Hatton Buys Putter at Local Store

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Haha. That is great! I saw that he tore it up today but had no idea about the putter.

he sure seemed to dog cuss himself (and maybe the putter) after leaving his putt short on 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the sales guy tried to fit him into some clubs with inflated numbers.

I wonder if the sales guy tried to fit him into some clubs with inflated numbers.
Not sure, but the funnel cups probably pushed him to the register haha.

I like the look of the face.

a22c030f178f5cad0c3771ad8e711f43.jpg

https://m.golfgalaxy.com/p/ping-sig...=881978171295&searchType=Search by Product ID

Not sure, but the funnel cups probably pushed him to the register haha.

You got that right!! I make everything at that store

You got that right!! I make everything at that store

I take my 3 year old to Dick's to practice putting because of the funnel cups. Helps build his confidence and get him excited =)

There's a PGA Tour Superstore that's on the same side of Route 17 as the course and he wouldn't have had to make the nasty U-turn..must have been comparison shopping :alien:

Glad to see that it worked for him..until 18.

Her name was Karina :angel:

I’m curious why they’ve gone to the store when the same model has to be on the range right? Great story though

Tiger should have gone shopping with Hatton

Love these stories, reminds me when Choi bought an entire set before the Memorial at Golf Galaxy, I think Furyk got a putter once as well.

Love these stories, reminds me when Choi bought an entire set before the Memorial at Golf Galaxy, I think Furyk got a putter once as well.
Haha nice. Sergio went to a DICKS to get a SuperStroke grip or something with his putter.

That’s awesome! I wonder if PING is gonna reimburse him for that??? Haha!

Her name was Karina :angel:

I’m curious why they’ve gone to the store when the same model has to be on the range right? Great story though

Equipment vans are usually at the range Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. By Tuesday night, Wednesday morning they hit the road to get to the next Tour stop.
The putter receipt reads late Saturday afternoon, so I guess Tyrell was a disappointed with his putting and went shopping prior to Sunday's final round.

Here is a link to a story about Furyk paying $39 for a used putter and playing same to win the Tour Championship and Fed Ex Cup:

https://golfweek.com/2010/09/27/story-behind-jim-furyks-39-putter/

Jim Furyk picked up a used putter for $39 at one of our local golf shops just before the start of the then Deutsche Bank tournament...he went on to win the FedEx Cup with it.

Lol heard this on PGATour radio on Sirius....funny stuff

haha that is hilarious. glad it worked out for him.

Back