Your Cold Winter Day Go-To

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
So for those of us not living in Florida, we either deal with the occasional cold spell, or for some silly reason endure winters that last for months. After freezing your tookus off outdoors, what meal do you look forward to to jump start the warming up process? For some it may be a particular soup, for others, something else entirely.

For me, a nice hearty chicken pot pie is something I always look forward to after spending a day outside in the cold.

What about you?

Good topic, some go to's for us.

Homemade Chili
Panera's Black Bean Soup in a bread bowl
A good Pot Pie, the frozen ones from Stouffers and Marie Calander are actually very good.

I love a pasty or shepherd's pie on a cold day.

Pho all day

Chili is a great option! I also like my wife's homemade bread bowls with broccoli and cheese soup!

Good topic, some go to's for us.

Homemade Chili
A good Pot Pie, the frozen ones from Stouffers and Marie Calander are actually very good.
I love Marie Calendars chicken pot pies. They're delicious.

As for me if I have my say, give me some chili in a bread bowl or tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Taco Soup with Hatch Green Chiles

I do a spicy butter chicken with cauliflower, lemon cilantro rice, naan bread.

Piping hot, man it is good.

Anything that has been in the crockpot all day.

Homemade Chili
All great choices. I have the MC pot pie with me for lunch today at work. I think I'm going to suggest Panera to the wife for dinner tonight and grab me some black bean soup now too!

Pho all day
Man, I am so with you. I may have to add that to my Masters Dinner menu too!

I haven't seen a bad choice in any of the posts yet! Now I'm getting really hungry.

All great choices. I have the MC pot pie with me for lunch today at work. I think I'm going to suggest Panera to the wife for dinner tonight and grab me some black bean soup now too!

Man, I am so with you. I may have to add that to my Masters Dinner menu too!

I haven't seen a bad choice in any of the posts yet! Now I'm getting really hungry.
Panera only has the Black Bean soup a few nights a week. But you are in luck, Thursday is one of them!!

My go to is grilled cheese and tomato soup. Chili would be a close second.

Maryland crab soup or some good chili

Chili is great, or a nice potato soup

Grill Cheese Sandwich.

Though, honestly, a nice coffee and a fresh muffin or donut is preferred.

For me, it is just something as simple as a bowl of tomato soup with some nice fresh crusty bread

Soup and grilled cheese is always good!

Chili is the way to go for me. Drink wise I love me some Moscow Mules.

I eat chili when it's cold and hot cocoa mixed in my coffee for my morning warm up.

Hard to argue with chili, that always seems to warm things up!

Agreed. Chili is my go to on cold days.

One that I grew up with was creamed chipped beef over a baked potato.

My wife makes a homemade vegetable soup that you can almost eat with the fork. I love it after a cold day outside!

Back