2018 Srixon or 2018 Bridgestone?

mtex22

Reaction score
Handicap
Having a hard time deciding between the two!

My two favorite irons of all time have been the Bridgestone J15cb and the Srixon Z745. Looks like we will have their heir apparents in the next month!

Decisions Decisions!

Capture 3.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Last edited:
The J15 Cb is not being replaced next month.

I believe the J15 CB’s were discontinued, no? The new tour B’s that took their place I believe was a completely new line.

As for the two, I’ve had both the J15 CB and the Srixon z765, and I would take the Srixon every single time.

I don't think there's a wrong choice with these two OEMs. I'd probably go with Bridgestone Tour B only because I don't really like Srixon's version of the V-sole.

I LOVE Srixon irons, so I can’t say don’t get them. The Tour B’s do look like they have a Superman logo on them...soooo...hard to go wrong there too:)

But seriously, my 2 favorite sets of irons I’ve ever had were made by each company, so I really like both. Z765/965 currently and a couple years I had J40’s, love both!

Like both Bridgestone and Srixon irons. Gamed the J40's and 745's. It's a real toss up, either way cannot go wrong. Solid offerings

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

The J15 Cb is not being replaced next month.

I realize the J15cb was discontinued but this looks like the closest thing. The original version of tour b x cb was way off the mark. This new one looks like a hybrid of both J15cb and Tour B X-CB. That would be awesome!

I realize the J15cb was discontinued but this looks like the closest thing. The original version of tour b x cb was way off the mark. This new one looks like a hybrid of both J15cb and Tour B X-CB. That would be awesome!

I don’t discuss pre release gear, but I have the new set and it will be fully reviewed on THP.

Having a hard time deciding between the two!

My two favorite irons of all time have been the Bridgestone J15cb and the Srixon Z745. Looks like we will have their heir apparents in the next month!

Decisions Decisions!

View attachment 34685

View attachment 34686

The Bridgestone gear does look quite nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t discuss pre release gear, but I have the new set and it will be fully reviewed on THP.

This excites me - hoping there is a chance for the Ultimate Weekend

This excites me - hoping there is a chance for the Ultimate Weekend

These would be right up your alley! They are stunningly good looking, and look to be built in a manner that making a combo or blended set would be seamless. I want a set!

Both OEMs make high quality irons and both of those models look really good. I would opt for the Bridgestone just because it has been a lot longer since I have gamed Bridgestone irons than Srixon irons.

I'm a fan of v-sole so I vote Srixon

The J15 CB’s are an awesome iron, my heart always leans Bridgestone.

Wrong info provided. My apologies.

Last edited:
between the two, i'm going srixon all day long. but to be honest, if bridgestone had maintained their trajectory and model they had when they released the j15 series, i think it would be a much tighter race. i don't understand bridgestone's model now, and i find their message about their brand and clubs to be very muddled. i know what srixon is doing and what they are producing, and it's fantastic.

I've seen video's on Bridgestone Japan YouTube site and it looks like Bridgestone freshened up the TourB line up and they make beautiful looking clubs.
However Srixon is so much more available and there is more demand for them when it comes to selling when you move on to the next set.

Love both srixon and Bridgestone. If I really have to choose, I’ll take the tour B.

Love the look of the X-BL for sure

Either choice will be a good one.
Just pick the one you like the look of the most and what seems to work better for you.

Neither look as good as the J15 CB or the Z765 (I think the 765 looked better than the 745).

I really can't stand the Tour B Superman logo. It's a shame, because the J15 CB's are my all time favorite in the looks category with the 765's being a close second.

Attachments

• CBP.JPG
    CBP.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 0

This excites me.

A great deal more than I'd like to admit.

Srixon vote here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

both beautiful irons, am becoming more of a fan of the V shaped soles for turf interaction...for me, not being a digger, the soles with tapers to them seem to glide through rough better, and the bounce on the fairway seem to feel really smooth...

Back