Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Is that 100% accurate? Just making sure. Thanks.

I was told by a Cobra fitter that they are incredibly similar, but not the exact same. I've not held them both at the same time, though.

I was told by a Cobra fitter that they are incredibly similar, but not the exact same. I've not held them both at the same time, though.

I'm scheduled to have dinner next month with a cobra clubmaker on their tour van. I'll ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not loving the HZRDUS Black 6.0 in the LTD Pro head but I just picked up a Rogue 95 MSI X flex on eBay with the LTD Pro adapter for $50 so maybe that will be the combo that works for me.....

couldn't care less about the paint job, it's what's underneath that i care about. i was assumming it was a real deal rogue comsidering the 95 msi rating.
The rogue black is 95 msi. Silver comes in 110 and 125 msi

I must be the only person who can't hit this thing. Demoed a g30 ls with tour 65 and an f6+ with elements. Both in stiff. Was at the range and both were very similar in flight and distance. Had a chance to hit the ltd at a GG with the elements and was frustrated. Short and spin was over 3000. Picked up a g ls with tour 65. Huge difference in distance and spin dropped to 2000. Even grabbed an M2. Nice driver. That was quite a bit longer than the ltd.

hopefully it's a shaft problem and I can demo it again with something else.

I went back and hit the Ltd pro again today I also hit the standard LTD with the same loft I was seeing about 400 revs different in the clubs with the exact same shaft and same loft setting! That only me everyone will be different I'm sure

I should have got a comparison but didn't hit that many with the standard!

Anyway to what I found see my base line my SLDR set to 10.5 with a speeder 757 x

1d53615a513ecde042416c4d5729c201.jpg

Then also see the LTD Pro set at 10 with the Attas 6Star in 7x
a6e565606f91026cabd4b7788203e617.jpg

Club head speed average
103.5 with SLDR
105.3 with LTD

Ball speed average
SLDR 150.1
LTD 152.7

Launch average
SLDR 12.7
LTD 13.3

Spin average
SLDR 2749
LTD 2038

Peak Hight average
SLDR 33
LTD 31

Carry average
SLDR 251
LTD 267

Total average
SLDR 272
LTD 294

It's not even close!!!

If I could get the launch up consistently to about 14-15 like I did on a few shots 300 yards total is there!

Now the problem I have is that the LTD pro with the 6Star is going to set me back a small fortune!!

I think I need to start counting my pennies!!

I went back and hit the Ltd pro again today I also hit the standard LTD with the same loft I was seeing about 400 revs different in the clubs with the exact same shaft and same loft setting! That only me everyone will be different I'm sure

I should have got a comparison but didn't hit that many with the standard!

Anyway to what I found see my base line my SLDR set to 10.5 with a speeder 757 x

1d53615a513ecde042416c4d5729c201.jpg

Then also see the LTD Pro set at 10 with the Attas 6Star in 7x
a6e565606f91026cabd4b7788203e617.jpg

Club head speed average
103.5 with SLDR
105.3 with LTD

Ball speed average
SLDR 150.1
LTD 152.7

Launch average
SLDR 12.7
LTD 13.3

Spin average
SLDR 2749
LTD 2038

Peak Hight average
SLDR 33
LTD 31

Carry average
SLDR 251
LTD 267

Total average
SLDR 272
LTD 294

It's not even close!!!

If I could get the launch up consistently to about 14-15 like I did on a few shots 300 yards total is there!

Now the problem I have is that the LTD pro with the 6Star is going to set me back a small fortune!!

I think I need to start counting my pennies!!

Think about how much fun it will be to crush this baby though! And how much money you'll save trying other drivers

Think about how much fun it will be to crush this baby though! And how much money you'll save trying other drivers

Haha this is true!

I'm scoring pretty good at the min but you have to think that with less club in hand in the second the scores must come down!

What day is tomorrow?

Its LTD w/ PX LZ70 Handcrafted 6.5 day.

What day is tomorrow?

And I thought today was a Holiday!!

Hit it well.

And I thought today was a Holiday!!

Hit it well.

It'll be interesting to try it with something other than the HZRDUS Black that was too much for me to handle.

Plus, GBB is rocking and rolling with SpeedRULZ right now too.

Will be interesting, and a great way to get my mind elsewhere.

What day is tomorrow?

I look forward to you feedback. I've got a Matrix VLCT and a Rogue Black 95 MSI, both in x flex, on the way for my LTD Pro but won't have them until Friday. The HZRDUS Black 6.0 is good but not perfect for my swing.

Just ordered my King Ltd Pro and very excited to get it. It went head to head with numerous drivers over the past few days and it won out easily for me!

Desperately trying to find one of these but the local dicks doesn't carry either of these heads only the F6?

Was so depressed as this was #1 on my list but I can't drop 500$ on s driver without first hitting it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just got my King Ltd Pro and can't wait to hit it! Best feeling driver I have demo'd.

I wasn't getting along that well with the HZRDUS Black that I came with my LTD. I just got a Rogue 95 MSI x flex today and went straight to the range with it. WOW, this shaft makes the LTD a completely different, and better driver for my swing. I shouldn't be surprised as I've been playing the Aldila NV and Tour Green since they came out and the Rogue is just an updated, better version of the Tour Green. I got it dialed in at 9.5* and I think I'm in love.

I'll also have a HZRDUS Black stiff with Cobra adapter posted here for sale here by tomorrow.

I got it with the 95 MSI stiff myself and it gave me better numbers than any driver I have demo'd ...ever. Sold me beloved hotmelted M1 for the KING!

I wasn't getting along that well with the HZRDUS Black that I came with my LTD. I just got a Rogue 95 MSI x flex today and went straight to the range with it. WOW, this shaft makes the LTD a completely different, and better driver for my swing. I shouldn't be surprised as I've been playing the Aldila NV and Tour Green since they came out and the Rogue is just an updated, better version of the Tour Green. I got it dialed in at 9.5* and I think I'm in love.

I'll also have a HZRDUS Black stiff with Cobra adapter posted here for sale here by tomorrow.

Glad to hear you found a shaft that works for you! I love my LTD more and more as I get used to it.... Thankfully HZRDUS works well for me so far.

Hit this today at GG with an x stiff and set to 10.5 on 9 head, results were decent but shaft was too much for me. Also hit the 16 dbd against it and will say the face on the dbd felt hotter even though distances were practically the same on their crappy sims.

Going to demo this tomorrow after the round and then likely pull the trigger soon thereafter if things go like last time.

Demoed this indoors today and according the the sim all I could hit were 240 carry fades... with a 93 mph SS.... Sooooooo I am pretty sure the sim was not entirely accurate, but I really want to try this outdoors.... face is a little shallower than I normally prefer but overall the driver feels very stable... I believe it had the HZRDUS 75g shaft which felt surprisingly lighter than I expected. Wanted to try some Callaway drivers up against it, but they all felt very head heavy in comparison.

Can someone compare the King LTD to the Nike Vapor Pro driver? Pros/cons? Thanks in advance

Can someone compare the King LTD to the Nike Vapor Pro driver? Pros/cons? Thanks in advance

I gamed last years Vapor pro for a while. One of the best sounds of that release year (personal for sure), but I had a hard time keeping it from diving left as a miss. LTD has a lot more forgiveness off the center (especially towards the toe where I miss 90% of the time). While I think great strike v great strike would be close, I find the LTD to be wildly more forgiving.

Back