Srixon Z F85 Fairway Woods & Z H85 Hybrids

Like that the hybrids have an offering at 16*.

Like that the hybrids have an offering at 16*.

lol with the one range session I have with the hybrid that screams worm burner to me

lol with the one range session I have with the hybrid that screams worm burner to me

#UltimatePunchOutClub

both of these are going to get some on course action tomorrow morning. Playing at a course where position off the tee is a premium so I'd be willing to bet both fairway and hybrid will get plenty of use.

I am disappointed they dont offer a 7 wood or a 5 or 6 hybrid. I assume they think these type of players would play the Cleveland, but the golf industry is giving more options than ever these days. When a line is so limited in it's choices, it seems to make the brand seem 2nd tier.

I would love to see a 4 and 7W. There is a 5H in the Launcher line, and honestly the 6I in the HB Launchers is super easy to hit, but I am disappointed that they don't have a 4 or 7W in either line (Srixon and Cleveland) but not sure how much it costs to develop those other lofts and what the costs are for what is likely a pretty limited demand base. Same reason I would guess why so limited on lefty clubs. There has to be a return on investment and each OEM makes decisions that limit the options.

I agree Mancest, I completely understand it is business. I'm a Cleveland/Srixon homer at heart, so I'm more disappointed than mad. Maybe if sales are good, they will give more options on future lines. I guess I'm just nervous because I became a total Cleveland homer after the Altitudes came out and then they stopped making woods and irons a few years later. I just hope they dont do it again, because I love their stuff.

Part of my frustration is they do have a 7 wood and a 5 and 6 hybrid in these new lines in Japan. I just wish they would offer here in the states. Just like when they had the Q Star Tour in Europe the last few years, but didnt offer it here until last year. Here is the link to the JDM options in this line. https://www.tourspecgolf.com/brands/srixon

Good looking clubs made even better looking by those awesome photos @ddec!

both of these are going to get some on course action tomorrow morning. Playing at a course where position off the tee is a premium so I'd be willing to bet both fairway and hybrid will get plenty of use.

Have fun Dean!

OK some observations based on yesterdays round. As I said it was my old home course and it relies alot on precision off the tee(esp the first 10 holes). With that in mind these two clubs were used quite a bit.

The fairway wood was really good with the exception of one swing from the turf when I tried to go at an elevated green from 240. Really I just wanted to try and smash it and see what happened, well the result was no bueno. Blocking that swing from memory, I'm very pleased with how this performs. Srixon nailed the sound, and while it's a duller at impact, it still presents itself has been pretty powerful. Believe it or not I was able to hit a couple of controlled fades off the tee which set up perfectly for those particalur holes. Like most 3 woods, it's easier off the tee than it is the turf, but I haven't really struggled with it off the turf either, those results are more of a mid flight laser. Going to try to see if I can get more height on that shot the next time out.

Hybrid still baffles me and I continue to struggle with it. Time and weather permitting today I'm going to set up my net and go to work on the GC2 with it to see if I can figure something out. The only two shots that I saw good results on were tee shots at 8 and 9. Both had that flat trajectory which provided plenty of run to them. But outside of those two shots, this club for me has been more difficult than I wish to get in the air with enough distance to it. Without blaming the shaft because I don't want to be that person, the stock offering of HZRDUS Black might have just got in to my head.

OK some observations based on yesterdays round. As I said it was my old home course and it relies alot on precision off the tee(esp the first 10 holes). With that in mind these two clubs were used quite a bit.

The fairway wood was really good with the exception of one swing from the turf when I tried to go at an elevated green from 240. Really I just wanted to try and smash it and see what happened, well the result was no bueno. Blocking that swing from memory, I'm very pleased with how this performs. Srixon nailed the sound, and while it's a duller at impact, it still presents itself has been pretty powerful. Believe it or not I was able to hit a couple of controlled fades off the tee which set up perfectly for those particalur holes. Like most 3 woods, it's easier off the tee than it is the turf, but I haven't really struggled with it off the turf either, those results are more of a mid flight laser. Going to try to see if I can get more height on that shot the next time out.

