Honma Tour World TW737 Utility - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
During the spring of '17, THP Reviewed the TW737 UTc, which offered a more compact hybrid for players looking for more than just an easy to hit hybrid. That review can still be found right here https://www.thehackersparadise.com/honma-tour-world-tw737-utc-hybrid-review/

Fast forward to today, and we start the review process for the TW737 UT, which is a larger profile that is going to play more like that classic distance and forgiveness utility. Below are some in hand photos, and will add some other useful information throughout the day.

i-4k3DPRg-XL.jpg

i-RvwsgT8-XL.jpg

i-8Gx6XRb-XL.jpg

i-Wb7t73d-XL.jpg

i-cqnCp28-XL.jpg

i-BQrgjT2-XL.jpg

i-7BBcfKx-XL.jpg

i-7BBcfKx-XL.jpg

Almost bought one the other day - Went with the BeZeal -
Looking forward to your thoughts....

Last edited:
  • Staff
Honma is really good at illustrating the differences between the UT and the UTc

i-bBmCW8D-M.jpg

i-3KKCkD2-M.jpg

I'm excited to see your thoughts on this one Deano, I really enjoyed your review on the smaller model and got to experience how demanding it can be, betting this one has got some get up and go to it.

• Staff
Almost bought on the other day - Went with the BeZeal -
Looking forward to your thoughts....

Having hit the BeZeal, I think that's a better option for your game. Crazy good launch out of those.

Having hit the BeZeal, I think that's a better option for your game. Crazy good launch out of those.

We had some fun with the BeZeal last year, such a solid option.

• Staff
We had some fun with the BeZeal last year, such a solid option.

hands down one of the easiest to launch hybrid and fairway that I have ever hit.

Hey I recognize those pictures!

I wish I had taken a swing or two with this when we were out. I LOVED the smaller offering in this line, but more forgiveness in the 19 degree spot is never a bad thing.

• Staff
Hey I recognize those pictures!

I wish I had taken a swing or two with this when we were out. I LOVED the smaller offering in this line, but more forgiveness in the 19 degree spot is never a bad thing.

yeah it too bad the range was in the shape it was because I had GC2 ready to go. But that will have to wait a couple of days now. I don't really want to judge it based on the two swings I took on the course #UGLY

yeah it too bad the range was in the shape it was because I had GC2 ready to go. But that will have to wait a couple of days now. I don't really want to judge it based on the two swings I took on the course #UGLY

I'd be interested to see if it turns out that this thing just doesn't want to curve. For the most part you were aiming right and having everything come back but those balls just stayed out to the right.

Curious how this comes out. While we got demo heads, they still look pretty good. I liked the other one a lot.

A little side by side with the UTc. It makes this thing look huge!

c3b8ed9b82a9e6c2e2fa673ad01cc3a2.jpg

The utc was a ton of fun last year the bigger head is legit, I need to swing this one

Hit his on the monitor last night with a Q Star Tour and got some good numbers. Unfortunately I forgot my iPad at home today so will have to post some shots of them after. Was impressed by the ball speed I was getting, being around 130 fairly consistently. Not a massive drop off on shots that strayed away from center, as long as the contact was still good(not fat). When I hit it side by side with the UTc there is most definitely a difference in look(see above), feel, sound, and forgiveness. As you'd expect, this design is a bit larger with a deeper CG, so it should be all of those things. Where the UTc was dense/solid feel, this was more springy. Distance wise, it hit a number that I am comfortable with for a 3 hybrid for my game.

Definitely like the top lines of the UTc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've quite enjoyed this hybrid. Currently in the early process of testing two different 3 hybrids, and maybe it's because I have more time in with this one, but I have had a better experience with this one as of right now. I have been seeing good distances with it on the course, replacing the heavenwood gap for me. Fairly easy to elevate, although I've hit easier hybrids. Does a great job of holding it's line which is really nice for an amateur golfer like me.

Hit his on the monitor last night with a Q Star Tour and got some good numbers. Unfortunately I forgot my iPad at home today so will have to post some shots of them after. Was impressed by the ball speed I was getting, being around 130 fairly consistently. Not a massive drop off on shots that strayed away from center, as long as the contact was still good(not fat). When I hit it side by side with the UTc there is most definitely a difference in look(see above), feel, sound, and forgiveness. As you'd expect, this design is a bit larger with a deeper CG, so it should be all of those things. Where the UTc was dense/solid feel, this was more springy. Distance wise, it hit a number that I am comfortable with for a 3 hybrid for my game.

I could see the UT in the 3 spot, and the UTc in the 4 (or 4/5 if the gaps worked better for me) as a nice combo. The bigger hybrid for the shots I tend to hit off the tee, and the smaller one for out of the rough and into greens.

I could see the UT in the 3 spot, and the UTc in the 4 (or 4/5 if the gaps worked better for me) as a nice combo. The bigger hybrid for the shots I tend to hit off the tee, and the smaller one for out of the rough and into greens.

I hit them side by side, man there feel difference is evident. I wouldn't mind that UTC in the 5 hybrid spot. Even the 4 I think I'd go with the normal UT. Much less punishing for my game.

I hit them side by side, man there feel difference is evident. I wouldn't mind that UTC in the 5 hybrid spot. Even the 4 I think I'd go with the normal UT. Much less punishing for my game.

The UTc looks a bit more like my beloved Cleveland hybrid, so that might bias me a bit.

The UTc looks a bit more like my beloved Cleveland hybrid, so that might bias me a bit.

oh it definitely is the one that resembles that shape. But who are we kidding, you will and should never replace that club until it caves in and we have a proper funeral for it.

I think you should go with this setup to pair to your irons

I enjoyed this writeup, and I'm still kicking myself a bit for not taking a swing with it when I was out with ddec.

The ball speed numbers were impressive - within 5mph across strikes is nice to have, especially since most of the time you're taking something like this out of the bag you're trying to hit a number, whether it's off the tee or hitting into a green.

I enjoyed this writeup, and I'm still kicking myself a bit for not taking a swing with it when I was out with ddec.

The ball speed numbers were impressive - within 5mph across strikes is nice to have, especially since most of the time you're taking something like this out of the bag you're trying to hit a number, whether it's off the tee or hitting into a green.

Thanks man! I know you are quite the Honma fan.

Yeah the LM testing was pretty solid on it, but it kind of backed up what I saw on the course which is always nice. Even going back to times I've been fit with Trackman, I've been one that uses the tech more to back up what I am seeing instead of telling me what I should be seeing, if that makes sense. Data helps validate IMO. Of the two hybrids I have in for testing, this one is much more my prefrence as I write this post.

Thanks man! I know you are quite the Honma fan.

Yeah the LM testing was pretty solid on it, but it kind of backed up what I saw on the course which is always nice. Even going back to times I've been fit with Trackman, I've been one that uses the tech more to back up what I am seeing instead of telling me what I should be seeing, if that makes sense. Data helps validate IMO. Of the two hybrids I have in for testing, this one is much more my prefrence as I write this post.

The Tour World is a very, very, underrated line of clubs.

That's how I feel as well. When I was at club champion they made some tweaks with the driver based on LM numbers, and I recently switched back to the setup I came in with and I think I'm hitting the ball better. I think that's why I'm excited that we're seeing a lot more trial periods available from companies for that reason. I'm happier to just go out on course.

Back