mr.hicksta's fitting with Joe Kwok!

good stuff hicksta! fittings can be humbling. a 1.52 smash factor is freaking awesome, and i guess explains why your distance is what it is relative to your ss. i'm surprised you have lost ss, as it seems like your fitness has really improved. sounds like you have more speed available to you if you can trust it.

interesting to hear that the rogue was more forgiving and faster for you than the g400 max.

and did i understand you correctly that he suggested traditional iron length shafts for your wedges, or just that he recommended your iron shaft length be shortened to traditional length?

this was a fun read!

Great read! Very interesting as well, especially the tipping. Did he ever consider soft stepping the x flex? Also, what's the length on your current irons, if he recommended going to a standard length? I guess I just assumed you had std length irons. I think you'll really like the rogue. I like the rogue sz, but just didn't feel it warranted spending all that money when it didn't really outperform my epic.

Awesome Josh! Was he fitting you on Trackman?

And I think the shaft profile is dead on... strong stiff to weak X range. I think you'll be happy with them.

Awesome Josh! Was he fitting you on Trackman?

And I think the shaft profile is dead on... strong stiff to weak X range. I think you'll be happy with them.

Nah, he uses Flightscope.

Nah, he uses Flightscope.

Ahh ok... still a doppler setup though. Alot of people get a little disheartened when they see their clubspeed on a doppler LM because it reads true club speed, where systems like the GC2 read ball speed, and calculate club speed based off a 1.45 smash factor.

Ahh ok... still a doppler setup though. Alot of people get a little disheartened when they see their clubspeed on a doppler LM because it reads true club speed, where systems like the GC2 read ball speed, and calculate club speed based off a 1.45 smash factor.

Ahh that makes sense and I was on a GC2 regularly at Golf Mart in Seaside. Now I’m on a mission to get the speed up!

love it dude! enjoy those new beauties when they come in!

Ahh that makes sense and I was on a GC2 regularly at Golf Mart in Seaside. Now I’m on a mission to get the speed up!

You hit the ball plenty far man. Just be on a mission to play the best golf you can and enjoy. :D

Oh, and send me a text when you get a chance. New phone and lost all my contacts.

Great read! Very interesting as well, especially the tipping. Did he ever consider soft stepping the x flex? Also, what's the length on your current irons, if he recommended going to a standard length? I guess I just assumed you had std length irons. I think you'll really like the rogue. I like the rogue sz, but just didn't feel it warranted spending all that money when it didn't really outperform my epic.

Thanks! He didn’t mention soft stepping, but I may ask him about it since I have those DG Tour Issue X flex headed my way. And the P790s are longer from 4-7 so he recommended traditional length from 4-PW. As far as the Rogue goes, I think I can make it work for me so that change isn’t a big deal!

You hit the ball plenty far man. Just be on a mission to play the best golf you can and enjoy. :D

No doubt brotha! Definitely going to be enjoying some mountain golf this weekend!!!

That depends on whether HMT is involved or their newer models (Quad, Overhead, etc) do not. Direct impact information.
I would argue that all use calculations, because while doppler might follow, it does not capture image at impact.

That depends on whether HMT is involved or their newer models (Quad, Overhead, etc) do not. Direct impact information.
I would argue that all use calculations, because while doppler might follow, it does not capture image at impact.

Could be. But most if not all of the retail stores we're going in to using their monitors aren't paying for the HMT upgrade. Fact is, any CG2 I've been on always shows a smash factor of 1.45 when it's set on driver, so I'd see like 112 club speed and like 163 ball speed. But on Trackman, it'd be in the 108-109 club speed range, same ball speed, but 1.49-1.5 smash. If the ball speed numbers are the same, leads me to believe that's where the measurement point comes from. And I'm sure there are some calculations that are done on any system out there. Was just explaining to Mr. ClubHo why his speed numbers were down from what he's used to. :D

Could be. But most if not all of the retail stores we're going in to using their monitors aren't paying for the HMT upgrade. Fact is, any CG2 I've been on always shows a smash factor of 1.45 when it's set on driver, so I'd see like 112 club speed and like 163 ball speed. But on Trackman, it'd be in the 108-109 club speed range, same ball speed, but 1.49-1.5 smash. If the ball speed numbers are the same, leads me to believe that's where the measurement point comes from. And I'm sure there are some calculations that are done on any system out there. Was just explaining to Mr. ClubHo why his speed numbers were down from what he's used to. :D

I would say honestly there is no way to know which is right? Because doppler systems have no camera to measure smash factor. It is why so many are switching over to the camera based systems currently. Because that impact specific shot has so much information. In the end, club head speed is not really all that important in terms of fitting however.

I would say honestly there is no way to know which is right? Because doppler systems have no camera to measure smash factor. It is why so many are switching over to the camera based systems currently. Because that impact specific shot has so much information. In the end, club head speed is not really all that important in terms of fitting however.

Agreed. Club speed isn't important in terms of fitting. But logic would lead you to believe that if one number is the same between the different systems, that would be what's actually measured. Atleast that's what it leads me to believe.

So josh do you normally swing that vertical or is it hand placement that requires irons and wedges to be bent that much upright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So josh do you normally swing that vertical or is it hand placement that requires irons and wedges to be bent that much upright?

I’ve been fighting that vertical downswing for as long as I can remember.

I’ve been fighting that vertical downswing for as long as I can remember.

Makes sense with your distances that you come down and compress the ball

I’ve been texting back and forth with Joe this morning. Let’s just say if I get these clubs built through him I’ll kick my own ass if I swap anything out!

I’ve been texting back and forth with Joe this morning. Let’s just say if I get these clubs built through him I’ll kick my own ass if I swap anything out!

I give it a month

I give it a month

Starting to think you’re a bot with how quick you are with that tired response

Starting to think you’re a bot with how quick you are with that tired response

Ok ok... 5 months? Or until new and shiny come out

It is definitely not cheap, but DO IT!
When I brought my previous irons built by Joe to a Club Champion fitting, the fitter looked it over and asked me, did Joe Kwok build this for you?
I guess the build was that good....

I think JH is going to stick with this setup for at least one year. Mark it.

Back