Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
max_irons_zps0mecntlr.jpg

The COBRA MAX irons are designed for the higher handicap golfer. An easy to hit set equipped with TechFlo. TechFlo utilizes half hallow technology in the longer irons increasing forgiveness, cavity back designs in the 8,9 and PW irons and a speciality wedge design to help you improve your score.

I played these today and was really impressed. Very easy to hit in a far more traditional package than the Bafflers that came before. Many internet golfers, even Cobra fans will dismiss these and go straight for the King line but that would be a mistake. For $599 these are a bargain and deserve a look.

6e43181d3966be8b681349abc46de20b.jpg
c9e7bff45d9dbc00d3ddd22a63aa8a77.jpg
1082b04d34f5b7092c1ad94b0a479d06.jpg

I played these today and was really impressed. Very easy to hit in a far more traditional package than the Bafflers that came before. Many internet golfers, even Cobra fans will dismiss these and go straight for the King line but that would be a mistake. For $599 these are a bargain and deserve a look.
at $599, what is the set configuration?

That price point isn't bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$599 is a bargain if that's like 5-GW.

I enjoyed the bafflers....thinking I would definitely enjoy these. Love me some GI/SGI irons that simply make the game easier. And these definitely look better than the Baffler XL's.

at $599, what is the set configuration?

4-GW, and the GW is much more traditional than you would expect in an SGI set like this. I added some in hand pictures.

Reminds me of the MPH4 (?) technology, but in a much nicer price range.

4-GW, according to the Cobra site. That's a really aggressive price.
Wow. This may sound odd to some, but if they could get these in Rickie's hands for just one photo shoot and put that picture in stores these would be hard to keep on shelves.

$599 is a bargain if that's like 5-GW.

I enjoyed the bafflers....thinking I would definitely enjoy these. Love me some GI/SGI irons that simply make the game easier. And these definitely look better than the Baffler XL's.

These for me are far better than the Bafflers. I was not a fan of the looks in the previous sets. These I could game easily.

These for me are far better than the Bafflers. I was not a fan of the looks in the previous sets. These I could game easily.

And the progressive set makeup is awesome, absolutely love that.

Wow. This may sound odd to some, but if they could get these in Rickie's hands for just one photo shoot and put that picture in stores these would be hard to keep on shelves.

I think you could be right. They will be passed over because they are not part of the King line but these are a terrific set, especially at this price point.

These look much better in the in hand pictures than the stock photos

I think you could be right. They will be passed over because they are not part of the King line but these are a terrific set, especially at this price point.
IMO the King line is still so new to the normal non THPer consumer lol to that guy, Rickie plays Cobra and he can get a brand new set of nice looking Cobras for hundreds less than anything else in the SGI category

These look much better in the in hand pictures than the stock photos

I thought so as well, I love the matte top line. They will not be confused for a players iron but they look really good in hand compared to many in the same category.

Love the actual pictures of the irons rather than the drawings. Love the backside of that wedge!

And the progressive set makeup is awesome, absolutely love that.
Just wait until you see the F6 in hand and hit them then....

These surprised me quite a bit. Price point wise, they are as solid a new release as I have seen in recent year.

Wow that's a solid pricepoint for those. Cobra has been making some very solid irons the past few years.

Great price point which could get some eyes on them for guys looking for forgiveness and not wanting to pay a lota lot

Wow,solid price point on a nice package set.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Recoils are an option however a pricey one. KBS Tours and Dynamic Golds are no charge options which is something I wasn't expecting and is another big plus with these in my book.

Recoils are an option however a pricey one. KBS Tours and Dynamic Golds are no charge options which is something I wasn't expecting and is another big plus with these in my book.

I'm assuming stock is that FST offering like other Cobras have had? If so those are decent free upgrades!

I'm assuming stock is that FST offering like other Cobras have had? If so those are decent free upgrades!

Yes, stock steel offering is a Cobra branded FST offering. It pairs and feels fine but it is also nice to have options.

If the FSTs are rebranded from their pro series then those are a very serviceable stock offering.

Back