Best Driver for mid-high handicappers

brsmith33

Reaction score
Handicap
what is the best driver for mid-high handicappers that is not expensive?

JB should be here shortly with a link to the DSO!!

any second now

You can pick up a TM 2009 Burner for about $130 brand new these days...

what's your price range?

Or perhaps one of you guys could chime in considering you have read it and tried every one of the drivers at the Spring Outing. But if someone is interested, here it is.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=7079

Next year, OEM and Thanks should put it on, they would be grinning from ear to ear.

Last edited:
Or perhaps one of you guys could chime in considering you have read it and tried every one of the drivers at the Spring Outing. But if someone is interested, here it is.

If you guys only knew the amount of work it takes to do a shoot out. Next year, OEM and Thanks should put it on.

All OEM would have to do is pop open his trunk at the range, I'm sure he has every driver that was at the shootout in there

After hitting it first hand and seeing OEM hit it in person for a full round, I think you should start with the Diablo Edge. Solid hitter, higher launch, mid-high spin rate, hot face, and pretty consistent performer. Assuming it's in your price range of course.

There is always the option of coming down to the Fall Demo Day and trying them all first hand and seeing which one works best.

After hitting it first hand and seeing OEM hit it in person for a full round, I think you should start with the Diablo Edge. Solid hitter, higher launch, mid-high spin rate, hot face, and pretty consistent performer. Assuming it's in your price range of course.

And it comes with a free Kodak HD video camera. Or like JB says come to the outing and hit every driver known to man plus some that you neve heard of like Fourteen and williams!

In my experience, the Ping G15, the Diablo Edge and R9 460 are great if you suck off the tee (like me).

I think I've hit just about every new driver this year and my favorites are the Ping G15 and Callaway FT-IZ. Also, the Nike Machspeed was also pretty good, but does have the odd shape. I had read many good things also about the Diablo Edge driver, but when I tried it, it simply didn't perform as well for me as these other drivers I have listed.

This is based on off-the-rack drivers. I'm not a fan of the 46"+ shaft drivers put out by Adams or Taylormade. If I tried a shorter shaft, I think they would have worked well.

Next year, OEM and Thanks should put it on, they would be grinning from ear to ear.

I thought it was a demo event, not buy it event?

Right now I play a Sumo 2. You can get them cheap now. I was playing a slice that it straightened a bit.

You should check out the Callaway Pre-Owned website. I have purchased all my woods, drivers and hybrids from the site and have been extremely satisfied. I have a 10* draw Big Bertha Diablo driver from them that works great for me. It was less than $100.

Yeah, I got my Diablo Draw for $105 Like New too.

I say a year or two old model of either Mizuno or King Cobra. They both make extremely forgiving drivers with high launch low-spin characteristics and can be bought for peanuts in the bargain bins of the world.

Back