XCaliber Superlite 45 Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excel review Dean! These will definitely be getting a look from me.

Dean, Dean, the Dancing Machine.

Well done buddy, this one honestly intrigues the hell out of me with the numbers you saw out of testing, I was predicting one thing but what I saw at the gathering was the total opposite.

Dean, Dean, the Dancing Machine.

Well done buddy, this one honestly intrigues the hell out of me with the numbers you saw out of testing, I was predicting one thing but what I saw at the gathering was the total opposite.

I predicted it would snap in yours or gunners hands. It did not.

Nice review, Dean - this one was interesting to talk about a bit when we were playing the other day. I wish I had taken a swing, but given I'd just gotten the custom shaft in the bag that was what I went to. I play my best when I'm swinging smoothly, but also am known to hit a high ball, so something lighter that isn't high launch, high spin is intriguing.

Nice review, Dean - this one was interesting to talk about a bit when we were playing the other day. I wish I had taken a swing, but given I'd just gotten the custom shaft in the bag that was what I went to. I play my best when I'm swinging smoothly, but also am known to hit a high ball, so something lighter that isn't high launch, high spin is intriguing.

what was disappointing was how I hit it Sunday with you. Whereas on Saturday I was hitting it extremely well with @o'carroll. Hit it ok down in Florida too, even on Sunday with a jacked up back. Not @jman distances, but at times I was in his neighborhood which is good because normally I'm in a different zip code from him. Tempo issues will plaque me with a lot of shafts out there, it's me not the shaft(CRAZY RIGHT?), but there were times when my adrenaline is going and I can't control tempo as much as I want, and at those times things were not good. But I'll tell you what, this is a shaft that I probably won't ignore from here on out because it didn't do anything crazy to my spin, and while my launch is always high, I still got good numbers out of it for me.

what was disappointing was how I hit it Sunday with you. Whereas on Saturday I was hitting it extremely well with @o'carroll. Hit it ok down in Florida too, even on Sunday with a jacked up back. Not @jman distances, but at times I was in his neighborhood which is good because normally I'm in a different zip code from him. Tempo issues will plaque me with a lot of shafts out there, it's me not the shaft(CRAZY RIGHT?), but there were times when my adrenaline is going and I can't control tempo as much as I want, and at those times things were not good. But I'll tell you what, this is a shaft that I probably won't ignore from here on out because it didn't do anything crazy to my spin, and while my launch is always high, I still got good numbers out of it for me.

So ddec, I have the same issue - Slower Speed but I get fast and can't control the Tempo.
I've found the V2 to handles my quick tempo pretty well.

My question is that there is a lot of "Average" Golfers out there with the same issue.
Do you think that lighter shafts (in the 40g range) will get to a point where manufactures will be able to stiffen the Butt and Tip sections to handle the fast tempo swinger?

So ddec, I have the same issue - Slower Speed but I get fast and can't control the Tempo.
I've found the V2 to handles my quick tempo pretty well.

My question is that there is a lot of "Average" Golfers out there with the same issue.
Do you think that lighter shafts (in the 40g range) will get to a point where manufactures will be able to stiffen the Butt and Tip sections to handle the fast tempo swinger?

Yes I do. You've seen me swing, I have pretty much zero transition at the top and it worked more times than not. Just because it's light doesn't mean it can't be strong. I'm of the belief its not the material, for me it was a combo of the weight and my faults.

Great review. I have very hard transition and sometimes violently. I don’t think this shaft is cut out for me, but I know plenty of guys that this would work wonders for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put this in play again on Saturday and hit some incredible drives. Been working it a bit on my takeaway and trying to soften up my transition, so I figured this was a good one to throw in for that purpose.

Back