Picture from new mountainside tee box

Wiskey

GRINT 12.7
Reaction score
Handicap
12.7 Grint
Hello all!

The Pala Mesa resort is putting in a new Tee box on 18 way up on the hillside. It's not open yet but I got paired up with a member who showed me how to get up there. You shoot from way above the tree tops down to that fairway on the left which looks tiny from this vantage point. This is such a fun hole to play from way up there!

I managed to stripe one straight down the fairway for a very impressive, downhill assisted 315 yard drive.

IMG_3101_1 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Whiskey

Nice view for sure.

Great view. How long is that hole?

That's a really cool shot.

Now that is an elevated tee box. Nice!

John Daly would say "grip it, rip it, sip it!"

Great view. How long is that hole?

It really is! Umm,.. It's 419 from the old black tee box, but the yardage from the new one is not published yet. However, I hit 315 and had 180 to the middle of the green from the back of that elevated box, so it would be really close to 495 depending on where the tee markers will be placed and where the hole is. It's a par 4.

Edit - I should mention that my average drive is about 230 so that elevation gave me 85 yards.

Whiskey

It really is! Umm,.. It's 419 from the old black tee box, but the yardage from the new one is not published yet. However, I hit 315 and had 180 to the middle of the green from the back of that elevated box, so it would be really close to 495 depending on where the tee markers will be placed and where the hole is. It's a par 4.

Edit - I should mention that my average drive is about 230 so that elevation gave me 85 yards.

Whiskey

That looks very 'small' out there. I could see many working the other fairway.

Pala Mesa was a favorite of mine when I lived in San Diego. I visit my Son & Daughter twice a year in San Diego and will play it next trip down. What's the week day cost to play?

Love pala Mesa. Course that demands darts into greens or you’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks very 'small' out there. I could see many working the other fairway.

It is an intimidating shot that's for sure! I was very happy to be in the fairway.

Whiskey

Pala Mesa was a favorite of mine when I lived in San Diego. I visit my Son & Daughter twice a year in San Diego and will play it next trip down. What's the week day cost to play?

In the morning it's expensive, but after noon it drops to $31 I think. And later in the day, it drops again to $23.

Whiskey

In the morning it's expensive, but after noon it drops to $31 I think. And later in the day, it drops again to $23.

Whiskey

Thanks Whiskey. Late Sept/early Oct I'll tee off after noon.

Wow, that is cool!

Looks awesome.. I would so be in the fairway on the right

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What a view. Nothing like that on the courses I play.

Thanks Whiskey. Late Sept/early Oct I'll tee off after noon.

When you know a day and time that you will be around, shoot me a PM! I live by there and I've never played with a THP'er before! It could be fun!

Whiskey

Nice view

Depending on if there is any wind or not, I would just take dead aim at the green - I think it looks tighter than it actually is due to the trees in the foreground that seem to obscure your view slightly

When you know a day and time that you will be around, shoot me a PM! I live by there and I've never played with a THP'er before! It could be fun!

Whiskey

I will do that. Week days, Thursday or Friday, ok for you? My home course here in Henderson, NV, is closed for maintenance mid September so it'll be that time frame. Will let you know.

Shot the best round of my life at Fallbrook, Nov 1, 1991. Still play it when I come down. It seems to have gone down hill since the early 2000's.

I will do that. Week days, Thursday or Friday, ok for you? My home course here in Henderson, NV, is closed for maintenance mid September so it'll be that time frame. Will let you know.

Shot the best round of my life at Fallbrook, Nov 1, 1991. Still play it when I come down. It seems to have gone down hill since the early 2000's.

I get every other friday off, and I have lots of PTO saved up so let me know what you are thinking in advance and I can likely make it work. I'll actually be taking a really intense college class during September so taking a day off work to play a 4ish hour round of golf will give me lots of extra time to study VS working a 9 hour day.

I just started playing this course, so I don't know what it was like in the 90's, but I really enjoy playing it! It's one of the better-maintained courses in my price range in my humble opinion. As a side note they just bought a fleet of new carts and are having GPS units installed in every one this month.

Whiskey

Back