2016 Hyundai Tournament of Champions Thread (Spoilers)

congrats to Jordan

Just domination from the get go. There's going to be a lot of great golf this year!

This is the closest thing we've seen to Tiger in his prime. Great way to start the year for Spieth.

Jordan. Freaking. Spieth. Dude is a machine.

That will give him a little room at the top for now

This is the closest thing we've seen to Tiger in his prime. Great way to start the year for Spieth.
I want to see the same mental game that young Tiger had.

Good grief! I wonder how this kid is ever going to lose a tournament playing like that.

It feels so much different though. Tiger blitzed the field in his early days. JS seems to just... Win.

It feels so much different though. Tiger blitzed the field in his early days. JS seems to just... Win.

An 8 shot win this weekend was fairly dominant though.

And while Tiger went on a ridiculous tear, JS doesn't seem to have a 'Richard' mode.

Starting 2016 off with a BANG!!!

I want to see the same mental game that young Tiger had.

Agree that it doesn't feel the same. If tiger was at all in contention you thought he'd win. I am not sure if I feel that way about Spieth just yet.

Wow -30 and 8 strokes clear, pretty boss right there

Time for the other young guns to answer. Frig, this is going go be a good year to be a golf fan.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Brooks Koepka looked pretty solid too.

Time for the other young guns to answer. Frig, this is going go be a good year to be a golf fan.

Yes, yes it is. I hope to say a lot of Jason Day in the mix as well.
Brooks Koepka looked pretty solid too.
Koepka looks solid, I expect him to get some wins this year.

Agree that it doesn't feel the same. If tiger was at all in contention you thought he'd win. I am not sure if I feel that way about Spieth just yet.

It will come, you'll see :)

An 8 shot win this weekend was fairly dominant though.

I didn't say anything about dominance, just the way he goes about winning. Collected the whole way. No crazy mood swings. His wins are often very smooth. Not overpowering the field.

And while Tiger went on a ridiculous tear, JS doesn't seem to have a 'Richard' mode.

haha I don't think it's possible. His backstory, and the grounded nature of having a family member with special needs, might be enough to keep him sensible.

haha, I was pretty confident about the win after round three this weekend, but I see what you're saying. I remember people talking about Tiger being completely untouchable when he was on. It was a discussion all the time.

His demeanor on the course is desirable. Never too excited, never too down on himself.

He exudes confidence

Rory and Spieth are both in the field in Abu Dhabi in a couple of weeks. Get your popcorn ready.

I didn't say anything about dominance, just the way he goes about winning. Collected the whole way. No crazy mood swings. His wins are often very smooth. Not overpowering the field.

Ahh, then yes I agree 100%

Rory and Spieth are both in the field in Abu Dhabi in a couple of weeks. Get your popcorn ready.

That is going to be a fun one to watch.

Back