Hybrids-Tried and tested favourite 'old' hybrid?

My WITB shows my trusty Ping i20 hybrid. It's got the look I want and the ball flight. It's reasonably forgiving for a hybrid as well. Love it and the Rip Alpha shaft that's in it. My only concern is someday it will break and I'll have to find a replacement

I use two Titleist 915 H-hybrids (3 & 4) and I really like them! Both can be adjusted both in lie and loft and they are very good performers for me. I had a tendency to hook my hybrids earlier but do not have the same issues with these.
I use the 3 at 21 degrees and the 4 fully cranked up to about 25,5 degrees

This guy right here. In the bag since December 2015 and haven't thought of replacing it once.

49bb7059668e8e5c01fea01b1bc3538e.jpg

This!!
This is coming from a person who is the worst fairway wood and hybrid player. Apex 4H is only club that I can hit straight. It’s even straighter than my putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mashies were awesome. I still have my M4.

R15 for me. The 4h is going nowhere anytime soon.

Also @c0ncept mentioned Mashies. I loved those things too! Such a hugely underappreciated club at this time (except by THP, at least).

I miss the Fly-Z hybrid the most out of any hybrid I've gamed. I had a 2/3 and a 3/4. Had the 2/3. Set to lower loft and used it off the tee and had the 3/4 set a bit higher in loft and used it as a true hybrid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am playing a Taylor Made Rescue 23 degree TP that I love. It is very consistent and there is an aiming line on the crown that frames the ball beautifully. I have been overhauling the bag of late but this bad boy ain't going no-where.

Being a JDM model you guys may not be familiar with this club, but I have not been able to find anything to knock this out of my bag.
2013 Romaro Ray Type R Utility 21 degree.
One of the holes at Cinnabar Hills, Canyon #8, which is about 200-210 yards with wind always into your face or sideways is my ultimate test hole for 4 hybrids.
Only club that pretty much matched the performance over the years is the Rogue 4h for me, but was not measurably better, so the Romaro stays in the bag...

I love my Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Hybrid. I have always hit that club well. I have been thinking about adding in a 5 hybrid as well.
For how cheap some of these Hybrids are going for I think it might be worth it to test a recommendation from above and see if I like it even more.

Taylormade Rescue Mid was amazing and stayed in the bag for a long long time

The last holdout from my Morgan Cup bag is my X2Hot hybrid. It's so good.

Playing an XR Steelhead right now, and like it a lot from the fairway.

I so miss the Mashies I had in the bag years ago...... such amazing hybrids.

Callaway Alpha 815 is LEGIT

I still like my RazrX hybrids from 2012.

Thanks for replies to date, a summary of your selections is listed below roughly in order of the no. of mentions....

Cleveland launcher DST/ Mashie +
Callaway Apex/ BB Alpha 815/XR Pro/ x2 Hot/Razr X/ XR Steelhead
Cobra Amp Cell/ Fly Z
Adams XTD Ti / V4/ Idea Black
Taylormade R15/ Rescue Mid/ Jetspeed 3
Ping i20/i25
Titleist 915H
Tour Edge Trilogy/X trail
Nickent 3DX Ironwood
Nike Covert
Wilson staff D200 (need shaft upgrade)
RomaRo Ray(Japan)

Thanks again

Ps Ive already bought the 2 Clevelands and a V4 Adams on the strength of this discussion.. Haha!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies to date, a summary of your selections is listed below roughly in order of the no. of mentions....

Cleveland launcher DST/ Mashie +
Callaway Apex/ BB Alpha 815/XR Pro/ x2 Hot/Razr X/ XR Steelhead
Cobra Amp Cell/ Fly Z
Adams XTD Ti / V4/ Idea Black
Taylormade R15/ Rescue Mid/ Jetspeed 3
Ping i20/i25
Titleist 915H
Tour Edge Trilogy/X trail
Nickent 3DX Ironwood
Nike Covert
Wilson staff D200 (need shaft upgrade)
RomaRo Ray(Japan)

Thanks again

Ps Ive already bought the 2 Clevelands and a V4 Adams on the strength of this discussion.. Haha!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Nice! Can't wait to see how it goes for you.

The Cleveland 588 is my all time favorite hybrid, and maybe my all time favorite club.

The Cleveland 588 is my all time favorite hybrid, and maybe my all time favorite club.

Even afrer Grandaddy you better not get rid of it. Have seen too many great shots with it.

Even afrer Grandaddy you better not get rid of it. Have seen too many great shots with it.

I'm going to keep that club until the face caves in.

Back