2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work sets from last night on the primary lift. I need to work on some quirks here. I am not sure how to fix them. I need to seek out my coach for some advice.

Paging MM, we need your professional advice.

It has begun...a little late for 2015, but bring on 2016!
Man I have got to get back to lifting again myself... been too many years since I've been a gym rat

After weighted lunges tomorrow will be the day thats really hard to run.
The second day after leg day is the killer on me.

We switched it up and did legs last night and some forearm workouts. Forearms aren't all that important to me, but besides legs probably the most important muscles for a hitter so I know why he wanted to do them. Squats, weighted lunges, leg presses. I tried to run this morning and it didn't go all that well

Looking at the scale this morning, I am down 25 lbs since May. Not too shabby. Hope I can drop another 15lbs by June 2016.

Thats awesome Alex, great job :)

I bet you feel a lot better

Looking at the scale this morning, I am down 25 lbs since May. Not too shabby. Hope I can drop another 15lbs by June 2016.

Nice! Congrats and keep it going next year!

blu - re: Benching vid - is it camera angle, or is bar path on an angle up plus from toes to head? Could it be due to back arch and have to think more about pushing *down*? That's how it is for me, that plus keeping my wrists as dead straight as possible.

It's almost like you want to be close to the rerack at the top of your stroke. I have a much further (it's relative) distance to move from top of stroke to rack.

blu - re: Benching vid - is it camera angle, or is bar path on an angle up plus from toes to head? Could it be due to back arch and have to think more about pushing *down*? That's how it is for me, that plus keeping my wrists as dead straight as possible.

It's almost like you want to be close to the rerack at the top of your stroke. I have a much further (it's relative) distance to move from top of stroke to rack.
I do have some horizontal bar movement. There has to be in the bench press. The bar cannot move in a straight line and have functional shoulders. I try to have a strong arch and bring the bar down to the highest point in which it will hit hard tissue.

I may be going about it wrong, but I try to have tighter elbows on the decent, it takes some work away from the pecs, but protects my shoulders.

So it turns out I'm an easy gainer... at least when I eat like **** and skip workouts. The holidays aren't treating me very well, but I at least hit the gym today and did squats, presses, and cleans. Felt good to lift again, but I need to stop eating so poorly to counteract any progress. Only a few more workouts before A) people flood the gym for new years resolutions and B) my kid comes and I'm too exhausted to do anything.

Back to back workout days with the instructor.

Really pushed the cardio tonight with 2500 meters on the rowing machine. Did five 500 intervals with the goal of keeping each interval under 2 minutes.

The moved onto weights and medicine ball tosses.

Moved to deep lunges, concentrating on staying on a line on the floor and moving across the gym floor. Idea was to do lunges and continuing to work on balance. The balance while not great is steadily improving and should get better as long as I continue to work on it.

Whew. Quick video coaching from an SSC, Elite Level powerlifter, and professional strongman said my bench press form was pretty good.

I guess I can return that wheelchair.

Whew. Quick video coaching from an SSC, Elite Level powerlifter, and professional strongman said my bench press form was pretty good.

Nice blu! I'm working on getting in person coaching with a ssc here in Cleveland.

After weighted lunges tomorrow will be the day thats really hard to run.
The second day after leg day is the killer on me.

Got to run both days after legs to get that lactic acid out. My students and players look at me crazy after I tell them we are running after leg day.

Nice blu! I'm working on getting in person coaching with a ssc here in Cleveland.
Brodie is one of the best they have. Coaching isn't his full time job, but he makes time. I recommend it.

Got to run both days after legs to get that lactic acid out. My students and players look at me crazy after I tell them we are running after leg day.
"I can't squat, my legs are sore."

My favorite line from somebody just starting out.

Tell that dude he's full of sh!t!!!! An expert with many years experience said otherwise and assured us he wasn't kidding. I just don't know who to believe (facepalm)

Fine print........I knew you were fine

"I can't squat, my legs are sore."

My favorite line from somebody just starting out.
Been there said that once before I'm sure. Hate to hear what I said the second day after first time deadlifting

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Been there said that once before I'm sure. Hate to hear what I said the second day after first time deadlifting

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
"my uterus hurts."

- ;)

Tell that dude he's full of sh!t!!!! An expert with many years experience said otherwise and assured us he wasn't kidding. I just don't know who to believe (facepalm)

Fine print........I knew you were fine
Truth be told. I'm a sucker for good coaching and knowledge when it comes to strength training. If somebody sees something and makes a good case why it's a problem, I will listen.

Truth be told. I'm a sucker for good coaching and knowledge when it comes to strength training. If somebody sees something and makes a good case why it's a problem, I will listen.
Key word being IF! I won't goo down that route because frankly we all know the truth but anywho lol about that guy who couldn't squat because he was sore......yikes that was me. I'm a diva tho

Squats, bench, and my first power cleans tonight. We don't have bumper plates at my gym, so it was a bit awkward starting with the bar on top of some plates to get it at the right level. Did my work sets at 95 which is half my dead lift. Seemed to be a good starting point, but I think I might stay at that weight the next time to make sure I get the form better, then move up from there.

We travel Christmas eve, nothing will be open Christmas, so next workout might be Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back