Looking for shaft recommendation for Ping G SF Tec Driver

packerfan

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for a shaft recommendation. I currently play the Alta regular flex shaft with a 10* head set to 9*. I seemed to be hitting the ball too high at 10* and that is why I lowered it to 9*. I have no idea what my spin numbers are, but I'm hitting the ball for a total distance of around 230, with the occasional 240. I have a slow tempo swing and my swing speed is in the low 90s. I tend to hit a straight ball with the occasional slight fade. I'm wondering if I am maxing out my distance based on my swing speed or if there is another shaft out there that could get me another 10 - 15 yards of distance.

Might want to consider going up a flex if you're hitting the Alta R too high. See optimized carry numbers below. Going to 9* from 10* will encourage a more left-to-right flight path.

8440754991_5fc63a9ee0_c.jpg

Dave

I've gone through the Tour 65, Tour 80, ProForce V2 6F4 and the HZRDUS Yellow 75, all in stiff. Your swing speed is similar to mine. I swing low-mid 90's and generally go about 235/240. I also hit up on the ball which, depending on the shaft, ended with my ball going higher than I'd like. I've found that, for whatever reason, I don't get along with shafts in the 60g range. My best results on course were with the Tour 80 stiff, and, now, the HZRDUS Yellow. Love both shafts. Felt like I could go after the ball and it wouldn't balloon, and would do what I wanted it to do. I agree with going up in flex, but I'd say to consider a heavier shaft to see how it goes for you too.

Back