2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I somehow didn't gain any weight while traveling this past week which is great.

Tomorrow I am back to working out and eating well. I already have meat defrosting in the fridge.

I weighed in at 210 on Tuesday before bed, with a 41" waist.
I looked at my belly getting out of the shower and was horrified.

I want to get down to about 190 and a 34" waist.

So, I only started on Wednesday but so far I'm doing great.

I ate way less food, and no refined carb's which usually increase my appetite.

Starting tomorrow, it will be taking lunch 5 days a work, and only drinking water or tea (with no sugar).

I find myself retreating to fast food/soda when I am stressed out, and I need to break that habit. No more soda at home/work, and cutting out dairy (except cheese), limiting breads, and trying to eat a lot more fruit/veggies.

I've got to get healthy....honestly I've been avoiding it for far to long. I'm heavier than I've been in 15 years and it's starting to cause some problems. Anyway.....if I see 200 I'll be feeling pretty good. I get 46 points to use daily which sounds like a ton. We've got a grocery list set and I'm off to get it done.

Thankfully I like fruits and veggies. Lunch during the work week is where I pile on the crap foods. Fast foods are a nemesis for me. And I drink way way to much Diet Coke. This is going to take a conscious effort obviously, but I'm afraid if I don't I'm headed for a serious issue.

Good luck on the weight loss bud. I have no doubt you can get to 200. Get you one of those 64oz reusable jugs and fill it with water and just during it the ought out the day, should help with the diet coke consumption

Our usual strategy is to bear down hard during the week...taking lunch to work, planning ahead to cook healthy dinners. And then splurge a bit on the weekend (eat out once or twice, dessert maybe). Works pretty well, helps avoid falling off the wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Lee and I are signed up with weight watchers. Some how she got me 6 months free membership. The killer was having to get n the scale. And then tell her what that number was.

j have no doubt you and Lee will succeed to reach your goals. Not to mention your game will improve as well, take it from someone who knows.

A busy day ... Orange Theory 7:15 ... Tee Time at 11:00 ... it certainly did not help my game working prior

664 cals burned in a 1 hour spinning class. I am toast.

664 cals burned in a 1 hour spinning class. I am toast.

What kind of cadence were you spinning at?

Holy cow. Man if I don't have to go outside and run 6 miles to burn that many calories I'm sold! Eating in portions.

Holy cow. Man if I don't have to go outside and run 6 miles to burn that many calories I'm sold! Eating in portions.

1.5 hours on my Kickr Trainer this morning burned 2300 calories. Granted, the interval workouts kicked my tail.

1.5 hours on my Kickr Trainer this morning burned 2300 calories. Granted, the interval workouts kicked my tail.

That is crazy.

81aabb4d0aa5445f040595e5915dc332.jpg

This is pretty good. Good amount of protein too. 3 pts

Added a hard boiled egg and 3 pieces of turkey bacon

For a total 8 pts.

Thats not bad T2G. I am a yogurt fan and found a few that were only 2 points as well.
I try to keep my breakfast pretty light, because I am not super hungry in the morning and dont get too many points during the day (38 total).

I don't normally eat breakfast. Well I used to suck down a doughnut or 3. So this is kind of different. But thank god Lee is doing this with me.

I don't normally eat breakfast. Well I used to suck down a doughnut or 3. So this is kind of different. But thank god Lee is doing this with me.

Yeah it will certainly make it easier. Im really close to my PGA Show goal. Chicago and Memphis took me out of it for a bit, but Im back on track for my final week.
THe next step will be 175 by Club Clash which I think I will make.

Its actually pretty amazing how much it becomes easier after the first month.

Keep getting after it dude! Impressive with all the travel and your passion for quality foods. My goal is 200 by July 9th

Keep getting after it dude! Impressive with all the travel and your passion for quality foods. My goal is 200 by July 9th

Love it. And you have some great people here that are sharing the journey with you.
I do have a passion for that stuff, but I also have a passion to grow old and play this game with all of you. One thing I have learned is that when I go full bore, I flame out fast. So instead a program like WW has worked for me, because I can eat what I want, with in reason and track it all. I have gone out, eaten pizza, done burgers, etc. I make up for it in other ways with my points.

It becomes fun and something I never thought I would have liked. Sub 190 again feels great, especially with my build, where it all goes in the stomach, and next stop is 175 where I have not been since freshman year of college.

Thats a solid breakfast. Will be followimg closely along your journey and having Lee doing it will help both of you

weigh in this morning: 187 even. Big for 2 reasons, 1 it makes the 185 mark still a reality for the PGA Show. And 2 because it knocks down that 20 lb loss mark after starting this whole thing at 208.

Back on track today! I just finished a bowl of oatmeal (not my preferred breakfast but it's all I have until I get back from the grocery store today), and I leave in 15 minutes for Orange Theory.

weigh in this morning: 187 even. Big for 2 reasons, 1 it makes the 185 mark still a reality for the PGA Show. And 2 because it knocks down that 20 lb loss mark after starting this whole thing at 208.

Dude, I am so proud of you. We sat there together and said "Gawd Damn we look huge on video" and did something about it. We weigh exactly the same now so instead of 10 cameras pointed at us, it will only be 3-4.

Had a really good day yesterday! Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat toast for breakfast, apple for snack, Oikos Zero yogurt and beef jerky for lunch, WW cheese stick for snack, and a light supper of mushroom rice. Spent an hour on the elliptical also, but I'm kind of fighting a cold right now so I couldn't go at the intensity I wanted to. I also figured out how to do crunches in my crane cab and did them throughout the day. All in all, I feel pretty good about yesterday and hope I can string together a whole bunch of days just like it.

Back