2016 Callaway Chrome Soft Review Thread

I played this on the back nine today. Theses check up great on the greens, with pitches and chips. I do like the way they putt, feel is good off the 2135 1.0

I hit a house, retaining wall, and a hearty palm tree and mine held up just fine.

Mine mainly landed pretty softly in the water. Although I came pretty close to hitting a duck

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

a little cross-post here from another 2016 ball thread. i picked up a sleeve of 2016 chrome soft to compare to b330-s and -rxs, as well as '15 chrome soft.

my initial impression of the 2016 chrome soft is that they went firmer in feeling, and i don't like it as much. it wasn't spinning enough around the greens, and while it's still a softer ball off the putter, i preferred the feeling of 2015. some on-the-course testing will happen this weekend.

my initial impression of the 2016 chrome soft is that they went firmer in feeling, and i don't like it as much. it wasn't spinning enough around the greens.

Interesting thoughts here. Generally speaking the opposite is true.

Interesting thoughts here. Generally speaking the opposite is true.

feel =\= real, right? I'm looking forward to some real world testing, not AstroTurf and shag carpet testing haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feel =\= real, right? I'm looking forward to some real world testing, not AstroTurf and shag carpet testing haha

Sorry, what I meant with the generally speaking comment was that firmer would equal more greenside spin as the layers create friction.

Sorry, what I meant with the generally speaking comment was that firmer would equal more greenside spin as the layers create friction.

to be fair, i haven't compared side-by-side '15 to '16 models. i was comparing the '16 cs to another brand's higher spin ball designed for amateur swing speeds. and the bolded part is why i think i was fit into a higher compression ball, even though my ss isn't fast enough. i need spin, so firmer is better for me. i think...

Played this on the back 9 today. It is good all around, felt good off the driver, great off the wedges and putter. Thinking this will be my gamer for the year, but want to try the B-330RX which will be in hand on Monday.

I got a sleeve of these and the true-vis '15 versions.
Honestly I like the Supersoft better, sure there will be all kinds of fancy things going on giving me less spin on long shots and more on the short greenside ones. I just didn't notice it.

Both the supersoft and the chromesoft spin about 2200-2300 on the driver, both spin >9000 on my gap wedge. Both feel nice while putting, it's just that the chromesoft is about twice as expensive. It doesn't last longer, I can't find them easier in semi or full rough.

So for me: not worth the upgrade, if any :)

Played 36 holes with 2016 version today. Hit 2 cart paths, and it looked fine when I got done. Like the feel off the putter and the way it checks up.

I loved the old version but loving the new one even more. Ive gained a little extra distance and it feels great off all clubs. I managed to get one to hole 15 of its 4th round before it split.

920e86bc857ee5b674240fe97864384e.jpg

Truvis yellow coming soon.

I loved the old version but loving the new one even more. Ive gained a little extra distance and it feels great off all clubs. I managed to get one to hole 15 of its 4th round before it split.

Split? Did it just split the scene or the ball actually split open?

920e86bc857ee5b674240fe97864384e.jpg

Truvis yellow coming soon.

I will own at least one pack of those. After playing with the white/red version it might be my new favorite thing. I need to find some of those pink truvis ones they brought out of the 2015 version.

I will own at least one pack of those. After playing with the white/red version it might be my new favorite thing. I need to find some of those pink truvis ones they brought out of the 2015 version.

I'll probably get a sleeve of the yellow ones, I haven't tried out any of the Truvis yet.

I'll probably get a sleeve of the yellow ones, I haven't tried out any of the Truvis yet.

They are kinda strange at first, but I love them now.

I need some Truvis yellow ASAP!!!

Oh man, cant wait to pick up a box of the yellow Truvis. Such a fantastic ball.

I have yet to try this ball but I love reading the comments and feedback from everyone. I used the 2015 version all of last year and it was a great ball all the way around. Once conditions get a little bit closer to normal around here I'll be grabbing some of these. I don't know about the Truvis yet, I had a dozen last year and happen to be playing like crap, so of course I blame the ball! Ha! Yellow Truvis....HMMMMMM, idk!

I've played a few rounds of 2 ball with the new ball vs the 2015 ball, the new ball has been consistently 7-10 yards longer off the tee, Irons are roughly the same, negligible distant difference at best. I like the slightly firmer feel, especially off the tee, it holds a great line in crappy spring conditions, over all, for my game, they made a fantastic ball, even better.

2016 Callaway Chrome Soft Review Thread

A member of the CC I got paired up with on Saturday had a few in his bag. The color combo pops. Sorry couldn't get a close up of the ball

8b48e1854ee4764a034c8eaf9a2ed917.jpg

How does the 2016 Chromesoft compare to the 2016 B330RX(S) in compression and spin? Is the CS between the B330RX and B330RXS with regards to spin? I hope to hit them side-by-side on a launch monitor but haven't had the chance yet. My swing-speed isn't tremendous (mid-upper 90's) and I'm trying to decide which would be best for my game. Anyone else?

A member of the CC I got paired up with on Saturday had a few in his bag. The color combo pops. Sorry couldn't get a close up of the ball

8b48e1854ee4764a034c8eaf9a2ed917.jpg

I like that a lot.

I amazed how much roll out these get and yet stop on a green reasonably well.

How does the 2016 Chromesoft compare to the 2016 B330RX(S) in compression and spin? Is the CS between the B330RX and B330RXS with regards to spin? I hope to hit them side-by-side on a launch monitor but haven't had the chance yet. My swing-speed isn't tremendous (mid-upper 90's) and I'm trying to decide which would be best for my game. Anyone else?

That would be fantastic to hear your results. I look forward to that info.
These same three I will be testing also starting with putting, chipping and working back to the tee. Unfortunately I won't be seeing the course until May, if I'm lucky.

Back