Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

Updates on this JB? I want to hear more about that fantastic looking green head

That green...wow!

That is fantastic. So many drivers have my interest this year. I think I say that every year since joining THP though.

More on course testing this morning and will update the thread this afternoon.

Nice, looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure I'll be bagging a Cobra driver next season, just trying to decide which.

Do you have any experience with the Fly-Z+ to compare? I realize the Fly-Z+ is more like the F6 not the F6+, but it would still be interesting to hear.

More pictures of that fantastic looking head Erik!

More pictures of that fantastic looking head Erik!
Like this?:

b32be88874c7412633df491856724beb.jpg
1087ca418231b91f7e1f48f2f3f09c00.jpg
fad38e45e4b6962f81ebd58f0b6a20ff.jpg

I had a lot of fun with this over the last few days. Low spin monster for sure. I really should play it at 12* to get the most out of it. Even with the driver set at 10.5* in the "towering" setting, I was getting more of a low to mid ball flight and certainly a low ball flight in the "penetrating" setting. That should be expected with the Matrix Black Tie as the engine but I am a very high spin player and still had trouble getting the flight where I wanted it. I was getting very solid distance however and enough forgivness that I could game this for sure. Especially once I get fit for the right shaft and settings. The club looks terrific. I love the silver/grey with the green but as always Cobra seems to have a color scheme that should fit anyone's taste.

Very interested in comparison of this vs king ltd. I hope it's a bit heavier head than the ltd and just as forgiving. That would be a monster

Very interested in comparison of this vs king ltd. I hope it's a bit heavier head than the ltd and just as forgiving. That would be a monster

I am not a fan of the sound of the King LTD. I preferred the F6+ and hit them both the last few days. I like the stock shaft in the King LTD quite a bit more.

Don't know why but I was thinking black and green. Really stands out in the outdoors...thanks for the pics!

I am not a fan of the sound of the King LTD. I preferred the F6+ and hit them both the last few days.
I've heard that a bunch lately. Would you say the LTD is too muted/quiet for you?

I've heard that a bunch lately. Would you say the LTD is too muted/quiet for you?
Exactly. I thought I would be ok with that and could get used to it but with so many options there is no need to.

I like the muted sound of the King. And am hesitant to pull trigger on the f6 plus because I read the sound is different. I am going to go the f6 route.

The sound on the LTD is definitely in the quieter side. I'm pretty excited to see more feedback come in on comparisons between the two and can't wait to hit the F6's. I'm surprised by how low of spin you are getting. I'm a very high spin guy also and this may be right up my alley. As great as it is having all of these awesome driver options it could really wreak havoc on the checkbook!

It really looks good in person. Pix don't do it justice as it is a cloudy day here.

oh man that is nice to hear because I really like that look. Can't wait to hear your thoughts as iirc we shared similar thoughts/feelings on the fly z line.

Howzat, did you get a chance to hit the Ltd and F6+ enough to compare the level of forgiveness of each?

I like the muted sound of the King. And am hesitant to pull trigger on the f6 plus because I read the sound is different. I am going to go the f6 route.

i'm in the same boat. i absolutely LOVE the sound(or lack thereof) of the LTD. if the sound is "hotter" on the f6/f6+, that would be a near dealbreaker for me...unless there is a drastic improvement in performance.

guess i'm more old skool in liking a more muted sounding driver.

i'm in the same boat. i absolutely LOVE the sound(or lack thereof) of the LTD. if the sound is "hotter" on the f6/f6+, that would be a near dealbreaker for me...unless there is a drastic improvement in performance.

guess i'm more old skool in liking a more muted sounding driver.
Ditto. I like the performance of my G30, but it's godawfully loud to me. Others love it.

that was the tie-breaker for me this past summer between the g30 and fly z. the g30 was ever-so-slightly more forgiving for me with the fly z being just a touch longer on solid strikes. so the fly z won out for me on looks and primarily sound...it also didn't hurt that the fly z had the tour blue as a no charge upgrade.

Back