The Car Shopping Thread

Signed for a custom build on a Mercedes AMG C450 Thursday night, build is scheduled for the last week of May. The wait is going to suck, but I'm excited for it to get here.

b2519f7fb53fbba32a6d82a3e9ad4451.jpg
42c7177c8608cfad35aff74602517a7c.jpg
516533a2a0be7f4dc322a91fee0fc9b3.jpg
ccc420617ef19542b08d762f6ba683d2.jpg
b61e5c81b2c10707a39966464c26b23a.jpg

Love those seats, very nice. Holding out for the 2017 E. I do have to buy my soon to be 16 year old a car though and I looked at the 2016 x1 yesterday - much much much better car then the previous version.

Tesla III goes up for reservations late on the 31st. I have a priority slot and am thinking about exercising it. Only $1,000 to hold the spot but car delivery is maybe end of 2017 or later (they aren't very clear about it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla III goes up for reservations late on the 31st. I have a priority slot and am thinking about exercising it. Only $1,000 to hold the spot but car delivery is maybe end of 2017 or later (they aren't very clear about it).

The price out on that car is intriguing, my gut tells me it won't be out until mid-2018 though.

Signed for a custom build on a Mercedes AMG C450 Thursday night, build is scheduled for the last week of May. The wait is going to suck, but I'm excited for it to get here.

6a8b6da90844fc7dfc0940b53160a100.jpg
That's a sweet car! Nicely done!

He has dealerships up in NY too and I will never buy a car there just based on the commercials.
I used to work for him and he is a solid dude who treats his employees really well. Those stupid commercials bring TONS of people into his dealerships and more often than not, they say how much they hate the commercials.

I used to work for him and he is a solid dude who treats his employees really well. Those stupid commercials bring TONS of people into his dealerships and more often than not, they say how much they hate the commercials.

Those commercials as well as Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro's are burned into my brain from my four years up in syracuse.

The price out on that car is intriguing, my gut tells me it won't be out until mid-2018 though.

That's actually what I'm hoping for. Mid-2018 would be a perfect time for me to trade in my current car and also the time my fiancée's car will be ready for resale back to Tesla (they'll buy back your car after 3 years if you want). So the timing would be perfect.

6a8b6da90844fc7dfc0940b53160a100.jpg

Nice. Its a sweet car. I get to take all of them for a spin at some point or another.

Get the wheel and tire protection for it, average tire replacement on that car is $300 Plus
Add on the maintenance plan (if the change in lease payment makes sense)

Nice. Its a sweet car. I get to take all of them for a spin at some point or another.

Get the wheel and tire protection for it, average tire replacement on that car is $300 Plus
Add on the maintenance plan (if the change in lease payment makes sense)

Cannot recommend the wheel and tire package enough. AMG rims are pricy! And since my fiancée has never met a rim she didn't want to immediately drive into the nearest curb, every time I go in for service I get them to fix the rims.

Combined with a couple nails in the tires, the wheel and tire package has paid for itself 4-5x over.

With 2 girls ages 2½ & 5 years old, it was time....especially after the wife said she wants a third kid.

It should serve you well. Good luck!

The last 3 nights I've been building Maserati Ghibli's - been pondering this car for the past 18 months, it's inevitable, just haven't pulled the trigger.

I was hoping for more details on the Model 3 than came out yesterday. I'm not plopping down $1000 but I definitely could see the model 3 as my next car. Although it doesn't appear golf clubs will fit in the trunk that is a huge negative obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was hoping for more details on the Model 3 than came out yesterday. I'm not plopping down $1000 but I definitely could see the model 3 as my next car. Although it doesn't appear golf clubs will fit in the trunk that is a huge negative obviously.

it looks great, but they need to give us more. The part that gets me is I dont think we have the full pricing structure yet, but I do know their 30k car is not going to cost 30k.

I'm with you I am shocked at the amount of people willing to plop down the deposit for something without full details , a set pricing structure and a set build date. What if delays happen and it is 2019 before they start rolling out? What if with options you end up being at 48k? I think it is a great thing to see people jumping on electric though. That said the range is still far to much of a limiting factor for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

it looks great, but they need to give us more. The part that gets me is I dont think we have the full pricing structure yet, but I do know their 30k car is not going to cost 30k.
Agreed, 35k is great, but to get a car I like will it cost me 40? 50?

The reveal certainly didn't quite my interest, but no way am I dropping money on it until we have more details.

I'm with you I am shocked at the amount of people willing to plop down the deposit for something without full details , a set pricing structure and a set build date. What if delays happen and it is 2019 before they start rolling out? What if with options you end up being at 48k? I think it is a great thing to see people jumping on electric though. That said the range is still far to much of a limiting factor for me.

The range doesn't bother me much. I rarely drive 200 miles in a day, and my wife and I could swap if I needed to. Worse comes to worse I could swap with my parents. It shouldn't ever be a problem for me. It would just mean road trips in my wife's car.

The range doesn't bother me much. I rarely drive 200 miles in a day, and my wife and I could swap if I needed to. Worse comes to worse I could swap with my parents. It shouldn't ever be a problem for me. It would just mean road trips in my wife's car.
For me personally if I am dropping 40k on a car I am not swapping. I can spend that and get a very nice vehicle that has an unlimited range. I couldn't justify it unless everything else was 100x nicer. I think the biggest thing I see is many are viewing this as a 30k model s. This is a 30k Tesla (that will be more than 30). It remains to be seen how it fully compares to the model s.

To many questions for me but I will be interested to see where this goes and with a few improvements (supercharge stations)/clarifications I could see owning one some day.

Called an audible on my AMG order, changed it to Steel Grey instead of Polar White. White is too common, plus my current car is white so I'm ready for a change.

Will be bold with the dark grey exterior and brown interior, but hoping its looks good (haven't seen the combination in person). Everyone I've talked to says it won't look good, but I say they don't know what they're talking about haha.

b5bcafd35fcac98e51421b2e5d36f479.jpg
4ccf01c268235f83740d3ad3bd160668.jpg

The last 3 nights I've been building Maserati Ghibli's - been pondering this car for the past 18 months, it's inevitable, just haven't pulled the trigger.

Do it, awesome car!

Shotgun!

Called an audible on my AMG order, changed it to Steel Grey instead of Polar White. White is too common, plus my current car is white so I'm ready for a change.

Will be bold with the dark grey exterior and brown interior, but hoping its looks good (haven't seen the combination in person). Everyone I've talked to says it won't look good, but I say they don't know what they're talking about haha.

b5bcafd35fcac98e51421b2e5d36f479.jpg
4ccf01c268235f83740d3ad3bd160668.jpg

It won't look good, it will look GREAT!

Wife and I are sitting out back, sipping some wine and go over the pro and cons!!

Definitely read the reviews, if you haven't. Have heard plenty of negative things about the interior, but that's subjective and may not apply to you. A test drive should help you gauge your thoughts on that, although the reviews of the seats being uncomfortable may only read their head on longer drives...which a test drive won't reveal.

Back