2-man teams what order do you prefer

2-man teams what order do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
With lots of THP team events already announced for 2016 I'm curious what order you prefer to tee off in for non-alt shot format.

For me its dependent on format and on my partner. In some cases i prefer to let my partner tee off first to put a ball in play and I take the more aggressive play. Other times I can go first for the same reason and be the one who puts a ball in play and let my partner go for it.

Honestly I like to kind of go with the flow of the round.

I prefer to go last but if my partner is bombing it, I'll play safe and let them rip it

Don't really care honestly but if I had to pick probably 2nd if he put one in play I'll go after it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Let me go first and try to hit the fairway and then they can bomb away. On par 3s howere I prefer going second.

I'd probably just defer to the preference of my playing partner.

Honestly I like to kind of go with the flow of the round.
Agreed, for me playing faster I usually end up going first, and depending on a partner maybe they like to wait and see what you do and then play last.

This could change hole to hole within a tournament. How are we hitting the ball? Does a hole suit one of us better than the other? Does a tee shot require a type of shot that one can pull off better?

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this one.

Honestly I'll usually see what my partner prefers. It really makes no difference to me.

Agreed, for me playing faster I usually end up going first, and depending on a partner maybe they like to wait and see what you do and then play last.

There are just shots and holes that set up differently for people. Usually it's just a fluid situation. There are times when say I'll be swinging well and my partner isn't, and he's the one normally hitting first. Well if a hole sets up for me, we can switch and after a good shot he can free himself up and have a free swing. In the past my partners and I have had some good conversations on the course about such things.

Its either for me as well. I can play either role so whatever suits the team best is good for me

I like being the anchor and I like the order set ahead of time. On the fly changes tend to throw me off

I normally like to go first. However if we are on the putting surface then I want to putt last. I feel I can make any putt put in front of me if I can read it correctly.

Get a ball in play regardless of format is always priority one. If we are both teeing off then I'll try to get one in play and let them rip it.

In past team scenarios I've gone second quite a bit just because I've tended to fare well with pressure and don't mind it being on me when needed.

Depends on the partner, the hole and our strengths and weaknesses.

No-brainer. Depends on partner and format.

I dont care just get the ball in play. If alt shot then look at the holes where we each have a comfort from a tee shot perspective and set it up, but otherwise just let the round play out.

Most of the time I just kind of go with what makes my teammates comfortable. But if it is my choice they tee off first and try to bang one out there and I then play it safe if their drives don't go well.

I dont like the stress of having to follow a bad shot to be honest. I rather go first.

Let me go first! I'm consistently in play. So I'm a good lead off person, but I also don't like to have to put it in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to go last, but generally it does not matter to me. If my partner prefers to go last then I am ok going first.

I prefer my partner to go second, I am much more comfortable being the guy who plays it safe.

I played with a couple big hitters as partners last year in THP events. . I'm looking at you Canadan and Nate ?

The plan was for me to hit first and just worry about getting in play. Then to just them play their natural game. Which for both of them means putting it near 300 yards in play.

The round with Canadan I didn't live up to my part and he had all the pressure and still killed it.

The round with Nate I was in play a bit more often. Once again it didn't matter as he was putting on a stripe show all day.

But hitting first did come with some built in pressure of feeling like you have to get in play.

Personally I am comfortable either way at this point.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

With lots of THP team events already announced for 2016 I'm curious what order you prefer to tee off in for non-alt shot format.

For me its dependent on format and on my partner. In some cases i prefer to let my partner tee off first to put a ball in play and I take the more aggressive play. Other times I can go first for the same reason and be the one who puts a ball in play and let my partner go for it.
You answered this for me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

On my usual two-man teams, 9/10 times I'm the longer hitter. So my partner usually tries to get one in play and then let me take a rip at it. It doesn't bother me at all as far as whether I tee of first or last.

Back