Anyone have issues with Ping/Nippon AWT 2.0 shaft?

balls_deep

Reaction score
Handicap
+1
Hit the G400 irons into the sim yesterday with stiff AWT 2.0 shaft. Only had a chance to use the 7 iron as that was all they had for demo. Struggling with my current AP1 714 irons with XP 95 stiff. I was only getting 4800rpm backspin with my 7i which is weird since I thought the XP 95 was a high spin shaft. Hitting the G400 I was getting 6000rpm spin. Tried a few other clubs and shafts and they were all around the 4500-5000 mark as well. The Ping seemed far and away better for dispersion and spin. I'm a little apprehensive about progressive weight changes though as when my swing gets off kilter it is generally due to a quickened tempo. Does anyone have the AWT that can comment on whether or not they struggle to adjust through the set? And does anyone know how much actual change in weight there is through the set? This was my first "fitting". It was very casual as it was free. Found a well priced lightly used set of the same clubs and shafts near me which I'd like to pull the trigger on but the weights have me a bit nervous. 16 HC. Mid iron green accuracy is probably the weakest part of my game - usually end up near the green but not on. I generally shoot in the 80s. My work around the green is generally what saves my score. Looking to hit more GIRs to lower my scores. Thanks!

Back