Hybrid still baffles me and I continue to struggle with it. Time and weather permitting today I'm going to set up my net and go to work on the GC2 with it to see if I can figure something out. The only two shots that I saw good results on were tee shots at 8 and 9. Both had that flat trajectory which provided plenty of run to them. But outside of those two shots, this club for me has been more difficult than I wish to get in the air with enough distance to it. Without blaming the shaft because I don't want to be that person, the stock offering of HZRDUS Black might have just got in to my head.

Good stuff Dean. Makes me wish the FW came in a 4 wood option tbh. I saw another review that featured the hybrid. It was a higher SS player and the trajectory was also very flat even at his SS. Not sure if it's the shaft or the head's DNA to go low and be low spin.

Good stuff Dean. Makes me wish the FW came in a 4 wood option tbh. I saw another review that featured the hybrid. It was a higher SS player and the trajectory was also very flat even at his SS. Not sure if it's the shaft or the head's DNA to go low and be low spin.

I'm starting to lean that way in belief too, but have avoided searching around for other reviews on it. The good thing is if that is the ultimate conclusion and folks want to stay in they Srixon-Cleveland family, the launcher HB is still a fantastic option.

I agree Mancest, I completely understand it is business. I'm a Cleveland/Srixon homer at heart, so I'm more disappointed than mad. Maybe if sales are good, they will give more options on future lines. I guess I'm just nervous because I became a total Cleveland homer after the Altitudes came out and then they stopped making woods and irons a few years later. I just hope they dont do it again, because I love their stuff.

Yeah I totally understand that, but I also think when they shut down the cleveland iron/wood line up it was when the Srixon was trying to figure out their line up and how the brands worked together. Now they have it dialed in and think they will be releasing GI and SGI in odd years under Cleveland (basically the 155/355 became Launcher HB and Launcher CBX last year) and the players distance, players CB and possibly a MB line in the even years under Srixon (585/785/985).

Then XXIO is it's kind of own unique super high end GI where they experiment with R&D that will likely trickle down into the other lines. Or maybe I have a super positive outlook on it based on the way their marketing people seemed very excited for the upcoming (this release here) lines.

I'm starting to lean that way in belief too, but have avoided searching around for other reviews on it. The good thing is if that is the ultimate conclusion and folks want to stay in they Srixon-Cleveland family, the launcher HB is still a fantastic option.

gotta say this would surprise me. if the last fw/hy offering didn't sell as well as they wanted, and they're looking to make a splash in this club category with this release, it sure seems like a misfire to produce such a low-launching hybrid that would only work for a small segment of golfers. and don't you typically launch most clubs pretty high?

gotta say this would surprise me. if the last fw/hy offering didn't sell as well as they wanted, and they're looking to make a splash in this club category with this release, it sure seems like a misfire to produce such a low-launching hybrid that would only work for a small segment of golfers. and don't you typically launch most clubs pretty high?

yeah height and launch aren't normally things I have to worry about getting from my swing.
It would surprise me on one hand, but on the other hand they are releasing only 1 hybrid in this line, and with them having the Launcher HB sitting there, this would differentiate from that. Again this is all kind of speculation at this point as I've yet to find the groove with this one.

yeah height and launch aren't normally things I have to worry about getting from my swing.
It would surprise me on one hand, but on the other hand they are releasing only 1 hybrid in this line, and with them having the Launcher HB sitting there, this would differentiate from that. Again this is all kind of speculation at this point as I've yet to find the groove with this one.

looking forward to following along, and as always thank you for the hard work you put into the reviews

You not being able to launch a hybrid makes this into a chipper for me and my low launch.

You not being able to launch a hybrid makes this into a chipper for me and my low launch.

I think your speed would help you out more. Looks like Monday is the day for GC2 time.

I think your speed would help you out more. Looks like Monday is the day for GC2 time.

Maybe, but its below my loft cutoff for a hybo anyways, its that 7W zone.

The 3w though still enamors the heck out of me.

I can't wait to see the data good sir.

"Good" data haha

I'm going to see if I can sneak @o'carroll out for a session with it. He mashes hybrids.

He does, its the damndest thing I have ever seen.

Maybe, but its below my loft cutoff for a hybo anyways, its that 7W zone.

The 3w though still enamors the heck out of me.

I can't wait to see the data good sir.

"Good" data haha

I'm going to see if I can sneak @o'carroll out for a session with it. He mashes hybrids.

He should play only hybrids. But that's for another thread.

"Good" data haha

Back