2016 Super Bowl Contest & Thread

Did I hear that correctly, Tony Dungy is in the HOF, but Jimmy Johnson and George Seifert aren't?
Maybe Stephen A can explain it?

Maybe Stephen A can explain it?
"Now listen... I asked Kobe Bryant this while I was at his house for an intimate dinner, because we are close friends. I said 'Kobe, why don't people understand how hard it is to be a young, black athlete...'"

I still haven't seen the interview, sounds like he acted like a Loser. He played like crap, and lost the biggest game of his career so frankly I couldn't care less that he was salty about it, it is he really fefused to talk and walked out, that's pretty ******.

I'm lucky I never saw him lose while he played for my team.

I still haven't seen the interview, sounds like he acted like a Loser. He played like crap, and lost the biggest game of his career so frankly I couldn't care less that he was salty about it, it is he really fefused to talk and walked out, that's pretty ******.

I'm lucky I never saw him lose while he played for my team.

He refused to talk and then walked out.
In fact it was less than 3 minutes. He gave 1 word answers for most of the 5-6 questions that came and then he walked out on them.

In fact it was less than 3 minutes. He gave 1 word answers for most of the 5-6 questions that came and then he walked out on them.
Yep sounds pretty crappy. You can't complain about the haters then give them ammo like this.

Yep sounds pretty crappy. You can't complain about the haters then give them ammo like this.

To me its less about the fans. Deadspin (which I am not normally a fan) wrote a great piece on it this morning. You cant be the person that all year long says "dont want us to dance and rub it in your face, stop us" and then when it happens, act like this.

Either go the PC way or dont, but this shows that all of the people that called him a baby, a b*tch and everything else were 100% right all along. His rookie year he was criticized for any time they lost, acting like a child and putting the towel over his head and not speaking. He didnt lose much this year so nobody saw this side. Now in the big game with so many eye balls it comes out.

However with all of that said, I dont have a problem with an athlete with an edge. I kind of like it, but it goes both ways. The most telling thing however is watching SOOOO MANY players and former players say "Grow the Eff Up" after it. They are the ones that know, have been there and see it first hand and are saying "yes, he is a ****ing baby".

To me its less about the fans. Deadspin (which I am not normally a fan) wrote a great piece on it this morning. You cant be the person that all year long says "dont want us to dance and rub it in your face, stop us" and then when it happens, act like this.

Either go the PC way or dont, but this shows that all of the people that called him a baby, a b*tch and everything else were 100% right all along. His rookie year he was criticized for any time they lost, acting like a child and putting the towel over his head and not speaking. He didnt lose much this year so nobody saw this side. Now in the big game with so many eye balls it comes out.

However with all of that said, I dont have a problem with an athlete with an edge. I kind of like it, but it goes both ways. The most telling thing however is watching SOOOO MANY players and former players say "Grow the Eff Up" after it. They are the ones that know, have been there and see it first hand and are saying "yes, he is a ****ing baby".
I don't really see much of a correlation between this and the celebration. He is a emotional guy and with that comes the ups and downs. Getting mad after a huge loss is fine. Refusing to face the music is another story. If it had been Peyton refusing to answer it would be the same thing to me, despite the fact that a leap and a hug is a big celebration for him.

Stand up there, take your lumps, be a leader. Not jumping on a fumble and walking out of the playoffs is not a leader. You lead your team well for 18 games and failed miserably on the biggest stage.

Because if you say "Dont like the dancing, stop it" and then someone does, acting like a fool has meaning.

This made me laugh.

ja2RG7Z.jpg

Finally got to watch the interview, pathetic! Panthers coaching tip for next season: When their winning pull him and put 2nd stringer in, when their losing leave him in, teach him how to lose.

He acted exactly like Belichick did after Denver won the conference championship game. If you watched the two interviews side by side you'd think that they were working from the same script.

He acted exactly like Belichick did after Denver won the conference championship game. If you watched the two interviews side by side you'd think that they were working from the same script.
Bellicheck has always done that, he gets a pass for a lot of piss poor actions because he has won oodles of trophies.

Belichick gets a pass? He is the most hated coach in the NFL.

Free Bud promo there haha

LMAO. Is this your last game?

"I have other things to do first, kiss my wife and kids. Drink a lot of budweiser, i can promise you that."

Hahahaha.

I think Manning likes Budweiser.

Also, "Von Miller is buying..."

One story I read this morning said Manning is a part owner in a Budweiser distributing center in LA. So mentioning Budweiser sells a couple extra cans which means a couple extra flow out of his centers which means more cash for him.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/was-peyton-manning-paid-for-budweiser-mentions/ar-BBpe8QH

Defenses win championships.

Cam's upset because he didn't get to do the "Dab" but the Broncos players did on the sidelines.

Manning saying during every interview he's going to drink Budweiser. He doesn't even drink Budweiser.

Manning getting the $4M dollars he gave up to stay with the Broncos through incentives by winning the AFC and SB championships...priceless.

I was trying to get on board with the Cam antics while on the field, but being a sore loser is a very annoying thing to watch. He looked like a child in the post game interview.

It's also excellent to see Peyton once again giving his team all the credit, and having enough fun to basically say "don't make this moment about me and my career" with the spotlight on him. That's about as good as it gets.

....hopefully someone handed Cam a notebook and a pen while Peyton was talking.

Just saw the interview, what a little b!tch lol cmon man you dance around and everything is great but you are a piss poor sport once you lose.

Great end to the season. I'm totally fine with the Broncos winning, and it sure does appear that Carolina, while good, wasn't as good as their record suggested.

Yeah that definitely was not a "I think it's going to be ruled an incomplete pass".

Yeah that definitely was not a "I think it's going to be ruled an incomplete pass".

Not very MVP of him to not go after that ball. It's the freaking SUPER BOWL, not a pre season game, get your butt on the ground after the ball.

Has this one been looping in here yet? Cam looks nervous.

tbxfqvmf0sta9cryrytc.gif

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound..eek DeMarcus Ware

never followed Cam ... but he is on my dead list now ... what a little whiner ... how you lose says a lot of your character ...

I still don't understand how Cam fans can justify him not diving for that football. Unbelievable to me. It is the Super Bowl for heavens sake. And you pull up and don't dive for it.

Let's not overreact here... I understand the fact that some people would love to cut Cam Newton down from the knees, and I fully agree this isn't how a professional should act, but sweet Yeezy boost, let's not act like he shot an unarmed man.

I'm not trying to defend him, because he played like crap and I don't like his demeanor. but I see a guy who fell really hard from the pedestal he was put on, by both himself as the people around him. He probably clearly wasn't taught any form of humility, especially not over the last couple of years. In his head, there was probably one outcome, and that was Newton being lifted on the shoulders of his teammates after the game holding the Lombardi... And he failed miserably, on the biggest stage a footballer can play on. That might be tough to swallow for someone like him, who believes (and is made to believe) he's unstoppable.

Let's hope he learns from this, and becomes a better person. If this experience doesn't straighten this crappy behavior, I doubt anything will.

Back