fish tacos are another I'll have never tried until this year because the name is revolting to me.

Oysters are a strange thing. I like them in small doses. Lots of Tobasco is required.

Good fish tacos are amazing. Bad fish tacos are worse than many things on the planet. So be careful there, find a place that makes good ones.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I had oysters yesterday, for the first time ever.

Id rather drink dumpster juice.

Maybe I will give Brussels sprouts another try in 2016. I'm not a picky eater at all, but those are one of the few things on my no go list.
I was the same way. I tried them last year and loved them, but only because they were prepared in a way that basically defeats their health benefits :bashful:

Cut them in half, bake them in a little bit of olive oil and chopped bacon. You will like them.

Back