Hiding from the heat?

Yeah me & heat don't mix. As some of you may have noticed during a most recent outing. I would much prefer cooler temperatures to play in. I'm debating my retirement in Florida for that reason. What means more to me .... golfing or fishing? Dunno

Wasn't gonna play today but miraculously the forecast is for just 80°. Just minutes ago, there was zero perceptible humidity to boot...

FORE!!!

Best thing I do to "hide" from the heat is just stand in the shade if the tee box has any shade. Obvious to drink plenty of water/Gatorade during the round along with re-applying sunscreen and I bring a towel to wipe off sweat before I hit each shot just to stay as dry as possible.

my umbrella sees more sun than it ever does see rain. But yea I do not like heat and humidity. Anything near 90 and also humid let alone any temp higher than that and humid is just brutal. Id much prefer a 48 degree day. On the hot humid days Im pouring a bottle of ice water right over my head and down my neck and bak and front at most every cooler I come across. Its a brave task as it sends shivers through the body and my nuts shrink to raisin size but man does it cool you off and breathe some new life back in to you. The most annoying part is trying to keep my non glove hand dry. The sweat just drip down my arm and into the fingers and palm of my left had . Later half the round the club just slips out of that hand almost completely.

my umbrella sees more sun than it ever does see rain. But yea I do not like heat and humidity. Anything near 90 and also humid let alone any temp higher than that and humid is just brutal. Id much prefer a 48 degree day. On the hot humid days Im pouring a bottle of ice water right over my head and down my neck and bak and front at most every cooler I come across. Its a brave task as it sends shivers through the body and my nuts shrink to raisin size but man does it cool you off and breathe some new life back in to you. The most annoying part is trying to keep my non glove hand dry. The sweat just drip down my arm and into the fingers and palm of my left had . Later half the round the club just slips out of that hand almost completely.

as a lifelong human monsoon...it looks ridiculous, but sweatbands. I wear them when it is really hot and they help more than you would think.

I've experienced many different kinds of heat, from Arizona to Floribama to now Georgia, and it's all tolerable. Drink plenty of water, snack through the day, and you'll be OK.

I think that staying fit in a more general sense helps as well, especially if you carry a bag in the Summer.

Back