Mark_UK and mr.hicksta descend on Salinas Fairways!

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
First things first, this is not a #THPcallout. It is, however, the first time I'll be teeing it up with a fellow THPer and I'm pretty excited about it! Mark and I agreed to get a round in at Salinas Fairways on 2/18 and we'll be getting started bright and early. It looks like we'll be getting a little rain tomorrow, which should cool things down around here for a day or two. Either way, I started this thread so I can toss up pics and whatnot as we make our way through the course. One thing is for sure...good times will be had by all!

Scorecard: https://www.greenskeeper.org/centra...po/Salinas_Fairways_Golf_Course/scorecard.cfm

0032_Salinas-020.jpg

Have fun out there. Will this be your maiden voyage with your new ClicGear 3.5+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun out there. Will this be your maiden voyage with your new ClicGear 3.5+?

Thanks and it won't! I took it out to Bayonet/Black Horse on 2/9 and was sucking wind by the back 9, haha! We're going to be walking on Thursday so it will be nice to take it out again. Salinas Fairways is a bit flatter than Bayo/BH so it shouldn't be too bad this time around.

Anything is better that having to carry your golf bag with everything in it for 18 holes.

Have a great time..looking forward to following along!

Anything is better that having to carry your golf bag with everything in it for 18 holes.

That is a fact! My back definitely appreciated it, but my dogs were barking after the round! I'm very happy with the purchase and plan on getting a lot of use out of it :D

Mark_UK and mr.hicksta descend on Salinas Fairways!

My wife is going to start playing with me. She played 27 holes in a cart at Steele Canyon yesterday. Before that, she's never done 18 before that, 9 holes at best. She now needs a cart because she said there's no way she'll ever carry her bag further then from the car to the range.

My wife is going to start playing with me. She played 27 holes in a cart at Steele Canyon yesterday. Before that, she's never done 18 before that, 9 holes at best. She now needs a cart because she said there's no way she'll ever carry her bag further then from the car to the range.

ClicGear 3.5+ in white with pink wheels, incoming!

Thanks and it won't! I took it out to Bayonet/Black Horse on 2/9 and was sucking wind by the back 9, haha! We're going to be walking on Thursday so it will be nice to take it out again. Salinas Fairways is a bit flatter than Bayo/BH so it shouldn't be too bad this time around.

That is a fact! My back definitely appreciated it, but my dogs were barking after the round! I'm very happy with the purchase and plan on getting a lot of use out of it :D

So, if you will be walking and your dogs will probably be barking, maybe you should play from the gold tees and shave some yards off the walking...:laughing:

Hit 'em straight. I'll be following along.

So, if you will be walking and your dogs will probably be barking, maybe you should play from the gold tees and shave some yards off the walking...:laughing:

Hit 'em straight. I'll be following along.

Hahaha! Easy now, it was only because I hadn't walked in years! I may have to look into that gold tees thing, though :D

I think Torrey Pines years ago may have been the last time I walked a course. Out here there are only a couple of courses I would walk, otherwise it's a cart.

I can't remember the last time I walked a course. I think Torrey Pines years ago may have been the last time. Out here there are only a couple of courses I would walk, otherwise it's a cart.

Yeah I rode when I played on Monday, but it only cost me $18 to play Bayonet/Black Horse walking so that CligGear 3.5+ was a worthwhile purchase. I may change my tune when summer rolls around!

Enjoy your round fellas!

Little wet out, but it's all good!

5eb20e430d059ba220e0f86d6ef17507.jpg

d2e5188d0a59b4d90c02177807e1e6e1.jpg

Little wet out, but it's all good!

5eb20e430d059ba220e0f86d6ef17507.jpg

d2e5188d0a59b4d90c02177807e1e6e1.jpg
I see you guys are bundled up. :alien:

As you have found out by now, Mark_UK has game. Have a blast guys!

Have fun fellas

I see you guys are bundled up. :alien:

As you have found out by now, Mark_UK has game. Have a blast guys!

Haha, yeah it was a bit windy and cold at first then it cleared up and then it rained for about 3 holes. All in all it was a good day and Mark is indeed the man!

Ah, so here's the thread. It was a good morning despite me desperately trying to remember just how you are supposed to swing a golf club LOL. Seeing you constantly outdrive me by 50 off yards was a little demoralizing, but apart from that, it was a blast! I'm off to golf mart to change my XR for a GBB so I'm only 25 yards behind next week LOL.

Ah, so here's the thread. It was a good morning despite me desperately trying to remember just how you are supposed to swing a golf club LOL. Seeing you constantly outdrive me by 50 off yards was a little demoralizing, but apart from that, it was a blast! I'm off to golf mart to change my XR for a GBB so I'm only 25 yards behind next week LOL.

Eureka! It was definitely a good time and I'm looking forward to the next round already. Go ahead and make that switch to the GBB :wink:

Great stuff guys!

It's just that much better playing with THPers...sounds like you guys had fun.

It's just that much better playing with THPers...sounds like you guys had fun.

Yessir, it was a good time! I usually play by myself or another random golfer so it was a welcome change of pace. As you can see, Mark is ready to exchange his XR 16 driver for a GBB after seeing some of the magic it's capable of producing :D

Last edited:
Glad to see THPers get out on the course.

Yessir, it was a good time! I usually play by myself or another random golfer so it was a welcome change of pace. As you can see, Mark is ready to exchange his XR 16 driver for a GBB after seeing some of the magic it's capable of producing :D

To be fair, I don't think it would make much difference what club I used, I'd still be way behind you. Although, I still claim that shaft sticker was putting me off LOL.

Back