2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weighed in yesterday morning at 196 which was just 2 lbs gained on vacation. That's fantastic. Lots of waking counteracted the food and drink!

Decided to jump back in after 28 years...didn't go all fancy but signed up the family at our rec center. Pretty good deal and can get us all together for some fun and pain.

Going in slow until I get my first physical next month. A close call last month and opened my eyes. You guys are rocking it and hope to see improvement myself. The diet part is going to be the hardest part.

It's much easier than you think. If you're that devoted, always remember that six packs are made in the kitchen and not the gym.
Decided to jump back in after 28 years...didn't go all fancy but signed up the family at our rec center. Pretty good deal and can get us all together for some fun and pain.

Going in slow until I get my first physical next month. A close call last month and opened my eyes. You guys are rocking it and hope to see improvement myself. The diet part is going to be the hardest part.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Only down 1.5 pounds this past week, a bit disappointing, but now at 58 pounds total. Would love to hit that 60 mark by Monday of next week, but I know it will be tough with the holidays.

Only down 1.5 pounds this past week, a bit disappointing, but now at 58 pounds total. Would love to hit that 60 mark by Monday of next week, but I know it will be tough with the holidays.

Nice buddy. I added to the loss column this past week as well, which was a great rebound after the Grandaddy week. My goal of being under 190 for January 1st is well in sight. Like you, this week could be tough with the holidays.

Nice buddy. I added to the loss column this past week as well, which was a great rebound after the Grandaddy week. My goal of being under 190 for January 1st is well in sight. Like you, this week could be tough with the holidays.

I have stayed put and its driving me crazy.
This week we went out twice, which has something to do with it of course, but 185 is firmly in my sights and I dont see not getting there.
#Machines #OnlyFourCamerasOnUs

I have stayed put and its driving me crazy.
This week we went out twice, which has something to do with it of course, but 185 is firmly in my sights and I dont see not getting there.
#Machines #OnlyFourCamerasOnUs

it's happening. No doubt in my mind.

it's happening. No doubt in my mind.

Do you think they will confuse us for Kate Moss being so thin and non-revolting?

Do you think they will confuse us for Kate Moss being so thin and non-revolting?

it's got to be better than confusing us for Susan Boyle

My daughter and I got in our last workout before xmas ... I was so tired from the start of the class ... did not eat lunch or dinner or drink a lot of water ... bad strategy ... still hit my goal number for the class, but I felt like my ass was dragging the whole 56 minutes ...

For the OT folks, I think there is a weight loss challenge coming up in a couple of weeks ... my daughter signed us up, so I am not sure all the details.

I plan to go for a long walk and try to bang out 40 push-ups about an hour before dinner. We're having torta panqueque which is basically a stack of crepes with ham and cheese and olives and other savory things within. I'm definitely going to need the little metabolism bump.

I plan to go for a long walk and try to bang out 40 push-ups about an hour before dinner. We're having torta panqueque which is basically a stack of crepes with ham and cheese and olives and other savory things within. I'm definitely going to need the little metabolism bump.

Oh so jealous. My wife usually makes beef ones. I don't think I have had torta ones but will ask if she can make them

Here's one of em. I make one with just veggies for when I get tired of the meat.

a857731fcbe7315aa9c339c7011adef0.jpg

Oh so jealous. My wife usually makes beef ones. I don't think I have had torta ones but will ask if she can make them

Damn it!! I looked at the phone with all the mojo I could, willing the txt not come ... but it did ... got to work out with my daughter at 5:00 ... my butt is dragging!

Ever have one of those days, were the last thing you want to do is work out ... however, I will be glad once the class over ...

Edit: I am glad I went, but 13 calories off my goal number ...

Last edited:
I gained a pound in the 10 days I have been home. I will take it. I will be heading back tomorrow morning and then it is back to business as usual. Going to do the Advocare 24 day challenge with a buddy starting 1/4 to kickstart me back in the right direction. I still have about 25-30 more to go before I am at my ultimate goal. The first 55+ have been challenging, but I know going forward it is going to be even harder.

All is good here. Looks like the next weigh in should have me in to the 180's. I think that will be a first in just about 2 years. Need to lose 5-6 more lbs to hit that sub 185 mark for the PGA Show.

All is good here. Looks like the next weigh in should have me in to the 180's. I think that will be a first in just about 2 years. Need to lose 5-6 more lbs to hit that sub 185 mark for the PGA Show.

Yes!
Combined we hit 370 or less at the show.

Yes!
Combined we hit 370 or less at the show.

yes sir. It's been working. 4 weeks to lose 5. It can and will be done.

yes sir. It's been working. 4 weeks to lose 5. It can and will be done.

I have been really stagnant as of late. Down a pound, even, etc.
I will power through it though. 185 or bust. My plan is to be 175 by the time of Club Clash.

I have been really stagnant as of late. Down a pound, even, etc.
I will power through it though. 185 or bust. My plan is to be 175 by the time of Club Clash.

I can get down with that # for CC. Let me hit this number 1st and then go from there.

only have one pound to go to hit 240 pounds by Jan 1st. 240 pounds will put me at 160 pound weight loss. feeling great and timing is getting much better with golf swing. one of my biggest thrills about my weight loss......fitting into my high school letterman jacket from 1977.... I will post a pic here when I get my tech skills up to date...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back