One Amenity You Wish Your Course Had?

I want the short game area that Cog Hill has. It's unreal.

One of the older city courses here has a spectacular short game area that would be amazing to have at my disposal. For as much as I love my home course and the range, their short game area absolutely sucks.

I don't want to sound like a Richard, but there is nothing at my golf club (not country club) that I would change. Everything is currently outstanding.

Others who have played it with me want a beverage cart. It would detract from the experience, imho. Also, there are no signs that tell you what hole you are on, or a map, but you can grab a map from the golf shop, and the yardage is marked on stones at the tee boxes.

I discussed with the head pro about "comfort stations", but the response was "Well, if we did that, where would we stop? That would dilute the golf experience for the social experience." Which makes sense, given our Mission Statement.

Sorry for the long response.

Fairway bunker at the driving range. Though I've only seen this one time I think all courses should have one.

Fairway bunker at the driving range. Though I've only seen this one time I think all courses should have one.

The course that has hosted Wilson Staff the past two years has this, Highlands of Elgin...I think it is a really cool idea too!

I guess I have 2 "home" courses, since they are both very close. One doesn't have a range of any sort, much less a short-game practice area - those would be great to have. The other has a range, and a great layout, but doesn't have a good short-game practice area. The single biggest thing, though, is I wish they had a very key amenity - better pace of play. If I knew I could get a round in under 4 hours (would really love 3.5), I would play them a lot more.

I don't want to sound like a Richard, but there is nothing at my golf club (not country club) that I would change. Everything is currently outstanding.

Others who have played it with me want a beverage cart. It would detract from the experience, imho. Also, there are no signs that tell you what hole you are on, or a map, but you can grab a map from the golf shop, and the yardage is marked on stones at the tee boxes.

I discussed with the head pro about "comfort stations", but the response was "Well, if we did that, where would we stop? That would dilute the golf experience for the social experience." Which makes sense, given our Mission Statement.

Sorry for the long response.

When I saw you had posted, I couldn't imagine what you could have said. I have only had the privilege of playing a select few "top-flight" courses, and yours is right up there, including a great pace-of-play. I can see the beverage cart comment, more so when the heat really kicks-in, but other than that, it'd be a course I'd love to play as my primary venue.

The course that's closest to my house (but I'm not a member of) needs a driving range. They have the space to do it, but they lack the money to make one work.

I wish we had simulators

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comfort stations

-My home course needs improvements to the cart paths. Most are dirt or none at all.
-A fitting bay. They have a LM, but a dedicated fitting bay would be awesome.
-A large retractable wall on the entire west side of the course to block the wind.

I'd like to have a short game area. Something that has upwards of 60 yards to hit into a couple different greens and pins, with bunker surrounding.

That would be amazing.
The Forte in Indianapolis had this and i thought it was fantastic

Comfort stations

My Course needs a better practice facility......we have a nice putting green and a driving range...but the range just has flags at 50/100/150/200/250, I wish we had some actual greens for targets and a good short game area with a practice bunker.

I would kill for the short game area at Caledonia!

I also wish we had a locker room....there is an old one there from back in the day when it was an exclusive private club, but when it sold and went semi-private they turned it into a storage area.

In Cart GPS would also be very cool.

Benches near the tee boxes! I walk all the time and once in a while (especially on Men's Night) it is quite slow and you find yourself standing around a lot. Benches would be great!

It always amazes me how many course don't have benches anymore, when I was younger there was on on every tee box with sponsor signs on them...now you hardly ever see one.

A more serious commitment to maintaining the course

That would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice Areas, GPS carts, Water/Refreshment Stations, Ball Washers, Tee Box Markers...... you know, the basics.

I wish the course I played had a better snack shop. I have stated taking my son golfing and this really helps a the turn. I bring a lot for him now as their selection just isn't any good. The good thing is they have a great practice area.

Mine could use a little locker room.
It doesn't even need a shower, just a place that isn't a bathroom stall to change in.

I'd like to see a better short game practice area, and an overall better clubhouse restaurant.

BUNKERS!!!

Fairway bunker for practice or a hot tub.

GPS on carts and storm shelters. Both are being talked about.

power USB ports in the cart, and high cart girl sandards :bananadance:

Bunkers without rocks. Seriously need to be rebuilt.

Also a head pro with a personality and ability to carry on conversation with members. Things like saying "hello", would be a good start.

I played a course today with golf boards - I like that feature

A driving range. My home club is a pretty basic club, no range, minimal practice green. I wish there was a range and better putting green.
Yep, pretty sad but I'm in the same boat dude. My closest course has a putting green and that's it. Sucks

100 yard and in short game are where you can use your own balls and have green as the target. Pitching/chipping greens with practice bunkers.

Back