JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have some similar and even a pizza oven thread, but thought this thread could be fun for those making their own, sharing ideas, etc.

Bummed cause a low to zero carb diet basically excludes me from this convo. Lol. Has anyone made the cauliflower crust pizzas I’ve heard about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Bummed cause a low to zero carb diet basically excludes me from this convo. Lol. Has anyone made the cauliflower crust pizzas I’ve heard about?

I have.
Not great, but good enough to get by when necessary.

I have.
Not great, but good enough to get by when necessary.

Lol basically what I was expecting to hear. But sometimes you have the need for something similar

Has anyone tried pizza stones on a hot grill vs the oven? What were your results? My grill can get up to 700* so I’m thinking I could get closer to a Neapolitan style that way?

• Admin
Has anyone tried pizza stones on a hot grill vs the oven? What were your results? My grill can get up to 700* so I’m thinking I could get closer to a Neapolitan style that way?

Definitely. Used them in the oven as well as on our grill before getting a pizza oven.
They work great, especially for even heating.

I made some recently for the first time with a recipe. I was shocked at how damn good it was. If you are making it yourself, you absolutely have to squeeze most of the water out of the cauliflower, and you have to cook the crust before putting toppings on it. I put a 1/2 cup of parmesan in mine. It was really amazing.

I use them on the grill & in the oven. They work great. Seems to be better on the grill for some reason. I let it heat up for a bit before I put the stone on

I got one in the freezer for the same reason.

The low and slow brisket from yesterday made for great homemade pizzas today.

b0ad8e78107b90703b892bf669f99a97.jpg

We make homemade pizza using store bought crust mix which is ok when you add some seasoning. I really need to start making my own crust. Maybe next weekend will be a complete from scratch pizza experiment.

We use a pizza stone in the oven for our homemade pizza and it works awesome.

Bought a few from Costco. They’re alright, not terrible. It’s different but depending on what type of crust you usually have, the differences in nutrition can be huge.

I got my seer burner for my grill working again (well, it started working, I didn’t do anything). So I’m excited to try out my new dough recipe since I think I’ve needed more heat on the pizza stone. Had been getting up to about 600* and really needed it closer to 700* or 800*.

We will see.

Had the Margarita cauliflower pizza last. Wasn’t bad. It satisfies your pizza craving.

You have to try Fathead Pizza. I am doing Keto and love Pizza and it has been a life saver! I switch between sausage or pepperoni. Cauliflower pizza sucks... There is also a shredded chicken crust pizza that is supposed to be good.

One of the things I do with this is flip the crust at about 12 min, put it back in for 4-5 min then load it up with toppings. I don't use red sauce though, I make my own Ranch and use that. Either way you won't be disappointed, even my wife who is not Keto likes it.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/fat-head-pizza

Last edited:

Have you tried the all cheese crust? Start with parmesan in a skillet. After that melts add cheddar, jack and Colby til they melt. Add your toppings, sauce, meats, veggies more cheese and eat. The bottom layer gets crispy and holds up quite well

Have you tried the all cheese crust? Start with parmesan in a skillet. After that melts add cheddar, jack and Colby til they melt. Add your toppings, sauce, meats, veggies more cheese and eat. The bottom layer gets crispy and holds up quite well

That sounds goooood

Pretty much what the Fat Head crust is but with a 3/4 cup of almond flower and a egg. You can pick up a slice and eat like a normal pizza.

... I use a pizza stone on my grill and love that combo. Pretty much only organic ingredients for me so I get my crust from Whole Foods or Trader Joes with some organic mozzarella cheese. We have a local farm that produces grass fed beef and pork so one of my favorite pizza's is using a full pound of pulled pork with a BBQ sauce base and organic mozzarella cheese on top.

I love pizzas with a bbq based sauce. Throw a little grilled chicken on it and you’re good to go. I bet the pulled pork is amazing.

I love pizzas with a bbq based sauce. Throw a little grilled chicken on it and you’re good to go. I bet the pulled pork is amazing.

The Brisket we made a few days ago made for great pizza.

You have to be REALLY good about getting the moisture out. Otherwise it’s a soppy wet mess. I think the “good enough” description JB gave is apt. I’d rather make a tortilla/Ezekiel bread pizza or something to but down the carbs

This is going to be good

a92f5d542656ae20fc82673f101ee5f4.jpg

I'm a huge BBQ chicken pizza fan. There's a place here that does it in a white BBQ sauce. It's so good!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I always had terrible luck with pizza stone on the grill. Was probably doing something wrong, but the bottom would always burn. Wish I had one of the pizza ovens from the old sports bar I worked at.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back